Possible to clean extracted text before saving it to .csv?

Discussions and Tech Support related to website data extraction, screen scraping and data mining using iMacros.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information:CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
Sander

Possible to clean extracted text before saving it to .csv?

Post by Sander » Sat May 19, 2018 11:08 pm

Looking for a way to clean extracted text from spaces and line feeds..

Any tips and trick? Thanks!
chivracq

Re: Possible to clean extracted text before saving it to .cs

Post by chivracq » Sat May 19, 2018 11:21 pm

Sander wrote:Looking for a way to clean extracted text from spaces and line feeds..

Any tips and trick? Thanks!
CIM...! :mrgreen: (Read my Sig...)

But to answer your Qt... => Yep of course, using 'EVAL()' and all the "Standard" JavaScript Commands for String Manipulation..., which will probably be 'replace()' in your case..., + maybe 'trim()' as well depending on your FCI as I think that 'trim()' only works on FF...

Tips:
- Read the Forum Rules when you join a (Technical) Forum... (for Required Tech Info to include in your Post...)
- Search the Forum for Examples, there are probably more than 100 Code Examples with 'replace()'...
Your Thread Title is actually perfect and contains all the Keywords you could/should have used to search the Forum and you would have found dozens of similar Threads about exactly what you want... :idea:

Tricks:
- Well I have already mentioned 'trim()'...
- And I might have a few other "Tricks" once you'll have mentioned your FCI and tried to find a Solution a bit by yourself already...
- (F)CIM = (Full) Config Info Missing: iMacros + Browser + OS with all 3 Versions...
- I usually don't even read the Question if that (required) Info is not mentioned...
- Script & URL usually help a lot for a more "educated" Help...