Warning unresponsive script

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros Firefox add-on.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
sonic83

Warning unresponsive script

Post by sonic83 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:48 am

Hello everyone, I'm new here but in love with what imacros can do. I do not know how to program but I am sure that I will learn over time and with your help.

I made my first imacros (very simple) recently but in firefox I get this error constantly. Imacros works fine, not really error, but it blocks navigation.

I hope someone can help me.

I have looked for the answer and I have seen that normally it requests this extra information (I hope to do it well):

- (F) CIM = (Full) Config Info Missing: iMacros + Browser + OS with all 3 Versions ...
I use Windows 10, Navegadoir is firefox 47.0.2 and the version of imacros is 8.9.7 :)

regards

PS: moderators, I think my previous message was moderated. Please delete it and replace it with this one, which has more information.

Thank you
iimfun

Re: Warning unresponsive script

Post by iimfun » Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:29 am

Hello,

This usually happens in case of infinite loops in the script. So check your code.
sonic83

Post by sonic83 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:11 am

iimfun wrote:Hello,

This usually happens in case of infinite loops in the script. So check your code.
Thank you very much for your answer and time iimfun.

The truth is that I do not know how to solve it, my knowledge of imacros is very limited. I have made some amateur modifications to the code they gave me but I do not know where the error is.

Can you give me any indication? I DO NOT want to abuse the kindness by sending the code for review.

Thank you
iimfun

Post by iimfun » Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:50 pm

Okay, the 'alert()' and 'iimDisplay()' functions are commonly used to debug the code. You should try to use them as well.

If you'd like to have an example, here are two "heavy" loops

Code: Select all

alert("2 sec Loop: Start");
var d0 = new Date();
while (new Date() - d0 < 2000) {
	iimDisplay("2 sec Loop: End");
}

alert("5 sec Loop: Start");
var d0 = new Date();
while (new Date() - d0 < 5000) {
	iimDisplay("5 sec Loop: End");
}
Hope that helps.
sonic83

Post by sonic83 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:49 pm

iimfun wrote:Okay, the 'alert()' and 'iimDisplay()' functions are commonly used to debug the code. You should try to use them as well.

If you'd like to have an example, here are two "heavy" loops

Code: Select all

alert("2 sec Loop: Start");
var d0 = new Date();
while (new Date() - d0 < 2000) {
	iimDisplay("2 sec Loop: End");
}

alert("5 sec Loop: Start");
var d0 = new Date();
while (new Date() - d0 < 5000) {
	iimDisplay("5 sec Loop: End");
}
Hope that helps.
Thank you sincerely for your help. I'm going to try it. Should I add this code at the beginning or is it an example that I have to adapt?

Thank you
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:15 pm

Well, easier would probably be if you simply posted your Script, if it's "I made my first imacros (very simple)...", then we can have a look and tell you what could be the culprit...

And hum, why don't you simply check the 'Don't ask me again' Option on the 'Unresponsive Script' Popup...?

You have some Setting in 'about:config' (I don't remember the Name, it is mentioned somewhere in the FAQ), where you can extend or shorten that Setting, Default is 30 or 60 Sec, I think, I don't remember exactly, I modified it already many years ago, but iMacros usually simply needs more time to run a Macro/Script, so you can safely disable it for this 'jsplayer.js' which belongs to iMacros...

First "Reaction" would be to extend this Setting in 'about:config', I actually shortened it myself to 10-15-20 Sec I think, as I regularly encounter such "Unresponsive Script" Popups caused by the Flash Player Plugin conflicting/crashing with the VLC Plugin and/or VLC running in the background...

EDIT:
I thought the 'Don't ask me again' could be set per specific 'script.js' but that's apparently not the case...
I have the same following 2 Settings on all my FF (v54.0.1 currently) + Pale Moon (v26.3.3) Profiles:
- dom.max_chrome_script_run_time = 20 ("default")
- dom.max_script_run_time = 0 ("user set")
=> I guess the "0" means "Don't ask me again", and the first Setting with "20" is the one triggered when I get those Flash Crashes... I'm actually going to shorten it to "10", ah-ah...!
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
sonic83

Post by sonic83 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:52 pm

chivracq wrote:Well, easier would probably be if you simply posted your Script, if it's "I made my first imacros (very simple)...", then we can have a look and tell you what could be the culprit...

