give control to mouse for captcha solving?

Support for iMacros. The iMacros software is the unique solution for automating every activity inside a web browser, for data extraction and web testing.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
cherylhamm

give control to mouse for captcha solving?

Post by cherylhamm » Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:40 pm

I have been round and round and this reCaptcha is going to push me over the edge. Love iMacros!

We are using iMacros for IE because of other constraints in our iMacros code around printing, etc.

I want to be able to have iMacros give control to the user when a reCaptcha comes up so it can be "humanly decoded". We figure this would be a better way than having to send it off to a service, since that solution seems to be causing many headaches to folks as well.

BUT, when the reCaptcha pops up, the mouse is NOT able to get control. I've tried numerous "solutions". I suspect it's a "special" kind of pop up?

Any help/guidance would be appreciated. Pulling documents is our primary use of iMacros and now 60%+ of the sites we use regularly are requiring Captcha solving. Don't mind paying someone to sit and solve all day, but can't seem to get it to work.

Thank you in advance,
Cheryl
chivracq

Re: give control to mouse for captcha solving?

Post by chivracq » Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:31 pm

cherylhamm wrote:I have been round and round and this reCaptcha is going to push me over the edge. Love iMacros!

We are using iMacros for IE because of other constraints in our iMacros code around printing, etc.

I want to be able to have iMacros give control to the user when a reCaptcha comes up so it can be "humanly decoded". We figure this would be a better way than having to send it off to a service, since that solution seems to be causing many headaches to folks as well.

BUT, when the reCaptcha pops up, the mouse is NOT able to get control. I've tried numerous "solutions". I suspect it's a "special" kind of pop up?

Any help/guidance would be appreciated. Pulling documents is our primary use of iMacros and now 60%+ of the sites we use regularly are requiring Captcha solving. Don't mind paying someone to sit and solve all day, but can't seem to get it to work.

Thank you in advance,
Cheryl
Hum..., "funny" to see that you joined the Forum 3 years ago already, but never needed to post until today, ah-ah...! :wink:

But..., hum...!, you should have had the time to read the Forum Rules, I would think, then...! :shock:
=> I see some "iMacros for IE" mentioned somewhere in your Post, but that's not "good enough" for me to answer your Thread, ah-ah...!
Even if I read your Post, thing I usually don't even do when FCI is not mentioned, oops...!
=> FCIM...! :mrgreen: (Read my Sig...)

(And I think I would have a Solution for you if I understood your Qt/Pb correctly, if that can motivate you to mention 3 Versions about your FCI, ah-ah...! :wink: And that Solution has already been posted actually, you could/should be able to find it yourself, I would think, if you searched the Forum a bit... But you would need to "approach" your Pb a little bit differently than you did, your "I've tried numerous "solutions"." is a bit vague, sorry...!, it would still be "useful" if you could mention which "numerous Solutions" you've considered/tried btw...?, but for "my" Solution that I have in mind, so you would need to use different Keywords to find that Solution/Thread indeed... :idea: )
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Sun Jun 03, 2018 4:24 pm

Hum..., I was checking your Thread 2 days later hoping you would have followed up a little bit, but nope...! :(
I guess a sunny WE keeps People away from the Forum, ah-ah...! Hum..., unless mentioning 3 Versions about your Env. proved to be a little bit too complicated, dunno... :shock:

But OK, here is a bit more Info, after re-reading your OP with a little bit more attention than my first quick Reading because of FCI not mentioned...
And yep, the Solution I had/have in mind should be OK in your Case, I would think... 8)

The "Principle" would be to trigger an (Automatic) Conditional 'PROMPT' / 'WAIT' / 'PAUSE' when a Captcha comes up... 8)

1- Depending a little bit "how" you run your Script, meaning if the "Human" Captcha Solver is watching the Script to pause it when needed, and depending a bit on the "Frequency" of the Captchas, or if the Script/IE Instance runs minimized or in the Background while the User might be doing "other things" meanwhile, the 'PROMPT' might be the most effective Solution because of its "Visual" Effect with blinking etc...

But a Conditional 'PROMPT' can be a bit tricky to achieve, as it behaves differently and needs to be implemented differently in all 3 or 4 Browsers supported by iMacros, because of some Bugs, broken Functionality/Syntax/Tricks in different Browsers/Versions... And again 3 days ago with the Release of v10.0.2b Beta for FF...! :roll: => Chances are that depending on which iMacros Version you are, when updating to some later Version, or updating IE, that it will get broken and you'll have to redo that part with some other Workaround...

