Problem with colon (:) character (Error code: -925)

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros Firefox add-on.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
as892

Problem with colon (:) character (Error code: -925)

Post by as892 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:46 am

Hello,
i use iMacros for Firefox 9.0.3

How do I solve the problem of entering a colon (:) character in the text area?

Code: Select all

TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=ACTION:https://website.com ATTR=ID:hour_minutes CONTENT=17:09
The problem is not permanent, but only once.

Thanks!
Last edited by as892 on Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
chivracq

Re: Problem with colon (:) character

Post by chivracq » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:45 am

as892 wrote:Hello,
i use

iMacros for Firefox 9.0.3
How do I solve the problem of entering a colon (:) character in the text area?

TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=ACTION:https://website.com ATTR=ID:hour_minutes CONTENT=17:09
The problem is not permanent, but only once.

Thanks!
FCIM...! :mrgreen: (Read my Sig...)
=> iMacros for FF v9.0.3, FF55/56...?, OS...?

And you don't mention in which other Browser(s) you've tested that the Pb is specific to FF...

Yeah, well, what is the Pb then...?
(And I don't understand the "not permanent, but only once" part...)

You don't mention the URL for your Site/Page, but this one works just fine for me...:

VERSION BUILD=8820413 RECORDER=FX
TAB T=1
'URL GOTO=https://forum.imacros.net/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=28471
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=ID:searchbox_* ATTR=NAME:q CONTENT=17:09
(Tested on iMacros for FF v8.8.2, Pale Moon v26.3.3 (=FF47), Win10_x64.)
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
as892

Post by as892 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:47 am

Firefox 51.0 (32-bit)
Windows 7

Only occasionally there is a problem with colon (:) character (Under the same other conditions).

What is "Pb"?

Your code does not work with me:

Wrong CONTENT specifier 17:09, line: 4 (Error code: -925) :(

identical error :wink:
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:46 am

as892 wrote:

Firefox 51.0 (32-bit)
Windows 7
Only occasionally there is a problem with colon (:) character (Under the same other conditions).

What is "Pb"?

Your code does not work with me:

Wrong CONTENT specifier 17:09, line: 4 (Error code: -925) :(

identical error :wink:
OK for FCI...
"Pb" = "Problem"

The mini-Script I posted is to be run on this very current Page (on the Forum), not on your Site...

The RuntimeError you mention is not for a "standard" 'INPUT:TEXT' like we have for the 'Search' Input Field on this Forum but for a SelectBox (DDLB), probably dynamically populated and/or with some Background JS Validation...

Not much I can do if I cannot have a look at the Site myself..., and your Script is apparently "correct" if it works "sometimes"..., especially if it works in other Browser, you didn't react to that part... :roll:
(Or did you select the 'iMacros for FF' Sub-Forum a bit "randomly"...!? Try to select the correct Sub-Forum when opening a Thread, and when in doubt, the 'General' one is always OK... The 'iMacros for FF' Sub-Forum is for Pb's/Threads specific to FF only, meaning that your Script works in other Browsers but fails on FF, or if you are using a '.js' Script, which is not your case...)

Things you can try...:
1- Add some mini-'WAIT' Statements before and after the "faulty" Statement...
2- Activate '!ERRORIGNORE', maybe the Field still gets filled in and the JS Validation doesn't abort the Script...
3- Try using the 'EVENT' Mode which is a bit "slower" than the 'TAG' Mode and might allow a bit more time for the JS Validation and "feels" more like human Typing, especially if the Validation is done Char by Char as the User is typing...
4- You can try inputting "1709" instead of "17:09" (=> without the Colon), maybe it gets automatically added by the Formatting/Validation on the Field...
5- If you look at the Source of the Page, there might be some "parallel" Hidden 'Input' Field that you could use instead...
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
as892

Re: Problem with colon (:) character (Error code: -925)

Post by as892 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:01 pm

I can not fix the problem. I just replaced Firefox with a Chrome.

Thanks for your time.
chivracq

Re: Problem with colon (:) character (Error code: -925)

Post by chivracq » Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:42 pm

as892 wrote:I can not fix the problem. I just replaced Firefox with a Chrome.

Thanks for your time.
Hum, OK, so replacing FF with CR solves your Pb, (you could have mentioned your FCI on CR then btw, I reckon iMacros for CR v10.0.1_Free + CR64/65), and using the same Script...! OK, that's usually the other way around, ah-ah...! :|

Hum, then your Pb was actually related to FF and you selected the correct Sub-Forum then in the end, ah-ah...! :wink:

But, OK, glad your Script is working now...! :D