add text from web page to a variable and convert it to int

Discussions and Tech Support related to website data extraction, screen scraping and data mining using iMacros.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
Ha3li

add text from web page to a variable and convert it to int

Post by Ha3li » Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:36 pm

Hello guys,
I want to add a text from a web page to a variable and convert it to integer value.
EX.
I have a web page and there is a text in that page like (Hello i am 20 years old.)
And this is the html code with class <b class="hello">Hello i am 20 years old.</b>
Now i want to take "20" to a variable and covert it to integer to add this number to another integer variable.
Any help?!!
chivracq

Re: add text from web page to a variable and convert it to i

Post by chivracq » Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:57 pm

Ha3li wrote:Hello guys,
I want to add a text from a web page to a variable and convert it to integer value.
EX.
I have a web page and there is a text in that page like (Hello i am 20 years old.)
And this is the html code with class <b class="hello">Hello i am 20 years old.</b>
Now i want to take "20" to a variable and covert it to integer to add this number to another integer variable.
Any help?!!
CIM...! :mrgreen: (Read my Sig...)

Well, use 'EXTRACT' to extract your Field and 'EVAL()' to isolate the "20" from the Extract and to do your Data Manipulation... :idea:
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
Ha3li

Post by Ha3li » Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:00 pm

chivracq wrote:
Ha3li wrote:Hello guys,
EX.
Any help?!!
CIM...! :mrgreen: (Read my Sig...)

Well, use 'EXTRACT' to extract your Field and 'EVAL()' to isolate the "20" from the Extract and to do your Data Manipulation... :idea:
Thanks, but what if "20" is dynamic not static (changes every time i refresh the page)
i.e. next time the text will be (Hello i am 23 years old.) and so on.
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:07 pm

Ha3li wrote:Thanks, but what if "20" is dynamic not static (changes every time i refresh the page)
i.e. next time the text will be (Hello i am 23 years old.) and so on.
You missed the "CIM" part... :roll:
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:33 pm

And..., any Follow-up/Progress...? :?:
... As I see that you are checking your Thread..., you don't need 3 days to mention 3 Versions I would think...!? :shock:
Ha3li

Post by Ha3li » Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:39 pm

chivracq wrote:And..., any Follow-up/Progress...? :?:
... As I see that you are checking your Thread..., you don't need 3 days to mention 3 Versions I would think...!? :shock:
Yup, i get it

Code: Select all

SET !EXTRACT_TEST_POPUP NO
TAG POS=1 TYPE=b ATTR=CLASS:hello EXTRACT=TXT

SET !VAR1 EVAL("var s=\"{{!EXTRACT}}\"; s.split(' ')[3];")
SET !VAR1 EVAL("parseInt({{!var1}})")
Thanks for u bro :D
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:56 pm

Ha3li wrote:
Yup, i get it

Yep..., very-very good...! That's one very good Solution... And Thanks for sharing... :D

You didn't mention your FCI like I asked you (x2), fair enough then..., but be aware that next time you'll open a Thread, I won't even react if you don't include that Required Info in your OP, just saying... :idea:

EDIT: Hum..., and that's exactly what I mean, applied to your 2nd Thread that you just opened... :roll:

But hum..., we are not going to be "Friends" I'm afraid..., and I wouldn't answer that 2nd Thread anyway as I only help Users using the Forum "a bit correctly"..., which starts by opening your Threads in the correct Sub-Forum...! Your 2nd Thread has nothing to do with 'Data Extraction'...., grr...!
Correct Sub-Forum is the 'General' one... (You can still delete that Thread (as long as nobody posts in it after you) and open it in the correct Sub-Forum...)
+ I don't answer Threads either with ugly Typos / Spelling Mistakes in the Thread Title... :idea:
Last edited by chivracq on Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ha3li

Post by Ha3li » Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:03 pm

chivracq wrote:
Ha3li wrote:
Yup, i get it

Yep..., very-very good...! That's one very good Solution... And Thanks for sharing... :D

You didn't mention your FCI like I asked you (x2), fair enough then..., but be aware that next time you'll open a Thread, I won't even react if you don't include that Required Info in your OP, just saying... :idea:
I am so sorry, but i am a new user here and i don't know what do you mean about these sentences
CIM...! (Read my Sig...)
You missed the "CIM" part...
You didn't mention your FCI
i am sorry again :( :(
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:15 pm

Ha3li wrote:I am so sorry, but i am a new user here and i don't know what do you mean about these sentences
CIM...! (Read my Sig...)
Yeah, well, "Read my Sig..." means "Read my Signature..." which explains completely "CIM"/"FCIM"/"FCI"...
Or you can read the Forum Rules like you should have done..., for Required Info to include in your OP when you start a Thread...

And hum, I edited my previous Reply in the time that you were posting your new Reply... (concerning your 2nd Thread...)
Ha3li

Post by Ha3li » Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:47 pm

chivracq wrote:
Ha3li wrote:I am so sorry, but i am a new user here and i don't know what do you mean about these sentences
CIM...! (Read my Sig...)
Yeah, well, "Read my Sig..." means "Read my Signature..." which explains completely "CIM"/"FCIM"/"FCI"...
Or you can read the Forum Rules like you should have done..., for Required Info to include in your OP when you start a Thread...

And hum, I edited my previous Reply in the time that you were posting your new Reply... (concerning your 2nd Thread...)
Now i know what do you mean about CIM.
I deleted my 2nd thread.
I respect that "we are not going to be "Friends" I'm afraid".
Finally i have not a lot of English, because i am a middle eastern (Egyptian) .. "I don't answer Threads either with ugly Typos / Spelling Mistakes in the Thread Title".
Thanks a lot.