Button keeps changing on different webpages

Support for iMacros. The iMacros software is the unique solution for automating every activity inside a web browser, for data extraction and web testing.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
dondada7

Button keeps changing on different webpages

Post by dondada7 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:40 pm

I am trying to automate the uploading process of a popular print on demand website. I can't provide URL's as it requires an account to login that requires approval by the website.

The script stops every now and then at the same spot so I recorded through 10 tabs and found the button changes. The error is Error code: -921 and it says button cannot be found.

Here is the recording I did of the 10 tabs:

VERSION BUILD=9030808 RECORDER=FX
TAB T=1
TAG POS=1 TYPE=BUTTON FORM=ID:form-main-1 ATTR=ID:save-and-continue-upload-art-announce
TAG POS=1 TYPE=SPAN ATTR=ID:gear-checkbox-heather_blue
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:CHECKBOX FORM=ID:form-main-1 ATTR=NAME:data[draft][colors][heather_blue]-check CONTENT=YES
TAG POS=1 TYPE=BUTTON FORM=ID:form-main-1 ATTR=ID:save-and-continue-choose-variations-announce
TAB T=2
TAG POS=1 TYPE=DIV ATTR=ID:a-popover-lgtbox
TAG POS=1 TYPE=BUTTON FORM=ID:form-main-1 ATTR=ID:save-and-continue-upload-art-announce
TAG POS=1 TYPE=SPAN ATTR=ID:gear-checkbox-heather_grey
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:CHECKBOX FORM=ID:form-main-1 ATTR=NAME:data[draft][colors][heather_grey]-check CONTENT=YES
TAG POS=1 TYPE=BUTTON FORM=ID:form-main-1 ATTR=ID:save-and-continue-choose-variations-announce
TAB T=3
TAG POS=7 TYPE=DIV ATTR=TXT:UploadUploadingUploadingUploadingDeletingplaceholderUpload*
TAG POS=2 TYPE=DIV ATTR=TXT:UploadUploadingUploadingUploadingDeletingplaceholderUpload*
TAG POS=1 TYPE=SPAN ATTR=ID:save-and-continue-upload-art
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:CHECKBOX FORM=ID:form-main-1 ATTR=NAME:data[draft][colors][heather_grey]-check CONTENT=YES
TAB T=4
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:CHECKBOX FORM=ID:form-main-1 ATTR=NAME:data[draft][colors][heather_blue]-check CONTENT=YES
TAB T=5
TAG POS=1 TYPE=DIV ATTR=ID:imacros-highlight-div
TAB T=6
TAB T=7
TAG POS=1 TYPE=DIV ATTR=TXT:Unsaved<SP>ChangesYou're<SP>about<SP>to<SP>leave<SP>with*
TAB T=8
TAB T=9
TAB T=10
TAG POS=1 TYPE=DIV ATTR=TXT:Pick<SP>up<SP>to<SP>5<SP>t-shirt<SP>colorsDark<SP>heather*
TAG POS=1 TYPE=SPAN ATTR=ID:gear-checkbox-orange
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:CHECKBOX FORM=ID:form-main-1 ATTR=NAME:data[draft][colors][orange]-check CONTENT=YES

The colored lines are the same button and the red is when it changes. I've looked at the wiki for wildcards but it's impossible for me to understand.

Has anyone got a solution for this?

1. What version of iMacros are you using?
VERSION BUILD=9030808

2. What operating system are you using? (please also specify language)
Windows 10 English

3. Which browser(s) are you using? (include version numbers)
Firefox 54.0

Thanks
chivracq

Re: Button keeps changing on different webpages

Post by chivracq » Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:32 am

dondada7 wrote:I am trying to automate the uploading process of a popular print on demand website. I can't provide URL's as it requires an account to login that requires approval by the website.

The script stops every now and then at the same spot so I recorded through 10 tabs and found the button changes. The error is Error code: -921 and it says button cannot be found.

