Scripts has issues after an firefox update!

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros Firefox add-on.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
webcan

Scripts has issues after an firefox update!

Post by webcan » Fri Jun 30, 2017 3:55 pm

HI! I have been using this script for adding post on Kijij for almost a year without much issues and if something changes I usually just modi the script with the record and add it in but now I am having issues I cannot seem to fix.

Its been I think since the June 22 and now I noticed my script has been freezing at a TAG location and also will not activate the File upload box..

I tryied the following
1: I disabled all addons ( except imacros of course ) and plugins.
2: tried diffent recording methods and still no upload.
3: tried different firefox profiles and got the script to run past the Tag URL link but it still does not upload. ALso on the second run it froze at the link again ..
4: disabled all taskbar stuff including virus utility and fire wall.

I have been trying now for hours but still no cigar..

Its script stops at line 4 and does actually send the page to the right address but does not go to line 5.
Below is the script that opens kijiji's picture and adds in a pic from a specified location. it does continue but without actually loading the picture.
There is Javascript for loging in but they seem to work although since the error began it shows the script in its executing in its Entirety in the left hand pane as it did not show that before..

---------------------------part of Script where it stops--------------
VERSION BUILD=8940826 RECORDER=FX
TAB T=1
SET !ERRORIGNORE YES
URL GOTO=https://www.kijiji.ca/m-my-ads.html
WAIT SECONDS=1
TAG POS=1 TYPE=A ATTR=TXT:3<SP>1/2,planchers<SP>bois<SP>franc,Poele/Frigo/Imd/Juillet
WAIT SECONDS=1
-------------------------------End of script---------------------------------------------

-----------------------Part of script that post a picture to kijiji---------------
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:FILE FORM=ACTION:/p-submit-ad.html ATTR=* CONTENT=C:\Users\Paul\Google\1.JPG
WAIT SECONDS=8
-----------------------------End of script--------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Firefox ESR version is : 52.2.1 (64-bit)
Imacro for firefox 9.0.3
Windows 7 Pro
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I would really any appreciate any help one could offer as I am really stumped :(
chivracq

Re: Scripts has issues after an firefox update!

Post by chivracq » Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:46 pm

webcan wrote:

Code: Select all

Imacro for firefox 9.0.3
Windows 7 Pro
HI! I have been using this script for adding post on Kijij for almost a year without much issues and if something changes I usually just modi the script with the record and add it in but now I am having issues I cannot seem to fix.

Its been I think since the June 22 and now I noticed my script has been freezing at a TAG location and also will not activate the File upload box..

I tryied the following
1: I disabled all addons ( except imacros of course ) and plugins.
2: tried diffent recording methods and still no upload.
3: tried different firefox profiles and got the script to run past the Tag URL link but it still does not upload. ALso on the second run it froze at the link again ..
4: disabled all taskbar stuff including virus utility and fire wall.

I have been trying now for hours but still no cigar..

Its script stops at line 4 and does actually send the page to the right address but does not go to line 5.
Below is the script that opens kijiji's picture and adds in a pic from a specified location. it does continue but without actually loading the picture.
There is Javascript for loging in but they seem to work although since the error began it shows the script in its executing in its Entirety in the left hand pane as it did not show that before..

---------------------------part of Script where it stops--------------

VERSION BUILD=8940826 RECORDER=FX
TAB T=1
SET !ERRORIGNORE YES
URL GOTO=https://www.kijiji.ca/m-my-ads.html
WAIT SECONDS=1
TAG POS=1 TYPE=A ATTR=TXT:3<SP>1/2,planchers<SP>bois<SP>franc,Poele/Frigo/Imd/Juillet
WAIT SECONDS=1
-------------------------------End of script---------------------------------------------

-----------------------Part of script that post a picture to kijiji---------------

TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:FILE FORM=ACTION:/p-submit-ad.html ATTR=* CONTENT=C:\Users\Paul\Google\1.JPG
WAIT SECONDS=8
-----------------------------End of script--------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Imacro for firefox 9.0.3
Windows 7 Pro
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I would really any appreciate any help one could offer as I am really stumped :(
Oh...!, very good...! You now mention your FCI directly, youpidoo...!! :D
(Hum..., and I hope you won't find me a "pretentious tard" this time, ah-ah...! :wink: )

OK...!, hum, the "Symptoms" you describe especially about the File Upload are "typical" for v9.0.3 for FF where this Functionality is not supported anymore (like mentioned in the Release Notes btw), so I guess your System recently updated iMacros from probably v8.9.7 to v9.0.3.
=> The "simple" Solution is simply to revert to v8.9.7 (which still works on FF54 currently in case you are wondering...), and to make sure of course that you disable Automatic Updates for iMacros, ah-ah...!