And hum, why don't you simply check the 'Don't ask me again' Option on the 'Unresponsive Script' Popup...?

You have some Setting in 'about:config' (I don't remember the Name, it is mentioned somewhere in the FAQ), where you can extend or shorten that Setting, Default is 30 or 60 Sec, I think, I don't remember exactly, I modified it already many years ago, but iMacros usually simply needs more time to run a Macro/Script, so you can safely disable it for this 'jsplayer.js' which belongs to iMacros...

First "Reaction" would be to extend this Setting in 'about:config', I actually shortened it myself to 10-15-20 Sec I think, as I regularly encounter such "Unresponsive Script" Popups caused by the Flash Player Plugin conflicting/crashing with the VLC Plugin and/or VLC running in the background...

EDIT:
I thought the 'Don't ask me again' could be set per specific 'script.js' but that's apparently not the case...
I have the same following 2 Settings on all my FF (v54.0.1 currently) + Pale Moon (v26.3.3) Profiles:
=> I guess the "0" means "Don't ask me again", and the first Setting with "20" is the one triggered when I get those Flash Crashes... I'm actually going to shorten it to "10", ah-ah...!
Thanks for your time, I try it and comment that it was :)
sonic83

Post by sonic83 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:53 pm

Hello friends, I only write to say that I keep doing tests to see if the error continues. If it does not work, I can tell the community that the solution has worked. Tomorrow more information, thanks again
sonic83

Post by sonic83 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:38 am

chivracq wrote: EDIT:
Has worked, thanks, or at least no longer appears that error :)

PS: Can you send private messages in this forum? I can not find the option.
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:35 am

sonic83 wrote:

OK..., good to hear... :D
Depending on how "intensive" you are using or going to use iMacros, you may want to dedicate a FF Profile for your Scripts to run as this Setting is Profile-wide and may affect other Scripts running on other Pages, I have the "Feeling" for example that JS Scripts sometimes hang on FB or other Sites with (stupidly) heavy JS Scripts running in the Background...

About "PM", nope, not possible, PM is not activated on the Forum... If you want to contact some other User, you first need to exchange some E-mail Address or Skype or whatever via some Post on the Forum or in your Profile/Signature...
(And if it was to contact me, ah-ah...!, no chance!, I only answer Qt's on the Forum...)
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
iimfun

Post by iimfun » Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:27 am

sonic83 wrote:Has worked, thanks, or at least no longer appears that error :)
It's still unclear for me whether the problem is completely solved.
sonic83 wrote:PS: Can you send private messages in this forum? I can not find the option.
Hey, no issues, let us know your email and wait for my (or somebody's else) personal message. Privacy is not illegal so far.
sonic83

Post by sonic83 » Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:44 pm

chivracq wrote:
sonic83 wrote:

OK..., good to hear... :D
Depending on how "intensive" you are using or going to use iMacros, you may want to dedicate a FF Profile for your Scripts to run as this Setting is Profile-wide and may affect other Scripts running on other Pages, I have the "Feeling" for example that JS Scripts sometimes hang on FB or other Sites with (stupidly) heavy JS Scripts running in the Background...

About "PM", nope, not possible, PM is not activated on the Forum... If you want to contact some other User, you first need to exchange some E-mail Address or Skype or whatever via some Post on the Forum or in your Profile/Signature...
(And if it was to contact me, ah-ah...!, no chance!, I only answer Qt's on the Forum...)
Oh :(, the error seems to persist. The truth is that I do not like Firefox because errors of this type appear. In palemoon it does not occur to me.

Anyway I look for a browser that consumes fewer resources and when trying palemoon it seems that it consumes even less than half :) :)

Thank you for explaining about the private ... haha I will end up falling for you (ummm this expression will be the same in my language as in English? I hope it is and that it is not literal or it will sound strange).

iimfun wrote:
sonic83 wrote:Has worked, thanks, or at least no longer appears that error :)
It's still unclear for me whether the problem is completely solved.
sonic83 wrote:PS: Can you send private messages in this forum? I can not find the option.
Hey, no issues, let us know your email and wait for my (or somebody's else) personal message. Privacy is not illegal so far.
Thank you iimfun, You've been very kind. Thanks for also explaining the contact details.

What happens is that a baby programmer still knows more than I haha. A million and a half thanks.