Code: Select all

TAB T=1
[color=#00BF00]TAG POS=1 TYPE=BUTTON FORM=ID:form-main-1 ATTR=ID:save-and-continue-upload-art-announce[/color]
TAB T=2
[color=#00BF00]TAG POS=1 TYPE=BUTTON FORM=ID:form-main-1 ATTR=ID:save-and-continue-upload-art-announce
[/color]TAG POS=1 TYPE=SPAN ATTR=ID:gear-checkbox-heather_grey
TAB T=3
TAG POS=7 TYPE=DIV ATTR=TXT:UploadUploadingUploadingUploadingDeletingplaceholderUpload*
TAG POS=2 TYPE=DIV ATTR=TXT:UploadUploadingUploadingUploadingDeletingplaceholderUpload*
[color=#FF0000]TAG POS=1 TYPE=SPAN ATTR=ID:save-and-continue-upload-art
TAB T=4
[color=#00BF00]TAG POS=1 TYPE=BUTTON FORM=ID:form-main-1 ATTR=ID:save-and-continue-upload-art-announce
[/color]TAG POS=1 TYPE=SPAN ATTR=ID:gear-checkbox-heather_blue
TAB T=5
TAB T=6
TAB T=7
TAG POS=1 TYPE=DIV ATTR=TXT:Unsaved<SP>ChangesYou're<SP>about<SP>to<SP>leave<SP>with*
TAB T=8
TAB T=9
TAB T=10
[/color]TAG POS=1 TYPE=DIV ATTR=TXT:Pick<SP>up<SP>to<SP>5<SP>t-shirt<SP>colorsDark<SP>heather*
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:CHECKBOX FORM=ID:form-main-1 ATTR=NAME:data[draft][colors][orange]-check CONTENT=YES
The colored lines are the same button and the red is when it changes. I've looked at the wiki for wildcards but it's impossible for me to understand.

VERSION BUILD=9030808

Windows 10 English

Firefox 54.0
Thanks
OK, FCI at the bottom, I prefer at the complete beginning, just saying..., and this "simplest" Format is usually good enough... :idea: :

iMacros for FF v9.0.3, FF v54.0, Win10_ENG.
But hum, before I go "digging" in your Case, stg is not "right"..., 'Upload' Functionality is not supported in v9.0.3 for FF anymore, afaik...!?
=> Are you sure you are "uploading" Files to a Site or are sure you are really using v9.0.3...? :?

Hum..., and "I can't provide URL's as it requires an account to login that requires approval by the website." is a bit of a fake "Excuse"..., don't worry, you can provide the URL, I will get "Approval" if I want, ah-ah...! :wink:
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
dondada7

Post by dondada7 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:50 am

chivracq wrote:
dondada7 wrote:I am trying to automate the uploading process of a popular print on demand website. I can't provide URL's as it requires an account to login that requires approval by the website.

TAB T=1
[color=#00BF00]TAG POS=1 TYPE=BUTTON FORM=ID:form-main-1 ATTR=ID:save-and-continue-upload-art-announce[/color]
TAB T=2
TAB T=3
[color=#FF0000]TAG POS=1 TYPE=SPAN ATTR=ID:save-and-continue-upload-art
TAB T=4
TAB T=5
TAB T=6
TAB T=7
TAB T=8
TAB T=9
TAB T=10
[/color]TAG POS=1 TYPE=DIV ATTR=TXT:Pick<SP>up<SP>to<SP>5<SP>t-shirt<SP>colorsDark<SP>heather*

VERSION BUILD=9030808

Windows 10 English

Firefox 54.0
Thanks
OK, FCI at the bottom, I prefer at the complete beginning, just saying..., and this "simplest" Format is usually good enough... :idea: :

iMacros for FF v9.0.3, FF v54.0, Win10_ENG.
But hum, before I go "digging" in your Case, stg is not "right"..., 'Upload' Functionality is not supported in v9.0.3 for FF anymore, afaik...!?
=> Are you sure you are "uploading" Files to a Site or are sure you are really using v9.0.3...? :?

Hum..., and "I can't provide URL's as it requires an account to login that requires approval by the website." is a bit of a fake "Excuse"..., don't worry, you can provide the URL, I will get "Approval" if I want, ah-ah...! :wink:
Hi thanks for taking a look at my question.