Your first Issue about the 'URL GOTO' hanging shouldn't be directly related to v8.9.7 or v9.0.3, but you can already check if reverting to v8.9.7 already helps as well for this Pb... I noticed anyway that this 'Kijij' Site is very heavy (and I only landed on the Login Page from the URL you provided) in 3rd party Scripts and Applets trying to load, and that Page took about 30-40 sec for me to load and iMacros will wait for all those 3rd party Scripts and Ads to load before going any further...

You could shorten your '!TIMEOUT_PAGE' Setting to prevent your Script to wait for them, and/or you could use some Ad-Blocker like ABP/ABE/uBlock and "tune" it to block most of those probably unnecessary Scripts... :idea:
Last edited by chivracq on Sat Jul 01, 2017 4:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
webcan

Post by webcan » Sat Jul 01, 2017 3:36 am

hi! Thanks for reply.:) and thanks for clearing the file upload issue, but now I do not see where to download an older version? I check on the main site "Under Downloads" but nothing referring to older versions :( I also checked the rest of the site briefly though. Is it somewhere in a forum post?

I Yes I do agree that the other issues could be related to the version so I will see when I revert back.

As for the load time of Kijiji I totally agree on the heavy load.. that's why I run the script in medium speed with wait times in certain spots ( like the 8 sec wait time after each file upload )

Thanks for the advice on the TIMEOUT_PAGE setting.. I will modify it to shorten the time it wait. Thank you :)

Thank a lot I rely appreciate you taking the time to answer my post :)
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Sat Jul 01, 2017 4:23 am

webcan wrote:hi! Thanks for reply.:) and thanks for clearing the file upload issue, but now I do not see where to download an older version? I check on the main site "Under Downloads" but nothing referring to older versions :( I also checked the rest of the site briefly though. Is it somewhere in a forum post?

I Yes I do agree that the other issues could be related to the version so I will see when I revert back.

As for the load time of Kijiji I totally agree on the heavy load.. that's why I run the script in medium speed with wait times in certain spots ( like the 8 sec wait time after each file upload )

Thanks for the advice on the TIMEOUT_PAGE setting.. I will modify it to shorten the time it wait. Thank you :)

Thank a lot I rely appreciate you taking the time to answer my post :)
Well, absolutely all previous Versions of any Add-on for FF can always be downloaded from the Mozilla Add-ons Archive, and this applies to iMacros of course... FF/Mozilla is perfect for that, while Google/Chrome is a complete "pain in the ass" on the contrary with their Chrome Add-ons Web-Store which always only offers the "latest" Version of an Add-on.
Some (previous) Versions of iMacros for FF + CR can be downloaded as well from their respective 'iMacros for FF/CR Version History' Page in the Wiki... (and among which v8.9.7 for FF). Easiest way to find those Pages is to check the 'VERSION' Command in the Wiki and you have direct Links at the bottom of the Page...

Well a 'WAIT' time of 8 sec for the Upload can be totally legit and not necessarily related to the "Weight" of the Site/Pages...

The way to "tune" Speed for Scripts (while keeping/increasing Reliability) for "heavy" Sites/Pages is to shorten '!TIMEOUT_PAGE' which will allow to wait for a Page to load until a fixed Nb of seconds, say 10 or 20 (instead of the Default 60 sec) and on the contrary, to increase '!TIMEOUT_STEP' to compensate for the Difference with 60 sec, at least for the first 'TAG' Statement on each Page after which you can set it back to 6 sec or even 1 or 0 sec if you expect Elements not to be present on the Page...

(There was a Typo in my previous Reply: "Automatics" instead of "Automatic Updates", corrected...)
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
webcan

Post by webcan » Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:33 pm

HI! all is good now. Its would appear that all issues were related to the recent update of Imacro 9.0.3 as I reverted back to the previous version " v8.9.7" and all is working as it once was..

