Want to try iMacros for Chrome

Support for iMacros. The iMacros software is the unique solution for automating every activity inside a web browser, for data extraction and web testing.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
shaves

Want to try iMacros for Chrome

Post by shaves » Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:49 pm

I have the iMacros Enterprise edition. I develop macros (Excel / VBA) using both the iMacros browser and the Internet Explorer browser. I'm currently testing one of these macros in an upgraded application. This particular macro was using the iMacros browser ("-ie") and I have had to modify it to use the iMacros browser since our IT department did "something" to IE and now these macros encounter all kinds of errors (like no longer populating logon screens with the IE browser). Drop downs have been particularly difficult. I have been able to get around most of the issues by using the iMacros browser with iMacros version 11 on a 64 bit machine (and using the new EVENT feature). The machine is using Windows 7. I thought I would try to see how this macro would work any better with Chrome. I'm having a hard time finding out if I have to download iMacros for Chrome or if I just need to get some Chrome add-on. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for taking the time to look at this message.........shaves
chivracq

Re: Want to try iMacros for Chrome

Post by chivracq » Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:43 pm

shaves wrote:I have the iMacros Enterprise edition. I develop macros (Excel / VBA) using both the iMacros browser and the Internet Explorer browser. I'm currently testing one of these macros in an upgraded application. This particular macro was using the iMacros browser ("-ie") and I have had to modify it to use the iMacros browser since our IT department did "something" to IE and now these macros encounter all kinds of errors (like no longer populating logon screens with the IE browser). Drop downs have been particularly difficult. I have been able to get around most of the issues by using the iMacros browser with iMacros version 11 on a 64 bit machine (and using the new EVENT feature). The machine is using Windows 7. I thought I would try to see how this macro would work any better with Chrome. I'm having a hard time finding out if I have to download iMacros for Chrome or if I just need to get some Chrome add-on. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for taking the time to look at this message.........shaves
Yep, to use iMacros with CR, you simply need to install the iMacros for CR Add-on (from the Google-Chrome Web-Store), current Version v8.4.4 is quite stable and has the 'EVENT' Mode implemented in it as well.
Next Step if you need Local File Access (for '!DATASOURCE' or 'SAVEAS' or to access your '.iim' Macros), you'll need to install the FIO-Module.
All Links and Explanation from the 'iMacros for CR Version Page' in the Wiki...

But many Commands are still not implemented in iMacros for CR, you'll need to make sure by checking the Command Reference that your Scripts don't use any of those Commands...
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
shaves

Post by shaves » Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:41 pm

Thank you for the quick reply. I'm going to try the add-in and see how it works for me. thanks again for the information
shaves

Post by shaves » Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:32 pm

I have 1 more question about Chrome. It doesn't appear to have an Extraction Wizard like the iMacros and IE browsers. Did I miss something? Thanks again for your help........
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:05 pm

shaves wrote:I have 1 more question about Chrome. It doesn't appear to have an Extraction Wizard like the iMacros and IE browsers. Did I miss something? Thanks again for your help........
Nope (you didn't miss anything!), only iMB has the Extraction Wizard (that's one of my EnhReq's (Item '08') btw, feel free to "support" it...), but you can always use iMB for the Extraction (Wizard) part and then run your Script in any other Browser of your Choice...
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
shaves

Post by shaves » Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:20 pm

Thanks for the info. I'll be glad to support your request. It's not efficient to have to go back and forth between the iMacros Browser and the Chrome browser. How would I let someone know that this is a good suggestion and definitely needed?
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:55 pm

shaves wrote:Thanks for the info. I'll be glad to support your request. It's not efficient to have to go back and forth between the iMacros Browser and the Chrome browser. How would I let someone know that this is a good suggestion and definitely needed?
Simply quote which EnhReq(s) of mine you support and bump that EnhReq Thread, together with a bit of Explanation/Motivation (and a Link to this current Thread wouldn't hurt)...

And you maybe as well have some other EnhReq(s) that I have not listed... This is your chance...! 8)