iMacros keeps crashing / not performing steps

Discussions and Tech Support related to website data extraction, screen scraping and data mining using iMacros.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
tfod

iMacros keeps crashing / not performing steps

Post by tfod » Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:52 am

iMacros Version: v12.0.501.6698
Windows Version: 10
Browser: iMacros Browser & IE v11.334.16299.0
Website: LinkedIn.com - Specifically Company Pages I.E: https://www.linkedin.com/company/verizon
Script:

Code: Select all

TAB T=1     
TAB CLOSEALLOTHERS  
' Specify input file (if !COL variables are used, IIM automatically assume a CSV format of the input file
'CSV = Comma Separated Values in each line of the file
SET !DATASOURCE D:\*********\input.csv
'Start at line 2 to skip the header in the file
SET !LOOP 78
'Increase the current position in the file with each loop 
SET !DATASOURCE_LINE {{!LOOP}}
SET !TIMEOUT_PAGE 15
SET !TIMEOUT_STEP 15
SET !ERRORIGNORE Yes
' Fill web form   
'SET !PLAYBACKDELAY 0.00 
URL GOTO=https://www.google.com.au/search?ei=j7-1WseaJsH18QWekaywCg&q=a&oq=a&gs_l=psy-ab.3..0i13k1l10.465.1069.0.1291.2.2.0.0.0.0.229.229.2-1.1.0....0...1.1.64.psy-ab..1.1.227....0.CUOUQ7bRfCI
WAIT SECONDS=5
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT ATTR=NAME:q CONTENT={{!COL1}}<SP>Linkedin
TAG POS=1 TYPE=BUTTON:SUBMIT ATTR=NAME:btnG
WAIT SECONDS=5
TAG POS=1 TYPE=CITE ATTR=TXT:* EXTRACT=TXT
URL GOTO={{!EXTRACT}}
SET !EXTRACT NULL
SET !TIMEOUT_STEP 15
TAG POS=1 TYPE=H2 ATTR=TXT:About<SP>us
SET !TIMEOUT_STEP 6
ADD !EXTRACT {{!COL1}}
TAG POS=1 TYPE=H1 ATTR=CLASS:org-top-card-module__name<SP>Sans-26px-black-85%-light EXTRACT=TXT
TAG POS=1 TYPE=P ATTR=CLASS:org-about-company-module__company-staff-count-range<SP>Sans-15px-black-70%<SP>mb3 EXTRACT=TXT
TAG POS=1 TYPE=SPAN ATTR=CLASS:company-industries<SP>org-top-card-module__dot-separated-list EXTRACT=TXT
TAG POS=1 TYPE=SPAN ATTR=CLASS:org-top-card-module__location<SP>org-top-card-module__dot-separated-list EXTRACT=TXT
ADD !EXTRACT {{!URLCURRENT}}
SAVEAS TYPE=EXTRACT FOLDER=* FILE=*
I have an input list of which I'm trying to match against LinkedIn details. The script it self works perfectly. However after a nominal amount of loops (some times 10 sometimes 100) one of the following will happen:

- iMacros will keep steping through commands however it doesn't seem to pass them onto the browser
- IE / Macros will crash

I'd obviously prefer to run this in Chrome / FF but I don't believe I can use the EXTRACT or SAVEAS command without purchasing the full license. Any ideas of work arounds I need to go through over 3000 inputs and it's killing me to have to continiously have to check on it?
chivracq

Re: iMacros keeps crashing / not performing steps

Post by chivracq » Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:42 pm

tfod wrote:

iMacros Version: v12.0.501.6698
Windows Version: 10
Browser: iMacros Browser & IE v11.334.16299.0
Website: LinkedIn.com - Specifically Company Pages I.E: https://www.linkedin.com/company/verizon

Script:

