iMacro - not working in Kiosk mode

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros for Chrome extension.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
Traviscon

iMacro - not working in Kiosk mode

Post by Traviscon » Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:16 pm

Hi all,

Seem to habe a little problem with iMacrosextension in Chrome.

I have a weblink that clicks a Login button. Oddly the button only seems to successfully click dependent upon the Chrome view.

Just to set the scene a bit. I'm using a HTML file that calls the iMacro I wish to run. I'm getting to a specific page and using the following command to click the button:

TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:SUBMIT FORM=NAME:login ATTR=*

What i'm not understanding is the success or failure of this button click.

If I have Chrome open in F11 (Full Screen) mode - the button click is successful.

If I have Chrome open normally or in Kiosk mode - it appears as though the button click is unsuccessful, it also shows the "blue square" that would normally appear around the button itself when being selected by iMacros, slightly out of line (it's slightly higher than the button on screen).

I have previously had this working, but over the past few days it has stopped. I need the Macro to operate in Kiosk mode.

I can't provide any details on the webpage as they'll be inaccessible (only accessible via a private VPN connection).

I hope i've provided enough details. If not let me know what would be needed.

Thanks,
Travis
chivracq

Re: iMacro - not working in Kiosk mode

Post by chivracq » Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:36 pm

Traviscon wrote:Hi all,

Seem to habe a little problem with iMacrosextension in Chrome.

I have a weblink that clicks a Login button. Oddly the button only seems to successfully click dependent upon the Chrome view.

Just to set the scene a bit. I'm using a HTML file that calls the iMacro I wish to run. I'm getting to a specific page and using the following command to click the button:

Code: Select all

TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:SUBMIT FORM=NAME:login ATTR=*
What i'm not understanding is the success or failure of this button click.

If I have Chrome open in F11 (Full Screen) mode - the button click is successful.

If I have Chrome open normally or in Kiosk mode - it appears as though the button click is unsuccessful, it also shows the "blue square" that would normally appear around the button itself when being selected by iMacros, slightly out of line (it's slightly higher than the button on screen).

I have previously had this working, but over the past few days it has stopped. I need the Macro to operate in Kiosk mode.

I can't provide any details on the webpage as they'll be inaccessible (only accessible via a private VPN connection).

I hope i've provided enough details. If not let me know what would be needed.

Thanks,
Travis
"I hope i've provided enough details."
=> Well..., nope...! => FCIM...! :mrgreen: (Read my Sig..., you need to mention all exact Versions about your FCI...)
=> iMacros for CR v8.4.4...?, CR61...?, OS...?

But hum, you keep talking a "Button" but your "Login" 'INPUT' Field is not a "Button"... :?

And tja..., if your Site is only accessible via some VPN, there is not much we can test to try to reproduce, try to reproduce your Pb using one of the iMacros Demos or some public Site...

If using v8.4.4 for CR, stg you can try is using the 'EVENT' Mode..., but hum, I think we had a Thread a while ago, maybe 1 year ago, about the 'EVENT' Mode "missing" some Actions with FF or CR (I'm not sure anymore) being minimized and/or using a VM (Virtual Machine), so I'm not sure that will work better but you can always try of course...
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...