2- Second Option would be a Conditional 'WAIT', of say 10 sec or 1 min, to allow the User to manually pause the Script in that time, if of course the User is watching what the Script is doing and is always ready to intervene...!
A Conditional 'SOUND' could maybe be coupled as well, to give the User some Audio Alert that they need to check the Script if they are doing "stg else" at that moment, and that they then have 10 sec or 1 min to take Action...!

3- And the third Option, my "Favorite" I think, even if it is the absolute only "Winner" that qualifies for a "this is not really useful" in the Wiki, ah-ah...! :shock: ), would be a Conditional 'PAUSE'.
More Info in the following Thread for example, where some "exemplary" User managed to find it as well and to implement it very correctly, just from searching the Forum a little bit and reading a few of my Answers, ah-ah...! :idea:
- [Question] Set imacros to pause when ever a error occur
And that Conditional 'PAUSE' can also be combined with the same Conditional 'SOUND' like in Option_2, of course...

OK, see if you get the "Principle' and manage to implement it for your Needs... :wink:

>>>

But hum-hum-hum... :oops: , having "seconds Thoughts" from trying to put your "give control to mouse" + "I suspect it's a "special" kind of pop up?" into a "concrete" Understanding of your Pb as your overall OP was a bit vague to be honest without any Script or URL posted and not (really) describing the Behaviour that happens (nor mentioning which "numerous Solutions" you considered/tried, like I already said), and if your Pb is about stopping/pausing the Macro or even once the Macro is paused, if the Mouse is not able to interact with some Popups..., but hum-hum..., if you meant the 2nd Case, then yep, I think I know what "it is" as well, and you'll be indeed hitting "stg else", ah-ah...! :twisted:

But pfff...!, if that's the Case, try to be a bit more APAP and give more Details, it's always a bit difficult to try to help sbd / solve a Pb with so many "if-if-if" Assumptions..., I won't start to explain how to solve that "Part" if that's (again...?) a wrong Assumption... :idea:
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
cherylhamm

Post by cherylhamm » Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:29 pm

Yikes, that's a lot of Acronyms! Yes, I did see about the versions. Not sure whether I should post the version of the mail iMacros or the satelite ones (readers).

looks like my main version is 11.5.498.2403 ? and the reader is "iMacros Sidebar for Internet Explorer (x64) Version 11.5.499.3066"

Because it's a major cog in our business, I'm a bit concerned about updating to "the latest" version.

I'll chew on your response(s), try them out and report back. Thank you!
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:15 pm

cherylhamm wrote:Yikes, that's a lot of Acronyms! Yes, I did see about the versions. Not sure whether I should post the version of the mail iMacros or the satelite ones (readers).

looks like my main version is 11.5.498.2403 ? and the reader is "iMacros Sidebar for Internet Explorer (x64) Version 11.5.499.3066"

Because it's a major cog in our business, I'm a bit concerned about updating to "the latest" version.

I'll chew on your response(s), try them out and report back. Thank you!
Well, the Version in which the Macro is being replayed is the important one, not the one in which the Macro was created...
But OK, they are both at the same Version Level: iMB v11.5 + iMacros for IE v11.5.
IE Version is still missing though, => IE11 I reckon, and OS as well..., but OK never mind, and if you have several Users, they might have different IE Versions and different OS'es...

But v11.5 is fine, I'm not asking you to update to some later Version...

And OK, good luck for the "chewing part"...! :wink:
cherylhamm

Post by cherylhamm » Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:36 pm

UPDATE: I was able to get something working. A "WAIT" doesn't give the ability to Pause the iMacros. I was able to use a "PROMPT". which give me the control to pause the iMacros after entering something to rid the modal box, I can quickly hit the pause button.

For now, that might work for us, although a bit kludgey.

I am calling iMacros from a program, so perhaps that is why I can't get control on a "WAIT"??

Thanks for the info.
Cheryl

PS. I never did find out what "Qt/Pb" meant in the reply
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:18 pm

cherylhamm wrote:UPDATE: I was able to get something working. A "WAIT" doesn't give the ability to Pause the iMacros. I was able to use a "PROMPT". which give me the control to pause the iMacros after entering something to rid the modal box, I can quickly hit the pause button.

