Error 921 Help Please

Support for iMacros. The iMacros software is the unique solution for automating every activity inside a web browser, for data extraction and web testing.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
wilsonovinsky

Error 921 Help Please

Post by wilsonovinsky » Sun Feb 28, 2016 6:05 pm

I am trying to access my VOIP system to do call forwarding, this is the error message I get. Can someone please help?

RuntimeError: element INPUT specified by ID:ring_external_34 was not found, line 10 (Error code: -921)

VERSION BUILD=8961227
RECORDER=FX
TAB
T=1
URL
GOTO=https://my.ooma.com/login
URL GOTO=www.ooma.com

TAG POS=1 TYPE=A ATTR=TXT:My<SP>Ooma

TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=ID:login_form ATTR=ID:phone CONTENT=XXXXXXXX
SET !ENCRYPTION NO

TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:PASSWORD FORM=ID:login_form ATTR=ID:password CONTENT=XXXXXX
TAG POS=1 TYPE=BUTTON FORM=ID:login_form ATTR=ID:login_button

TAG POS=1 TYPE=H1 ATTR=TXT:Dashboard

TAG POS=1 TYPE=A ATTR=TXT:Call<SP>Forwarding

TAG POS=1 TYPE=LABEL FORM=ID:preference_call_forwarding ATTR=TXT:Ring

TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:CHECKBOX FORM=ID:preference_call_forwarding ATTR=ID:ring_external_62 CONTENT=YES

TAG POS=1 TYPE=BUTTON ATTR=ID:call_forwarding_submit

TAG POS=1 TYPE=SPAN ATTR=ID:logout_username

TAG POS=1 TYPE=A ATTR=TXT:Logout
Last edited by wilsonovinsky on Sun Feb 28, 2016 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chivracq

Re: Error 921 Help Please

Post by chivracq » Sun Feb 28, 2016 6:50 pm

wilsonovinsky wrote:I am trying to access my VOIP system to do call forwarding, this is the error message I get. Can someone please help?

RuntimeError: element INPUT specified by ID:ring_external_34 was not found, line 10 (Error code: -921)

Code: Select all

VERSION BUILD=8961227 
RECORDER=FX
TAB 
T=1
URL 
URL GOTO=www.ooma.com

TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=ID:login_form ATTR=ID:phone CONTENT=8577280400
SET !ENCRYPTION NO

TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:PASSWORD FORM=ID:login_form ATTR=ID:password CONTENT=XXXXXX

TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:CHECKBOX FORM=ID:preference_call_forwarding ATTR=ID:ring_external_62 CONTENT=YES

Error 921 Help Please

Posted by wilsonovinsky on 28 Feb 2016, 19:13

Can someone please help? I am new to this forum. I am getting an error message when I try to access my VOIP site for call forwarding. I want to forward calls at a certain time of the day. I block the phone number and the password for security.

VERSION BUILD=8961227
RECORDER=FX
TAB
T=1
URL
URL GOTO=www.ooma.com

TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=ID:login_form ATTR=ID:phone CONTENT=XXXXXXXXX
SET !ENCRYPTION NO

Fouff..., sounds complicated to post a Question on a Technical Forum...! I had to disapprove your first Post which was posted in some existing Thread and had nothing related to it, and there is no need after that to open several Threads for the same Qt..., I've deleted your third Post = second Thread...

FCIM...! :mrgreen:
=> iMacros for FF v8.9.6, FF44...?, OS...? (Always mention your FCI when you open a Thread, read my Sig...)

Your Script has been a bit screwed up by some Copy&Paste I guess...

About your Question/Problem, you give the Answer yourself, you should notice that your RuntimeError is about "ID:ring_external_34" and some other Recording produced a different ID "ID:ring_external_62"...
That means that the ID is Dynamic and will change after each Reload f the Page. You then need to use a Wildcard to replace the changing part like this probably:

TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:CHECKBOX FORM=ID:preference_call_forwarding ATTR=ID:ring_external_* CONTENT=YES
You may have as well to adjust POS=1 to 2 / 3 / etc...

Other things that would work as well most probably are:
- Simply add '!ERRORIGNORE' to your Script.
- Comment out/remove the faulty Line.
Explanation: 2 Lines usually get automatically recorded when clicking on a Checkbox: One for the Label and one for the Checkbox, the Line for the Label usually selects the corresponding Checkbox automatically and is therefore most of the time not needed.
- Using the Full HTML Mode, identify some other Attribute than the ID which won't be changing.
- Use Relative Positioning (eventually together with a Wildcard).
- Deselected 'Favor ID's' in the Record Options.
- Use the EVENT Mode (without ID's).
- Use the X/Y CLICK Mode.
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
wilsonovinsky

Post by wilsonovinsky » Sun Feb 28, 2016 7:02 pm

Thank you so much for your response, but I am not a programmer. How do I add error ignore, where?
Last edited by wilsonovinsky on Sun Feb 28, 2016 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wilsonovinsky

Post by wilsonovinsky » Sun Feb 28, 2016 7:14 pm

You're awesome. It works perfect! Thank you very very much. I really appreciate it.
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Sun Feb 28, 2016 8:23 pm

wilsonovinsky wrote:Thank you so much for your response, but I am not a programmer. How do I add error ignore, where?
'!ERRORIGNORE' belonged to the "other things" I mentioned, the best and most useful Solution (for you for the future) is the first one I mentioned, using a Wildcard...