My concern is for the future though as Firefox will continue to update and so does the site At Kijiji this old version may no longer work and I wonder what will be my options as they removed functionality for file Upload.. What is the alternative for Firefox users? will there be a paid version of the addon ?
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Sun Jul 02, 2017 7:29 am

webcan wrote:HI! all is good now. Its would appear that all issues were related to the recent update of Imacro 9.0.3 as I reverted back to the previous version " v8.9.7" and all is working as it once was..

My concern is for the future though as Firefox will continue to update and so does the site At Kijiji this old version may no longer work and I wonder what will be my options as they removed functionality for file Upload.. What is the alternative for Firefox users? will there be a paid version of the addon ?
Good to hear about the main "Issues" in this Thread... :D

For the rest, hum, I like the "Concept" of "Concerns" actually, you just gave me some (good) Idea...))

So, Okay, to answer your "Concern":
Well, you didn't seem too "concerned" that v9.0.3 was already out for 1 year, and not concerned either by the Future which is already currently at FF54... Oops...!? :wink:
(And v8.9.7 for FF still works on FF54 btw if you are wondering (except for one little Bug for which it looks until now like I'm the only impacted, nobody has confirmed it, and I think it very probably hits FF52 as well), you could have checked the Forum a bit, I've already posted that Info several times...)
:arrow: => Homework/Mission: Find out which Bug I am referring to and confirm that it hits FF52 indeed as well...? :idea:

You should btw rather be concerned about the "Quality" of v9.0.3 which was pretty buggy and limited compared to v8.9.7...
Last edited by chivracq on Sun Jul 02, 2017 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
webcan

Post by webcan » Sun Jul 02, 2017 6:16 pm

I am mostly referring too the Non-support of file upload.. for the rest if there is bugs they will get ironed out like most bugs do.
Is there another option for FF users concerning file upload and Imacro? is there like a paid version we can buy of Imacro for FF?
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Sun Jul 02, 2017 7:27 pm

webcan wrote:I am mostly referring too the Non-support of file upload.. for the rest if there is bugs they will get ironed out like most bugs do.
Is there another option for FF users concerning file upload and Imacro? is there like a paid version we can buy of Imacro for FF?
Well, v8.9.7 is the stable and recommended Version for FF at this moment..., and it "luckily" keeps working on FF, until FF54 now, and I guess when it will get broken by some FF Release, that v9.0.3 as well will be broken...

Well, as a "paid Version", you have iMB (iMacros Browser) but it is a separate Browser (forked on IE) which comes with the "Scripting Interface" with which you can automate all 4 Browsers (from a '.vbs', 'C', 'C#' etc Script) but they still rely on their mutual Add-on for each Browser so I guess File Upload will still not work if you have v9.0.3 installed...
webcan

Post by webcan » Mon Jul 03, 2017 4:24 pm

HI.hmm did they mentioned why they decided to no longer support file upload in FF? and is it only FF?

I am not sure if I am following you, R you saying that file upload will still not work even with the Imacro browser?
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Tue Jul 04, 2017 12:53 am

webcan wrote:HI.hmm did they mentioned why they decided to no longer support file upload in FF? and is it only FF?
Of course they did, well, not "of course" because TechSup very scarcely reply on the Forum (I guess I'm doing a too good damn Job, ah-ah...! :oops: :D )
=> Sorry this Thread is a xxx-Duplicate...!, all your Qt's have already been asked and answered..., well several months ago indeed now, but we could "use" some more up-to-date Answer from TechSup indeed...
But sorry, you never search the Forum...! :roll: , make this Thread the ULTIMATE Thread about this Subject but shit sorry...! "Scripts has issues after an firefox update!" is a completely useless Thread Title (grammatically not even correct, ggrrr...!), you got lucky I even replied to your Thread...! (I normally don't even answer Threads with such a useless Thread Title, if you could improve it would be nice btw...)
webcan wrote:I am not sure if I am following you, R you saying that file upload will still not work even with the Imacro browser?
Answer is "Nope", => Never said that, as I never used iMB..., ah-ah...!
iMB is a Browser on its own, forked on IE, but is different from IE/FF/CR..., it is a Browser...!
=> I think File Upload works on iMB (v11.5)...
File Upload OOONNNLLLYYY doesn't work anymore on v9.0.3 for FF, follow my Advice and go for v8.9.7...! :roll:
=> Yep, works on iMB and all Browsers except v9.0.3 for FF..., and hum, not sure about CR... (I think File Upload has never been supported on CR, but I don't use this Browser, check the Wiki or the Forum, it is documented...)

