Error Code -3 / how to increase iimPlay timeout?

Support for iMacros. The iMacros software is the unique solution for automating every activity inside a web browser, for data extraction and web testing.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
jonas

Error Code -3 / how to increase iimPlay timeout?

Post by jonas » Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:47 pm

Hi there,

I tried finding a solution in this forum but was not succesful.
I have created a macro which opens a URL that takes a long time to load. I have increased page load but the page itself sometimes takes longer than 600 seconds to load, so the macro itself takes way longer.
I could not figure how to increase the timeout of the iimPlay(). Do I do it within the macro? Or do I need a second macro to call the first macro with a timeout? I tried doing that but always got the following error:
Play result = -710 -> SyntaxError: can not parse macro line 3: iimPlay("C:\Folder\itshouldplaythismacrowithouttimeout.iim",15000);(-710)
But the macro itself consists of only one line:

Code: Select all

iimPlay("C:\Folder\itshouldplaythismacrowithouttimeout.iimm", 15000);
How would be the correct syntax to avoid the iimPlay timeout of 600s?

Thanks a lot for your help and kind regards,
Jonas
chivracq

Re: Error Code -3 / how to increase iimPlay timeout?

Post by chivracq » Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:45 pm

jonas wrote:Hi there,

I tried finding a solution in this forum but was not succesful.
I have created a macro which opens a URL that takes a long time to load. I have increased page load but the page itself sometimes takes longer than 600 seconds to load, so the macro itself takes way longer.
I could not figure how to increase the timeout of the iimPlay(). Do I do it within the macro? Or do I need a second macro to call the first macro with a timeout? I tried doing that but always got the following error:
Play result = -710 -> SyntaxError: can not parse macro line 3: iimPlay("C:\Folder\itshouldplaythismacrowithouttimeout.iim",15000);(-710)
But the macro itself consists of only one line:

iimPlay("C:\Folder\itshouldplaythismacrowithouttimeout.iimm", 15000);
How would be the correct syntax to avoid the iimPlay timeout of 600s?

Thanks a lot for your help and kind regards,
Jonas
CIM...! :mrgreen:
=> Your FCI (read my Sig...!) is completely unclear...! Well, you don't mention it at all anyway... :roll:
Your use of 'iimPlay()' would suggest you are using iMacros for FF (what Version...!?)..., but RuntimeError '-710' is specific to iMacros for CR... (=> what Version...!?) from which you cannot use 'iimplay()' or any 'iimXXX()' Command...! :?
Or are you using iMB (what Version again...!?) with the Scripting Interface...? => From which Programming Language...? :?

But anyway, 'iimPlay()' doesn't have any "external" Timeout Switch or Parameter, only 'iimOpen()' (to use with the Scripting Interface) indeed has a Timeout Parameter like you are trying to use...

But otherwise, I would think what you need is probably simply '!TIMEOUT_MACRO' inside your Macro... :idea:

But if you are trying to call a Macro from within another Macro, the 'iimPlay()' Command/Syntax is only supported (natively) on FF using iMacros for FF with a '.js' Script.
There is another Syntax with which you can call another Macro ('.iim' or '.js') from within an '.iim' Macro using the 'URL GOTO=imacros://run/?m=' Syntax (unsupported "Trick") but I think it is not supported on CR if you are indeed on CR, I think it only works on FF, at least until v8.9.7 for FF, I think it is not supported anymore on v9.0.3 for FF.
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
jonas

Post by jonas » Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:23 pm

Hello chivracq,

thanks for your reply. Sorry about that, I wasn't aware of the variety of options.... :roll:

I am using the iMacros Editor (VERSION BUILD=12.0.501.6698) for Windows 10. So I guess that's what you mean by iMB + Scripting interface? What do you mean by "From which Programming Language"? I recorded the steps (as they are rather simple) and have an iim-file that should either be executed in Chrome or some other way that the task could run on a regular basis automatically (but that's not the scope of this question :) )
So I run the .iim Macro within the Editor through the "Play"-function which correctly follows all the recorded steps but after 600 seconds, the macro itself times out with the mentioned error code.
I did set SET !ERRORIGNORE YES as well as SET !ERRORIGNORE YES and tried both, but nothing prevented the timeout from happening.

Thanks for your help and sorry for being such a newbie ;-) and thanks for your help
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:03 pm

jonas wrote:Hello chivracq,

thanks for your reply. Sorry about that, I wasn't aware of the variety of options.... :roll:

I am using the

iMacros Editor (VERSION BUILD=12.0.501.6698) for Windows 10.
So I guess that's what you mean by iMB + Scripting interface? What do you mean by "From which Programming Language"? I recorded the steps (as they are rather simple) and have an iim-file that should either be executed in Chrome or some other way that the task could run on a regular basis automatically (but that's not the scope of this question :) )
So I run the .iim Macro within the Editor through the "Play"-function which correctly follows all the recorded steps but after 600 seconds, the macro itself times out with the mentioned error code.
I did set SET !ERRORIGNORE YES as well as SET !ERRORIGNORE YES and tried both, but nothing prevented the timeout from happening.

Thanks for your help and sorry for being such a newbie ;-) and thanks for your help
OK, => FCI = iMB v12.0, Win10.
("iMB" = "iMacros Browser")

Hum, not sure what the Difference is between "SET !ERRORIGNORE YES" and "SET !ERRORIGNORE YES", they look the same to me, ah-ah...! :?
But hum, I do have several Macros that take longer than 600 Sec (=10 Min) to run, especially a few with a long 'WAIT', and I've never seen any Macro Timeout Error, but I guess all those "long" Macros of mine all use '!ERRORIGNORE=YES' indeed...

