Struggling with Shopify Backend

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros for Chrome extension.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
Xtrapsp

Struggling with Shopify Backend

Post by Xtrapsp » Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:34 pm

Hi guys,

Using iMacros to copy data from my distributor to my main store but having a few issues with this as it's not picking up the box for the description because it doesn't use form.

1. What version of iMacros are you using?
VERSION BUILD=1001 RECORDER=CR

2. What operating system are you using? (please also specify language)
Windows 10

3. Which browser(s) are you using? (include version numbers)
Google Chrome 63.0.3239.132 (Official Build) (64-bit) (cohort: Stable)

4. Do the included demo macros work ok?
Works fine, even copied part of it to reference

Question:

After reading the documentation, I've become a bit confused with how to handle this. I use shopify for my business and I've managed to make this copy the header into the right field but when copying into the description I'm really struggling.

Code: Select all

TAB T=1
TAG POS=1 TYPE=h1 ATTR=TXT:* EXTRACT=TXT
SET !VAR1 {{!EXTRACT}}
SET !EXTRACT NULL

TAB OPEN
TAB T=2
'Now fill them in a form. This is only one example. You could use it also as part of link  
URL GOTO=https://xxxxxxxxxx.myshopify.com/admin/products/new   
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=ID:create_new_product ATTR=NAME:product[title] CONTENT={{!VAR1}}
TAG POS=139 TYPE=DIV CONTENT={{!VAR1}}
I understand that my TAG POS is wrong, however this is the HTML for the description box area:

<div class="rte-sandbox" data-bind-class="{'is-focused': isFocused}" id="product-description_iframecontainer"><iframe id="product-description_ifr" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" title="Rich Text Area. Press ALT-F9 for menu. Press ALT-F10 for toolbar. Press ALT-0 for help" src='javascript:""' style="width: 100%; height: 150px; display: block;" data-gramm_id="ea300c4f-5fe5-90b8-155d-6300ff5ca545" data-gramm="true" gramm-ifr="true" spellcheck="false"></iframe><grammarly-btn><div class="_1BN1N Kzi1t _2DJZN" style="z-index: 2; transform: translate(600.328px, 227px);"><div class="_1HjH7"><div title="Protected by Grammarly" class="_3qe6h">&nbsp;</div></div></div></grammarly-btn></div>
See image attached for reference.

Any ideas on this would be amazing!
chivracq

Re: Struggling with Shopify Backend

Post by chivracq » Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:58 pm

Xtrapsp wrote:Hi guys,

Using iMacros to copy data from my distributor to my main store but having a few issues with this as it's not picking up the box for the description because it doesn't use form.

[b]1. What version of iMacros are you using?[/b]
VERSION BUILD=1001 RECORDER=CR

[b]2. What operating system are you using? (please also specify language)[/b]
Windows 10

[b]3. Which browser(s) are you using? (include version numbers)[/b]
Google Chrome	63.0.3239.132 (Official Build) (64-bit) (cohort: Stable)

[b]4. Do the included demo macros work ok? [/b]
Works fine, even copied part of it to reference
Question:

After reading the documentation, I've become a bit confused with how to handle this. I use shopify for my business and I've managed to make this copy the header into the right field but when copying into the description I'm really struggling.

TAB T=1
TAG POS=1 TYPE=h1 ATTR=TXT:* EXTRACT=TXT
SET !VAR1 {{!EXTRACT}}
SET !EXTRACT NULL

TAB OPEN
TAB T=2
'Now fill them in a form. This is only one example. You could use it also as part of link  
URL GOTO=https://xxxxxxxxxx.myshopify.com/admin/products/new   
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=ID:create_new_product ATTR=NAME:product[title] CONTENT={{!VAR1}}
TAG POS=139 TYPE=DIV CONTENT={{!VAR1}}
I understand that my TAG POS is wrong, however this is the HTML for the description box area:

<div class="rte-sandbox" data-bind-class="{'is-focused': isFocused}" id="product-description_iframecontainer"><iframe id="product-description_ifr" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" title="Rich Text Area. Press ALT-F9 for menu. Press ALT-F10 for toolbar. Press ALT-0 for help" src='javascript:""' style="width: 100%; height: 150px; display: block;" data-gramm_id="ea300c4f-5fe5-90b8-155d-6300ff5ca545" data-gramm="true" gramm-ifr="true" spellcheck="false"></iframe><grammarly-btn><div class="_1BN1N Kzi1t _2DJZN" style="z-index: 2; transform: translate(600.328px, 227px);"><div class="_1HjH7"><div title="Protected by Grammarly" class="_3qe6h">&nbsp;</div></div></div></grammarly-btn></div>
See image attached for reference.

Any ideas on this would be amazing!
You may use this simplified Format about your FCI:

iMacros for CR v10.0.1, CR63_x64, Win10[_x64].
"I understand that my TAG POS is wrong..."
=> Hum, 'POS=139' sounds a bit "dangerous" indeed to me, you would need to use some other Attribute(s) to lower the POS_Nb, and/or use Relative Positioning...

But hum, from a look at the Source Code you provided, your Input Field is located in an 'iframe', I would expect some "FRAME F=1" or "FRAME NAME="product-description_ifr" in your Script, the 'DIV' with 'POS=139' is probably the containing 'DIV' for the iFrame... I cannot see the HTML Structure of that iFrame but I suppose your Input Field in it will probably be of 'TYPE=TEXTAREA'...

You could try using the 'EVENT' mode as well, works usually fine with "tricky" Rich Text Edit/Input Fields that the 'TAG' Mode might have difficulties to handle correctly... :idea:

>>>

Hum, and mini-Detail, your Thread has nothing specific to iMacros for CR only, correct Sub-Forum to open your Thread would have been the 'General' one... (for next time..., no need to duplicate now...)
Last edited by chivracq on Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
Xtrapsp

Post by Xtrapsp » Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:02 pm

chivracq wrote:You may use this simplified Format about your FCI:

iMacros for CR v10.0.1, CR63_x64, Win10[_x64].
"I understand that my TAG POS is wrong..."
=> Hum, 'POS=139' sounds a bit "dangerous" indeed to me, you would need to use some other Attribute(s) to lower the POS_Nb, and/or use Relative Positioning...

But hum, from a look at the Source Code you provided, your Input Field is located in an 'iframe', I would expect some "FRAME F=1" or "FRAME NAME="product-description_ifr" in your Script, the 'DIV' with 'POS=139' is probably the containing 'DIV' for the iFrame... I cannot see the HTML Structure of that iFrame but I suppose your Input Field in it will probably be of 'TYPE=TEXTAREA'...

You could try using the 'EVENT' mode as well, works usually fine with "tricky" Rich Text Edit/Input Fields that the 'TAG' Mode might have difficulties to handle correctly... :idea:

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback, I had a look at 'EVENT' mode but after gathering the snippet to click into, I had no idea on how to then paste the variable I had recorded prior into it! I've been looking over the documentation but am a bit confused
Last edited by chivracq on Wed Feb 22, 2023 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Post simplified for Readability. (Unnecessary Level(s) of Quoting removed...)
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:13 pm

Xtrapsp wrote:Hi,

Thanks for the feedback, I had a look at 'EVENT' mode but after gathering the snippet to click into, I had no idea on how to then paste the variable I had recorded prior into it! I've been looking over the documentation but am a bit confused
Ouf-ouf...!, you don't need to quote yourself again, makes your Thread very difficult to follow... (I've edited your Post...)
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...