TAB T=1     
TAB CLOSEALLOTHERS  
' Specify input file (if !COL variables are used, IIM automatically assume a CSV format of the input file
'CSV = Comma Separated Values in each line of the file
SET !DATASOURCE D:\*********\input.csv
'Start at line 2 to skip the header in the file
SET !LOOP 78
'Increase the current position in the file with each loop 
SET !DATASOURCE_LINE {{!LOOP}}
SET !TIMEOUT_PAGE 15
SET !TIMEOUT_STEP 15
SET !ERRORIGNORE Yes
' Fill web form   
'SET !PLAYBACKDELAY 0.00 
URL GOTO=https://www.google.com.au/search?ei=j7-1WseaJsH18QWekaywCg&q=a&oq=a&gs_l=psy-ab.3..0i13k1l10.465.1069.0.1291.2.2.0.0.0.0.229.229.2-1.1.0....0...1.1.64.psy-ab..1.1.227....0.CUOUQ7bRfCI
WAIT SECONDS=5
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT ATTR=NAME:q CONTENT={{!COL1}}<SP>Linkedin
TAG POS=1 TYPE=BUTTON:SUBMIT ATTR=NAME:btnG
WAIT SECONDS=5
TAG POS=1 TYPE=CITE ATTR=TXT:* EXTRACT=TXT
URL GOTO={{!EXTRACT}}
SET !EXTRACT NULL
SET !TIMEOUT_STEP 15
TAG POS=1 TYPE=H2 ATTR=TXT:About<SP>us
SET !TIMEOUT_STEP 6
ADD !EXTRACT {{!COL1}}
TAG POS=1 TYPE=H1 ATTR=CLASS:org-top-card-module__name<SP>Sans-26px-black-85%-light EXTRACT=TXT
TAG POS=1 TYPE=P ATTR=CLASS:org-about-company-module__company-staff-count-range<SP>Sans-15px-black-70%<SP>mb3 EXTRACT=TXT
TAG POS=1 TYPE=SPAN ATTR=CLASS:company-industries<SP>org-top-card-module__dot-separated-list EXTRACT=TXT
TAG POS=1 TYPE=SPAN ATTR=CLASS:org-top-card-module__location<SP>org-top-card-module__dot-separated-list EXTRACT=TXT
ADD !EXTRACT {{!URLCURRENT}}
SAVEAS TYPE=EXTRACT FOLDER=* FILE=*
I have an input list of which I'm trying to match against LinkedIn details. The script it self works perfectly. However after a nominal amount of loops (some times 10 sometimes 100) one of the following will happen:

- iMacros will keep steping through commands however it doesn't seem to pass them onto the browser
- IE / Macros will crash

I'd obviously prefer to run this in Chrome / FF but I don't believe I can use the EXTRACT or SAVEAS command without purchasing the full license. Any ideas of work arounds I need to go through over 3000 inputs and it's killing me to have to continiously have to check on it?
Hum..., your Case sounds similar to this recent one from a few weeks ago...:
- IMacro Crashing After 10-30 Loops "Out of memory at line 1"

"- iMacros will keep step[p]ing through commands however it doesn't seem to pass them onto the browser"
=> That can be caused by the '!ERRORIGNORE' if for any reason, the 'Google' or 'LinkedIn' Page(s) from your 2 'URL GOTO' Statements didn't get correctly loaded...

- Concerning CR and FF, the 'EXTRACT' Mechanism is supported by all "Flavours" of iMacros for all 4 Browsers (iMB + IE + FF + CR), Free and Commercial Editions.

The only "supplementary" "rich" Feature that is only supported by iMB is the Extract Wizard while with iMacros for IE/FF/CR, you need to manually add some "EXTRACT=TXT" to each 'TAG' Statement you want to extract. No big deal..., and you already have your Script anyway, so you've already gone through the "Process" of identifying and selecting the Fields you want to extract.

- Concerning the 'SAVEAS' Mechanism, it is also supported for all 4 Browsers, except indeed for the latest Version of iMacros for CR v10.0.1 Free for which the FIO (File I/O) Functionality needed for File Access is disabled in the Free Add-on now, and you need the 'PE' (Personal Edition) for the FIO Functionality needed for 'SAVEAS' (and '!DATASOURCE') to get enabled/supported.

The (still...?) Free Add-on for FF has no Limitation (yet...?), but the last 2 Versions (v8.9.7 (recommended) and v9.0.3) only work until FF56, and do not work anymore on FF57(+).
Recommended Env. on FF: iMacros for FF v8.9.7, FF v55.0.3. (FCI I use myself... (on Win10_x64).)
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...