Zooming

Discussions and Tech Support related to website data extraction, screen scraping and data mining using iMacros.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
rgeno

Zooming

Post by rgeno » Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:17 pm

New iMacros user here. I have a web page that is being displayed differently on standard aspect monitors than on their widescreen counterparts (the components I'm using in the macro aren't even present in the trunctated version!). I have tried various resizing to no avail, but have noticed that when I zoom out the web page is rebuilt with the components I need! I've searched these forums and the wiki to no avail. I have tried each recording method and none of them pick up my zooming (ctrl + / ctrl -). Has anybody successfully gotten zooming to work with IE?

Thanks
chivracq

Re: Zooming

Post by chivracq » Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:52 pm

rgeno wrote:New iMacros user here. I have a web page that is being displayed differently on standard aspect monitors than on their widescreen counterparts (the components I'm using in the macro aren't even present in the trunctated version!). I have tried various resizing to no avail, but have noticed that when I zoom out the web page is rebuilt with the components I need! I've searched these forums and the wiki to no avail. I have tried each recording method and none of them pick up my zooming (ctrl + / ctrl -). Has anybody successfully gotten zooming to work with IE?

Thanks
(F)CIM...! :mrgreen: (Always mention your FCI when you open a Thread, read my Sig..., many Commands are not implemented for all Browsers/Versions...)

And try to select the correct Sub-Forum when you open a Thread, "Zooming" has nothing to do with "Data Extraction" I would think... The 'General' Sub-Forum would have been the correct one..., but no need to duplicate now... :roll:

Search my Posts on "Zoom", I've already done some "Digging" and posted a Solution with 'Ctrl^+/-' that should work on IE as well, if you are using iMacros for IE v11.x or later...
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
rgeno

Post by rgeno » Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:03 pm

I did try to post in the right forum. I simply failed (my end goal is data extraction, but I suppose my immediate concern is a bit more general).

I'm using iMacros Version 12.0.501.1208 Emulating IE11
The macro is currently running on Windows 10 but I'll need to run it on Windows 7 as well.

I'm using the iMacros player to execute the macro. I'm calling it via a program, I know there is an API for iMacros but I just haven't had the time to learn to use it just yet.

I did try the code you posted on another thread, but that was 4 years old and rather than resurrect such an old thread I opted to post a new one.

I have tried incorporating this line into my macro

Code: Select all

EVENTS TYPE=KEYPRESS SELECTOR="#phpbb" CHARS="----" MODIFIERS="ctrl"
But I had no success. I'm not 100% certain what the selector clause does so I tried it both with and without. Is there perhaps a setting in iMacros that I need to enable to take the Keypress?
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:57 pm

rgeno wrote:I did try to post in the right forum. I simply failed (my end goal is data extraction, but I suppose my immediate concern is a bit more general).

I'm using

iMacros Version 12.0.501.1208 Emulating IE11
The macro is currently running on Windows 10 but I'll need to run it on Windows 7 as well.

I'm using the iMacros player to execute the macro. I'm calling it via a program, I know there is an API for iMacros but I just haven't had the time to learn to use it just yet.

I did try the code you posted on another thread, but that was 4 years old and rather than resurrect such an old thread I opted to post a new one.

I have tried incorporating this line into my macro

EVENTS TYPE=KEYPRESS SELECTOR="#phpbb" CHARS="----" MODIFIERS="ctrl"
But I had no success. I'm not 100% certain what the selector clause does so I tried it both with and without. Is there perhaps a setting in iMacros that I need to enable to take the Keypress?
OK for FCI..., and Win10 or Win7 shouldn't make a Difference...

iMB v12.0, perfect, then you can use indeed the 'EVENT' Mode and the mini-Script I had posted in that older Thread (which is already 4 years old...!?, howdie...! :oops: (Oh yeah, original Thread was indeed from 2013 before I actually joined the Forum, but I had only posted about 1 year later when I stumbled upon it one day...)) should still work...
And yep of course!, 'SELECTOR="#phpbb"' was meant for the Script to work as an Example on some Page on the Forum itself, you need to adapt it to your specific Site, but 'SELECTOR=*' (with a Wildcard) should work as well on any Site..., and indeed, yep it does...!: :D

EVENTS TYPE=KEYPRESS SELECTOR=* CHARS="----" MODIFIERS="ctrl"
WAIT SECONDS=3
EVENTS TYPE=KEYPRESS SELECTOR=* CHARS="0" MODIFIERS="ctrl"
(Tested on iMacros for FF v8.8.2, Pale Moon v26.3.3 (=FF47), Win10-x64.)
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...