Error Script

Discussions and Tech Support related to automating the iMacros Browser or Internet Explorer from any scripting and programming language, such as VBS (WSH), VBA, VB, Perl, Delphi, C# or C++.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
ImmortalBard

Error Script

Post by ImmortalBard » Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:15 pm

Hey guys, i need some help with my script... i'm using "Event" in the script... but a error occurs...

Syntax:
macro3 = macro3 & "EVENT TYPE=CLICK SELECTOR="noIes" BUTTON=0" & vbNewLine
chivracq

Re: Error Script

Post by chivracq » Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:22 pm

ImmortalBard wrote:Hey guys, i need some help with my script... i'm using "Event" in the script... but a error occurs...

Syntax:

Code: Select all

macro3 = macro3 & "EVENT TYPE=CLICK SELECTOR="noIes" BUTTON=0" & vbNewLine
Hum..., interesting "Concept" this "Error Script"..., I guess you must be happy then with "... [but] a[n] error occurs..." 8)
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
ImmortalBard

Post by ImmortalBard » Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:29 am

Do you have the solution, my dear?
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:46 am

ImmortalBard wrote:Do you have the solution, my dear?
Maybe, if you start by improving a huge bit the "Quality" of your Threads... :roll:
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
ImmortalBard

Post by ImmortalBard » Sun Oct 29, 2017 2:43 pm

Do you need any more information? Which are?
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:31 pm

ImmortalBard wrote:Do you need any more information? Which are?
Same Reply like I already gave you in Jan 2015, more than 2.5 years ago, Thread which is still waiting for some Follow-up from your Side btw...: :roll:
chivracq wrote:
ImmortalBard wrote:I wonder what good such a great forum if developers / programmers do not take the duty to either answer the questions.
It's mostly Users helping Users... Take once the time to read the Forum Rules (and my Sig) and you may get some (more) Replies... :idea:

Take example on this User posting today for the 1st time, he does it in the correct way, and he gets some Answer straight away...:
- Error 1300 can't find HTML BUTTON:SUBMIT
"Error Script" is a useless Thread Title as a start for this one, "Macro don't working" for your previous one as well, start using the Forum a bit correctly instead of still like a Newbie while you joined the Forum already nearly 5 years ago... And consider one day reading the Forum Rules as well for including Required Tech Info each time you open a Thread... :roll:
ImmortalBard

Post by ImmortalBard » Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:44 pm

I initially apologize for having failed to comply with certain rules. it's not my intention. The truth is that I am a dentist, endodontist, orthodontist and implantologist and I do not have time for programming, I do this to help a local team. Useless names are often related to not speaking English very well.

But I understand your concern for the forum. Anyway. Thanks.
iimfun

Post by iimfun » Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:29 am

Maybe the line with your EVENT command should be written like

macro3 = macro3 & "EVENT TYPE=CLICK SELECTOR=\"noIes\" BUTTON=0" & vbNewLine
or

macro3 = macro3 & 'EVENT TYPE=CLICK SELECTOR="noIes" BUTTON=0' & vbNewLine
So you have to care about escaping double quotes inside another pair of double quotes.
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:43 pm

ImmortalBard wrote:I initially apologize for having failed to comply with certain rules. it's not my intention. The truth is that I am a dentist, endodontist, orthodontist and implantologist and I do not have time for programming, I do this to help a local team. Useless names are often related to not speaking English very well.

But I understand your concern for the forum. Anyway. Thanks.
Yeah, it's "Rules" that are actually dictated by some mini-bit of "Evident Logical Thinking" and shouldn't be needed to be even mentioned...

If you apply the same "Parallel" to a Dentist, ah-ah...!, I understand that when a Patient comes to you and says "Pain!!, Tooth!!, arrgghhh!-aie-aie-ouiiiilllle....!", that without asking him any single Question, you simply go and happily 'EXTRACT' some absolutely Random Tooth...!! :shock:
Hum, and maybe 'EXTRACT' a 2nd Random Tooth on the other side of his mouth, to get double paid...!, and that will probably explain your "Choice" of a Random Sub-Forum each time you open a new Thread... (I wouldn't advise you to try to play Lottery, because you each time have it wrong...) 8)
Hum, this current Thread is actually in the correct Sub-Forum, as you are using a '.vbs' Script..., I actually never really read the Content, because of the useless Thread Title... OK, good, you finally won the Lottery then...! :wink:
OK, this Paragraph meant a bit a (sick!) "Joke", but..., well, I hope you provide a little bit better "Quality" in your own Job, because this is exactly the Quality you are providing and expecting on the Forum... (And you are the "Patient" here...! And we don't charge any Money for the "Cure"...!) :idea:
iimfun wrote:Maybe the line with your EVENT command should be written like

macro3 = macro3 & "EVENT TYPE=CLICK SELECTOR=\"noIes\" BUTTON=0" & vbNewLine
or

macro3 = macro3 & 'EVENT TYPE=CLICK SELECTOR="noIes" BUTTON=0' & vbNewLine
So you have to care about escaping double quotes inside another pair of double quotes.
Hum, looks like @OP got lucky, as @iimfun likes to answer Threads for Users that I deliberately refuse to (further) help because of their poor Use of the Forum..., but yep indeed, evident easy Solution that can be found in 1 sec by anybody using iMacros after 1 week, or searches the Forum for 3 min, ah-ah...! 8)

And hum, a 3rd (and the simplest btw) Solution is missing I see..., which consists of simply removing the Double Quotes for the 'SELECTOR', iMacros automatically adds them in Record Mode but they are not needed if there are no Spaces in the Selector Name... (And this also allows the Use of Wildcards then...):

macro3 = macro3 & "EVENT TYPE=CLICK SELECTOR=noIes BUTTON=0" & vbNewLine