For now, that might work for us, although a bit kludgey.

I am calling iMacros from a program, so perhaps that is why I can't get control on a "WAIT"??

Thanks for the info.
Cheryl

PS. I never did find out what "Qt/Pb" meant in the reply
Qt/Pb = Question/Problem

Hum, OK for the Update, but all 3 Options that I mentioned need to be "Conditional" (hum, unless you know you always get the Captcha), I guess you don't want to hard-code a 'WAIT' or the User will always have to wait that amount of time before the Script will continue...
And you need to search the Forum on "Conditional" + one of the 3 other Terms corresponding to each Option (oh and "Sound" as well if you want a Conditional 'SOUND' combined with the Option you'll have chosen), on my Posts actually, I've already posted a Solution for all 3 Options and I think there were already a few Links in the Thread I referred you to...

And "I am calling iMacros from a program" is vague again if you don't mention from which "Program" (and don't post any Script)... :roll: , ah..., so that means you are running iMacros from the Scripting Interface, OK..., but nope, that shouldn't play a Role on a 'WAIT' Statement..., and that gives you the Possibility to implement the "Conditional" part from your "Program" instead of from 'EVAL()' like I do for all Solutions/Scripts I've posted as I do all my Scripting in pure '.iim' without using any '.js' Script or any other Prog-Language...
And as you don't post any Script, I can't see what you did and how you coded/implemented anything and if you implemented "a bit correctly" any of the Options I mentioned... But OK, you sound already a little "settled", at least for now... 8)
thecoder2012

Post by thecoder2012 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:17 pm

cherylhamm wrote:I want to be able to have iMacros give control to the user when a reCaptcha comes up so it can be "humanly decoded". We figure this would be a better way than having to send it off to a service, since that solution seems to be causing many headaches to folks as well.
Use the recaptcha sitekey as solver with your own environment (or captcha service) and you can save time without all recaptcha (crazy) popups in your browser.
cherylhamm wrote:BUT, when the reCaptcha pops up, the mouse is NOT able to get control. I've tried numerous "solutions". I suspect it's a "special" kind of pop up?
Try your developer console in your IE (or Edge) and you can figure it out. :wink:
cherylhamm wrote:Any help/guidance would be appreciated.
Developer with enough knowledge (and time) is helpful for you, really.
cherylhamm wrote:I am calling iMacros from a program, so perhaps that is why I can't get control on a "WAIT"??
You can control all things in your computer with enough knowledge and rights. But in this case is your test/example required.
Join 9kw.eu Captcha Service now and let your iMacros continue downloads and scripts while you sleep. - Custom iMacros? Contact me! :idea:
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:59 am

thecoder2012 wrote:
cherylhamm wrote:I want to be able to have iMacros give control to the user when a reCaptcha comes up so it can be "humanly decoded". We figure this would be a better way than having to send it off to a service, since that solution seems to be causing many headaches to folks as well.
Use the recaptcha sitekey as solver with your own environment (or captcha service) and you can save time without all recaptcha (crazy) popups in your browser.
cherylhamm wrote:BUT, when the reCaptcha pops up, the mouse is NOT able to get control. I've tried numerous "solutions". I suspect it's a "special" kind of pop up?
Try your developer console in your IE (or Edge) and you can figure it out. :wink:
cherylhamm wrote:Any help/guidance would be appreciated.
Developer with enough knowledge (and time) is helpful for you, really.
cherylhamm wrote:I am calling iMacros from a program, so perhaps that is why I can't get control on a "WAIT"??
You can control all things in your computer with enough knowledge and rights. But in this case is your test/example required.
Yep of course...! :roll: , @thecoder2012 is one of those Captcha Solving Services Providers (9kw), with probably 200 "Slaves" in some Asian Country working for U$2 per day solving 1000s of Captchas per day..., I actually quite like @OP's Approach (=> @cherylhamm) to pay ONE Employee (in their local Country) some decent Salary to do the same Job...! :D

(But from all Captcha Solving Providers, @thecoder2012 is the only one active on the Forum, providing (Advanced) iMacros Support for his Scripts/Site, and helping as well other Users on the Forum, even for Threads not related to Captcha... 8) )