You don't need to be a Programmer to search the Forum and/or the Wiki (for Examples) on a Keyword or Command that I mention...
wilsonovinsky wrote:You're awesome. It works perfect! Thank you very very much. I really appreciate it.
OK, glad it works and Thanks for the Follow-up, but you didn't mention your FCI like I asked (next time you open a Thread and don't mention it, I won't even react...), you could have corrected the C&P glitches in the first Lines of your Original Script, and you could have mentioned from all possible/probable Solutions that I mentioned, which one you selected (and post your Final Working Script) if that could help other Users with a similar Case... But never mind... Good that your Script works now...
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
wilsonovinsky

Post by wilsonovinsky » Sun Feb 28, 2016 9:55 pm

I use the wildcard one, but now I have a different problem when I use the code on a different machine. Windows 7 Professional 64 bit, Imacros for Firefox v8.9.6, Firefox 44.0.2. The computer that I used before has the same FCI as that one.
RuntimeError: element LABEL specified by TXT:Ring was not found, line 10 (Error code: -921)

VERSION BUILD=8961227 RECORDER=FX
TAB T=1
URL GOTO=https://my.ooma.com/login
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=ID:login_form ATTR=ID:phone CONTENT=XXXXXXX
SET !ENCRYPTION NO
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:PASSWORD FORM=ID:login_form ATTR=ID:password CONTENT=XXXXXXXX
TAG POS=1 TYPE=A ATTR=TXT:Preferences
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:CHECKBOX FORM=ID:preference_call_forwarding ATTR=ID:ring_external_* CONTENT=YES
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:09 am

wilsonovinsky wrote:I use the wildcard one, but now I have a different problem when I use the code on a different machine.

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit, Imacros for Firefox  v8.9.6, Firefox 44.0.2. 
The computer that I used before has the same FCI as that one.

RuntimeError: element LABEL specified by TXT:Ring was not found, line 10 (Error code: -921)

VERSION BUILD=8961227 RECORDER=FX
TAB T=1
URL GOTO=https://my.ooma.com/login
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=ID:login_form ATTR=ID:phone CONTENT=XXXXXXX
SET !ENCRYPTION NO
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:PASSWORD FORM=ID:login_form ATTR=ID:password CONTENT=XXXXXXXX
TAG POS=1 TYPE=A ATTR=TXT:Preferences
OK, Thanks for FCI and your Final Script...

But, hum, the same Script should work on different Computers...

It looks more to me that 'Call forwarding' has been activated on one PC and the Page then changes once it's been activated... and the Text changes from "Ring" to stg else...

You can again activate '!ERRORIGNORE' and/or comment out the 'LABEL' Statement to see if that helps, as I said, iMacros records 2 Statements but they both do the same job...
And the 'FORM' Parameter can as well very probably be removed from both Statements, it is most of the time not needed...
Or try recording your Actions on that 2nd PC, to check that you get the same Code recorded...
wilsonovinsky

Post by wilsonovinsky » Mon Feb 29, 2016 1:13 am

The difference is not the computer like you said. The first time I hover the mouse over "Preferences", the second time I clicked on it. But it works when I hover the mouse over the button.
wilsonovinsky

Post by wilsonovinsky » Tue Dec 26, 2017 3:51 am

Hi, I am running Windows 7, IE 11.0.9600.17691, when I double click on the .iim file, I get "about:blank", I cannot run a .bat file. If I click on iMacros for IE shortcut, and I try to play it, then it works. What can I do?
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Tue Dec 26, 2017 4:22 am

wilsonovinsky wrote:Hi, I am running

Windows 7, 
IE 11.0.9600.17691
, when I double click on the .iim file, I get "about:blank", I cannot run a .bat file. If I click on iMacros for IE shortcut, and I try to play it, then it works. What can I do?
Hum..., willing to have a Look, but ouf-ouf...!, original Thread is from nearly 2 years ago, => "FCIM" for me to have a look (again)...

I hardly remember anything about it from a quick Look/Scan, I'll need to read the whole Thread again... (and "Error 921" was a pretty vague Thread Title, I don't know all (hum..., if any...!?) Error Codes from the back of my Head, ah-ah...! (And I'm 2 years later "completely allergic" to "Help Please" or "Urgent" etc... in Thread Titles, ah-ah...!, I usually ignore such Threads that do not have a Descriptive Title about their Content...)), starting by locating your original FCI that was not mentioned in your OP like it should have been... :roll: , I only see a v8.9.6 Version which is/was an iMacros for FF Version, and doesn't "rhyme" with your current IE11 Browser...
=> Most importantly, your (current) iMacros Version (for IE...?) is missing... :idea:
wilsonovinsky

Post by wilsonovinsky » Tue Dec 26, 2017 4:42 pm

Everything works, except that i Cannot play it from a batch file. Here is the build version that I am currently using: VERSION BUILD=12.0.501.6698, but the .iim file was recorded with VERSION BUILD=8970419 RECORDER=FX.
wilsonovinsky

Post by wilsonovinsky » Tue Dec 26, 2017 4:49 pm

Also, there is no more error 921, we solved that already. The only issue is just I cannot play the file without opening iMacros for IE first.
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:05 pm

wilsonovinsky wrote:Everything works, except that i Cannot play it from a batch file. Here is the build version that I am currently using: VERSION BUILD=12.0.501.6698, but the .iim file was recorded with VERSION BUILD=8970419 RECORDER=FX.
wilsonovinsky wrote:Also, there is no more error 921, we solved that already. The only issue is just I cannot play the file without opening iMacros for IE first.
Yeah well..., your new Issue Anno_2017(-12) has nothing to do with the original Thread from 2016-02 and is only "polluting" it...
=> You need to open a New Thread (in the "correct" Sub-Forum, and that will be the 'General' one) with ALL relevant Info, and a Descriptive Thread Title of course!, instead of posting in some existing Thread...

And when mentioning your FCI, it's the Environment you are running your Macro(s) from which is important, not the Version in which a Script was originally recorded/created...