I upload the files manually, it is the process after that I am trying to automate. It is seperated into steps on different pages with a submit button. The submit button on the first page sometimes stops the macro and gives an error. When I did a test recording I found that the button changed type or something.

The url is: https://merch.amazon.com/merch-tshirt/t ... upload_art

I'm going to try clicking x/y coordinates when i get in see if that works.
EDIT: Coordinates didn't really work sometimes it will click the button sometimes it wouldn't
Last edited by dondada7 on Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dondada7

Post by dondada7 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:51 am

And sorry not sure what you mean by stg is not right
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:27 pm

dondada7 wrote:Hi thanks for taking a look at my question.

I upload the files manually, it is the process after that I am trying to automate. It is seperated into steps on different pages with a submit button. The submit button on the first page sometimes stops the macro and gives an error. When I did a test recording I found that the button changed type or something.

The url is: https://merch.amazon.com/merch-tshirt/t ... upload_art

I'm going to try clicking x/y coordinates when i get in see if that works.
EDIT: Coordinates didn't really work sometimes it will click the button sometimes it wouldn't
OK..., ouf..., you don't need to quote yourself again, that makes the Thread unnecessarily heavy and less easy to follow...
(I do quote systematically, especially the Opening Post of a Thread as some Users tend to delete their Posts/Thread once they've got their Answer, or to constantly edit them as they "progress", which then render such Threads a bit useless for other Users searching the Forum with a similar Case/Qt...)

By "stg is not right" ("stg" = "something"), I meant the "incompatibility" between "uploading" and "using v9.0.3" as Upload is not supported anymore in v9.0.3 for FF, you would have to use v8.9.7 if you want to include that part in your Script. (v8.9.7 still works on FF54, and until FF v55.0.3 at least as well, I didn't have a chance to check on FF56 yet...)

But OK, I had a look at your Script and I understand the Red and Green Lines that can change... Well, simply include both Statements next to each other, with '!ERRORIGNORE' + a short '!TIMEOUT_STEP', then you know that either one or the other will click your Button...:

SET !ERRORIGNORE YES
SET !TIMEOUT_STEP 0
TAB T=1

'Colour: [blue/grey]
SET Colour "grey"

'Click on Button:
'>
'Button sometimes replaced by 'SPAN' Element:
'TAG POS=7 TYPE=DIV ATTR=TXT:UploadUploadingUploadingUploadingDeletingplaceholderUpload*
'TAG POS=2 TYPE=DIV ATTR=TXT:UploadUploadingUploadingUploadingDeletingplaceholderUpload*
TAG POS=1 TYPE=SPAN ATTR=ID:save-and-continue-upload-art
'>
'Blue/Grey...?:
TAG POS=1 TYPE=SPAN ATTR=ID:gear-checkbox-heather_{{Colour}}
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:CHECKBOX FORM=ID:form-main-1 ATTR=NAME:data[draft][colors][heather_{{Colour}}]-check CONTENT=YES
'>
I'm not sure if the 'Deletingplaceholder' Statements are needed or not...
And you seem to be using 2 Colours, [blue/grey], you can specify the Colour at the beginning of your Script with a Var...
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
dondada7

Post by dondada7 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:43 pm

So if this was to happen to one of the other submit products on the uploading pages all I need to do is:

SET !ERRORIGNORE YES
SET !TIMEOUT_STEP 0

button 1
button 2

I'm guessing the green text is just comments and doesn't effect the script?

Thanks anyway I just tested the script and works perfect, appreciate it.
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:53 pm

dondada7 wrote:So if this was to happen to one of the other submit products on the uploading pages all I need to do is:

SET !ERRORIGNORE YES
SET !TIMEOUT_STEP 0

button 1
button 2
I'm guessing the green text is just comments and doesn't effect the script?

Thanks anyway I just tested the script and works perfect, appreciate it.
OK, good to hear... :D

Yep, the "Green" Text is Comments... (Starting with an Single Quote to comment out the rest of a Line...)