But again, I think what you need is to increase the '!TIMEOUT_MACRO' Value inside your Macro... :idea:
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
jonas

Post by jonas » Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:25 am

chivracq wrote:Hum, not sure what the Difference is between "SET !ERRORIGNORE YES" and "SET !ERRORIGNORE YES", they look the same to me, ah-ah...! :?
But hum, I do have several Macros that take longer than 600 Sec (=10 Min) to run, especially a few with a long 'WAIT', and I've never seen any Macro Timeout Error, but I guess all those "long" Macros of mine all use '!ERRORIGNORE=YES' indeed...
Sorry, copy+paste error. I meant I do have 'SET !ERRORIGNORE YES' set as well as 'SET !TIMEOUT_MACRO 1500' and additionally 'SET !TIMEOUT_PAGE 1500'. Does the location/order of those parameters play any role?
I did not insert a 'WAIT', the macro is only waiting on the page to fully load which can take more than ten minutes. I will try to set 'WAIT' manually as well (so that the wait might even be longer than the pageload takes), maybe that'll have any effect. I'll report here :)
jonas

Post by jonas » Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:40 am

jonas wrote:I did not insert a 'WAIT', the macro is only waiting on the page to fully load which can take more than ten minutes. I will try to set 'WAIT' manually as well (so that the wait might even be longer than the pageload takes), maybe that'll have any effect. I'll report here :)
I could not reproduce it for now but the pageload wait seems to be independent from the wait.
The macro waits until the pageload is finished and then executes the wait time directly afterwards. My macro still fails with the mentioned error code when it takes longer than 600s, despite the ERRORIGNORE and the TIMEOUT_MACRO. =/
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:28 am

jonas wrote:
chivracq wrote:Hum, not sure what the Difference is between "SET !ERRORIGNORE YES" and "SET !ERRORIGNORE YES", they look the same to me, ah-ah...! :?
Sorry, copy+paste error. I meant I do have 'SET !ERRORIGNORE YES' set as well as 'SET !TIMEOUT_MACRO 1500' and additionally 'SET !TIMEOUT_PAGE 1500'. Does the location/order of those parameters play any role?
I did not insert a 'WAIT', the macro is only waiting on the page to fully load which can take more than ten minutes. I will try to set 'WAIT' manually as well (so that the wait might even be longer than the pageload takes), maybe that'll have any effect. I'll report here :)
jonas wrote:
jonas wrote:I did not insert a 'WAIT', the macro is only waiting on the page to fully load which can take more than ten minutes. I will try to set 'WAIT' manually as well (so that the wait might even be longer than the pageload takes), maybe that'll have any effect. I'll report here :)
I could not reproduce it for now but the pageload wait seems to be independent from the wait.
The macro waits until the pageload is finished and then executes the wait time directly afterwards. My macro still fails with the mentioned error code when it takes longer than 600s, despite the ERRORIGNORE and the TIMEOUT_MACRO. =/
Yeah, don't worry, I understood about double '!ERRORIGNORE', but hum I thought you meant '=NO' as well, and no difference... But OK, so you tried '!TIMEOUT_MACRO'..., hum, it should make a difference I would think if you increase it...

But hum 10 Min for one single Page to load, euh..., I cannot believe it..., I have the worst Internet Connection in whole Europa, (surfing on some Neighbour/Friend Co. at 100m that I catch with some super-powerful Antenna...), and I have a few Scripts loading a few very-very heavy Pages, with up to 2000 Pictures on one Page, but even such a Page takes max 3 min to load when the Neighbour is heavily busy on Internet at that moment as well...
So I guess if your Page didn't load "correctly" after max 3 min, it will never finish to load..., then you can better set a "realistic" '!TIMEOUT_PAGE' Value for the max time you think your Page might take to load, or stg went wrong..., => try to extract some Element that would load on the Page as last, and upon found or not, fire a Conditional 'URL GOTO' to reload the Page (a Conditional 'REFRESH' is not possible in pure '.iim'), or a 'F5' or 'Ctrl^F5' using the 'EVENT' Mode, works as well conditionally... (But setting your '!TIMEOUT_PAGE' to the same very high Value like your '!TIMEOUT_MACRO' is a bit useless in my Opinion...)

But hum, I don't know how "precisely" you tested, but iMB v12.0 is a bit recent, got released about 2 hum maybe 3 months ago I think, what you want/need sounds a little bit "extreme", it could be a mini-bit Buggy, ah-ah.! (And I've never used iMB myself, I only use the Free FF Add-on...)
jonas

Post by jonas » Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:10 pm

It unfortunately did not make a difference. It also returned the error code -3

The page loads correctly and it's also correct that it takes some time. The page itself initiates API calls to ebay to update the price of hundreds of our ebay auctions. Afterwards, ebay returns the status code of each of these calls and then the pageload is finished. While testing, I received the status codes from ebay within the 10 minutes frame and everything worked correctly. But when it takes longer (e.g. more auctions to update) and the 10 minutes are exceeded, the macro times out with the error code -3.

I am using the latest version, at least that's what I downloaded ;-) But you are right, it could be buggy due to this extreme scenario. Maybe I'll check out some other options.
In case I do solve this issue with iMacro and/or find the bug, I'll post it here.

Thanks for your time & advice!