Don't be obsessed by "latest Version" (and you are a VERY bad Example btw with adopting v9.0.3 after one year (complete Joke sorry, ah-ah...!) and then still at FF52 which is already 2 months old), sorry, you sound like a Troll I realize, hum, unless you can confirm you are Blond + Female, then OK, I will be a bit "softer" from now on in my Explanations :wink: , but otherwise, v8.9.7 for FF is the recommended STABLE Version to use...!!! Works on FF48/54, forget about v9.0.3 for FF, completely Buggy...!, Grrr...!, in what Language do I have to say it...!?

OK, + in Barbie Colour...:
v8.9.7 for FF is the recommended STABLE Version to use...!!! Works on FF48/54, forget about v9.0.3 for FF, completely Buggy...!, Grrr...!, in what Language do I have to say it...!?

That's the Version I use myself..., well for my Test Environment for the Forum... (for "Stupido's" using plain FF which is full of Memory Leaks, etc...), for my own Prod Env, I still use v8.8.2 (+PM26) which is still the best and most stable Version, far-far-far from v9.0.3, ah-ah...!!
(And I never bothered even installing v9.0.3 which was completely buggy and never tested from the beginning...!)

What's the point of asking Qt's on the Forum if you don't trust any Advice...?
Take my Advice, I'm an "Advanced" User, ("promoted" to "Forum Mod" by TechSup (and I'm still the only one after 2years), even if I've never used iMB ah-ah/oops...!), so I guess I don't tell (too much...!?) Bullshit...! (OK, I can have my "Style" from time to time, but the 'Technical' Content of my Replies is always correct...)

Woaw...!, the 180-Size looks sexy, I should use it more often, ah-ah...! 8)
Hum..., let me add some sexy Colour to it, I'm an Artist after all, oops...! Yeah, that Green looks nice...!

But if using some FF ESR Version, you must be working for some School/University/Big Company I guess, let your IT Guy see this Thread or speak to me, I guess the Communication will be easier... :idea:
webcan

Post by webcan » Tue Jul 04, 2017 5:10 pm

I never said that I did not trust your advice.. its fact I took it and reverted back to an older version of imacro as soon as you mentioned it...
Ps: My FF does report that its up to date with the latest version. its at 52.2.1 Firefox ESR. Unless the report is incorrect..
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:36 pm

webcan wrote:I never said that I did not trust your advice.. its fact I took it and reverted back to an older version of imacro as soon as you mentioned it...
Ps: My FF does report that its up to date with the latest version. its at 52.2.1 Firefox ESR. Unless the report is incorrect..
Hum, "blond" thing in my previous Post was maybe a bit inappropriate, got a bit on my nerves, ah-ah...! I guess you were more "clever" than me by not reacting, ah-ah...! Sorry about that... :oops:
But the Green and the Pink look nice, I should use that more often, ah-ah...!
But hum, I still find your Thread Title a bit "useless", grrr...! :idea:

Well, the ESR Channel is "normally" for Schools/Universities or "Big" Companies and Banks usually using some Proprietary Technology and who want to stay for a long time on a specific Version on FF (considered to be very Stable and thoroughly tested) so they have the time to adapt and test their System before updating to some later Version... v9.0.3 should never have found its way to the ESR Channel, in my Opinion... It was from Day_1 it was released so obviously buggy and limited compared to v8.9.7 that I never even bothered to install it..., and most "serious" Users reverted quickly within a few hours/days back to v8.9.7...
=> How come you are on the ESR Channel for FF...? (Own Choice or am I correct about Uni/Big_Comp...?)

FF is completely fucked up anyway since a few years with the pace of their Update Schema, stupidly trying to follow/compete (with) Chrome, every new Version breaks stg (at least in iMacros) and brings some new Bug... I staid for myself for a very long time at FF47, then updated to FF51 a few months ago, and then to FF53 and directly to FF54 recently. It's nearly a Miracle btw that v8.9.7 still works on FF54... You should check the Forum btw each time before updating your FF to check that v8.9.7 still works on "your" Version and you are actually on the "Luxury" of always being at least 2 Versions behind, from being on the ESR Channel...
(Hum, and I maintain a FF Environment actually only for the Forum, I use a different Browser for myself for my "Prod" Environment, Pale Moon, which is much more reliable and performing than plain FF...)