!WAITPAGECOMPLETE vs Wait Time

Discussions and Tech Support related to website data extraction, screen scraping and data mining using iMacros.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information:CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
esullivan

!WAITPAGECOMPLETE vs Wait Time

Post by esullivan » Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:22 pm

I have a relatively slow loading set of pages that I am using to scrape data. Initially I had problems with the script getting ahead of itself and causing problems by advancing too quickly. I initially tried the Wait feature and that helped a lot. I later tried the !WAITPAGECOMPLETE command thinking that it would be a more efficient way of handling slow loading pages. Unfortunately, it doesn't work as well as putting in somewhat arbitrary Wait commands. I would still get some advancement to the next page when the first page wasn't complete yet. Am I missing something with the WAITPAGECOMPLETE command or am I better off using the Wait command?
chivracq

Re: !WAITPAGECOMPLETE vs Wait Time

Post by chivracq » Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:36 pm

esullivan wrote:I have a relatively slow loading set of pages that I am using to scrape data. Initially I had problems with the script getting ahead of itself and causing problems by advancing too quickly. I initially tried the Wait feature and that helped a lot. I later tried the !WAITPAGECOMPLETE command thinking that it would be a more efficient way of handling slow loading pages. Unfortunately, it doesn't work as well as putting in somewhat arbitrary Wait commands. I would still get some advancement to the next page when the first page wasn't complete yet. Am I missing something with the WAITPAGECOMPLETE command or am I better off using the Wait command?
Duplicate:
- Best Practices - Wait Times
esullivan wrote:I have a relatively slow loading set of pages that I am using to scrape data. Initially I had problems with the script getting ahead of itself and causing problems by advancing too quickly. I initially tried the Wait feature and that helped a lot. I later tried the !WAITPAGECOMPLETE command thinking that it would be a more efficient way of handling slow loading pages. Unfortunately, it doesn't work as well as putting in somewhat arbitrary Wait commands. I would still get some advancement to the next page when the first page wasn't complete yet. Am I missing something with the WAITPAGECOMPLETE command or am I better off using the Wait command?
Opening a Duplicate Thread (1.5 years later...!) instead of following up on/bumping your original Thread is not the way to use the Forum "a bit correctly"...! :roll:
And you opened that Duplicate in the 'Consultants' Sub-Forum, which can be "Legit" if you are indeed looking for a Consultant, but that doesn't sound like that's the case from your OP which is simply an exact Copy&Paste from your original Thread..., and you don't mention any way to contact you... (PM is disabled on the Forum...)
=> Can you delete that "Duplicate" if it is indeed like I suspect just a "desperate" Duplicate opened in the wrong Sub-Forum...? (Or mention clearly that you are looking for a Consultant (for Fee) and a way to contact you...)
You can still delete any Post/Thread, as long as nobody posted after you, Reason I reply in this original Thread and not in the Duplicate...

:arrow: And maybe if you had mentioned your FCI (read my Sig...) in this current Thread (like you did correctly in all your other Threads where I posted some Reply), then I would have replied in this one as well..., and you would already have had your Answers 1.5 years ago, tja...! :roll:
=> CIM...! :mrgreen: (Read my Sig...!)
- (F)CIM = (Full) Config Info Missing: iMacros + Browser + OS with all 3 Versions...
- I usually don't even read the Question if that (required) Info is not mentioned...
- Script & URL usually help a lot for a more "educated" Help...
chivracq

Re: !WAITPAGECOMPLETE vs Wait Time

Post by chivracq » Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:05 am

+ Reply I just posted in the Duplicate Thread...:
chivracq wrote:Hum..., I see you keep checking the Forum regularly and checking this Thread, but you are checking the "wrong" Thread as this current one is a Duplicate (that will be deleted) and I never reply in Duplicates as you cannot delete your Post/Thread otherwise anymore...

Original Thread (from 1.5 years ago...!) where I replied earlier...:
- Re: !WAITPAGECOMPLETE vs Wait Time
(No need to reply in this one (as it will (probably) be deleted...), follow up in the original Thread... :wink: )
- (F)CIM = (Full) Config Info Missing: iMacros + Browser + OS with all 3 Versions...
- I usually don't even read the Question if that (required) Info is not mentioned...
- Script & URL usually help a lot for a more "educated" Help...