can you run 2 separate macros in 2 separate firefox........

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros Firefox add-on.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
fadedwaif

can you run 2 separate macros in 2 separate firefox........

Post by fadedwaif » Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:49 am

profiles from ONE command in a batch script

using firefox 50.1.0
imacros 8.9.7
w7 pro 64bit
firefox 50.1.0
imacros 8.9.7
w7 pro 64bit
chivracq

Re: can you run 2 separate macros in 2 separate firefox.....

Post by chivracq » Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:16 pm

fadedwaif wrote:profiles from ONE command in a batch script

using

Code: Select all

firefox 50.1.0
imacros 8.9.7
w7 pro 64bit
Oh..., good, you finally mention your OS as part of your FCI after half a dozen Threads already...! :roll:
And hum..., I asked you to mention your FCI in all your Threads, but you only did that in one..., but OK, I'll answer this current one...

Well, the Qt is not iMacros or even FF specific but more OS Windows 'cmd' Batch specific and there are better Forums for such Qt's and a quick Search on Internet quickly brings the Solution I would think: Use "&" between Commands:
- Multiple commands on a single line in a Windows batch file
- How to run two commands in one line in Windows CMD?
From some Example in the 2nd Link/Thread on SOF, you might need to escape (with "\") Backslashes and Double Quotes...
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
fadedwaif

Post by fadedwaif » Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:19 pm

okay, i'm just making sure it is possible but it seems to be...

i'll make my specs part of my signature.

looking into just running different tabs (not profiles) using javascript which is completely over my head but worth investigating as well.

thank you.
firefox 50.1.0
imacros 8.9.7
w7 pro 64bit
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:08 pm

fadedwaif wrote:okay, i'm just making sure it is possible but it seems to be...

i'll make my specs part of my signature.

looking into just running different tabs (not profiles) using javascript which is completely over my head but worth investigating as well.

thank you.
"Making sure it's possible", I don't know, I've never tried/needed that, and I think I know all Threads on the Forum related to 'Batch' Processing and '.BAT' Files and I don't think anybody had never asked/talked about that...
My first Reaction when reading your Post was "No, not possible I would think, 2 Macros in 2 Profiles require launching 2 '.EXE's in one Command, I don't think you can do that", but a little bit of Googling quickly brought some positive Answer...

Would be nice (and useful for the Forum) btw if you posted your working Command to answer your Qt and finish your Thread neatly with a working Example applied to iMacros... :idea:

>>>

Hum, FCI in Sig denotes from a good Intention but you only have one Dynamic Sig for the whole Forum, so it can only give an indication of your current FCI as it will change as soon as you update FF or iMacros and it actually can be quite confusing for sbd reading some older Thread of yours in a few weeks/months/years, so you still need to hard-code it in your OP when you open a Thread or post for the first time in some existing Thread...

>>>

You cannot run 2 different Macros in 2 different Tabs in the same FF Instance, a Macros can navigate between different Tabs but it's one Macro playing in one Browser Instance at the time, in the Tab that has the Focus... (... even if I recently found a Trick to let a Macro play in a Tab that has not the Focus, ah-ah...!)
If you want 2 Macros to run at the same time, you need 2 FF Instances in the same FF Profile (which sometimes brings some Drawbacks as they will both share some Vars), or have 2 FF Profiles.
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
marcwoolery

Post by marcwoolery » Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:04 pm

Interesting i cannot get my .BAT file to open more than one instance of Firefox - the iMacros keeps opening as a new tab in the same instance of FF... WHY ?
I found the syntax here in the forum. It seems inconsistent as I have seen the same .BAT file actually open separate windows to run the separate iMacro.

Each line is :
start "" firefox.exe imacros://run/?m=filname.iim
timeout 15

Cuz the /WAIT does nothing even though I have seen people comment that "it works perfectly !"

And I have tried to use -new-instance -new-window and just start Firefox.exe in front of the iMacro line.
ALso Have tried TAB OPEN in the iMACRO, and the iMACRO runs in the first tab in the string of tabs. So I end up with lots of blank tabs and one with an imacro. What exactly is TAB OPEN supposed to be used for if the iMACRO doesn't use it ??

THis is the main reason I have not purchased the software as it not clear if any of this headache will go away ?
amsyed3

Post by amsyed3 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:41 pm

Did you try : START firefox.exe -no-remote -P "1stProfiteName" & START firefox.exe -no-remote -P "2ndProfiteName"?