Access old iMacros in new beta

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros Firefox add-on.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
radioactiveman

Access old iMacros in new beta

Post by radioactiveman » Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:16 am

I would like to include old iMacros from the version before Firefox 56 in the new Beta. How do I do it? Where do I find the Macros folder now?

I gave the registry the three folder names with my existing macros, but it won't load from there.
chivracq

Re: Access old iMacros in new beta

Post by chivracq » Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:34 am

radioactiveman wrote:I would like to include old iMacros from the version before Firefox 56 in the new Beta. How do I do it? Where do I find the Macros folder now?

I gave the registry the three folder names with my existing macros, but it won't load from there.
Hum..., the "new Beta" is a bit vague...!
=> FCIM...! :mrgreen: (Read my Sig...)

+ Did you install the 'FIO' Module...? What Build...?

All Instructions in the 'iMacros v10.0.2 Beta for FF' Thread...

And you don't need to go and change anything in the Registry, but from the 'iMacros Options' Page where you can modify the 3 Paths, once the 'FIO' has been installed... It's a bit Buggy like I've reported in this Post, but you can still get it to work...

Hum..., "Registry", at least you are on Windows...! (Because the 'FIO' only supports Windows OS at the moment...)
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
radioactiveman

Post by radioactiveman » Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:19 am

oh, thanks for the quick reply and help!

I installed the file access additionally (v 10.0.2), but it does not appear to work appropriately. It just does not change anything, when I click on the Files tab in the Firefox/iMacros-AddOn-Window, it keeps saying "File access is not available in the freeware version." and by clicking on Settings no entry in the folder location is possible
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:42 am

radioactiveman wrote:oh, thanks for the quick reply and help!

I installed the file access additionally (v 10.0.2), but it does not appear to work appropriately. It just does not change anything, when I click on the Files tab in the Firefox/iMacros-AddOn-Window, it keeps saying "File access is not available in the freeware version." and by clicking on Settings no entry in the folder location is possible
Yeah, but "FCIM" again...! :mrgreen:
Is it so complicated to mention 3 Versions...?, well 4 with the 'FIO'... :roll:
"Everything" related to v10 Beta for FF is "v10.0.2", you need to mention which exact Build(s) you are using, we've already had about 10 different Builds for iMacros and the FIO...
=> Current Build for FIO is B_1434, can be downloaded with a direct Link from this Post...

And even if you had downloaded it already previously, you can download it again, as the File behind the Link has changed several times even if it (not very handily...!) always mentions only "v10.0.2.exe", the Build Nr is only "visible" after you've downloaded the File.
(And the last Build Nr is supposed to be B_1435 according to TechSup, but the one from the Download Link is B_1434... :? )

Same for the Add-on..., which Build are you using...!? (Mentioned on the 'Options' Page...)
=> Current Build is B_1440.

And when installing the FIO, you need to uncheck some 'Register your License Key' Option or stg like that on the last Screen of the Setup...
Then it works... (It works for me...!)
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
radioactiveman

Post by radioactiveman » Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:55 am

extension build is b-10.0.2a1396
FIO add-on build is...I simply do not know. because I just have the install window and after that finished, it did not change anything / is not accessible. downloaded it one hour ago - sorry

anyway: Did I understand it correctly that after beta status the file section will be charged anyway? and the bookmark does not? what is the difference between those from a technical perspective? I already started to record new macros and copy/paste the most frequent used old ones into new and saved them as bookmark. Annoying but at least it works
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:20 pm

radioactiveman wrote:extension build is b-10.0.2a1396
FIO add-on build is...I simply do not know. because I just have the install window and after that finished, it did not change anything / is not accessible. downloaded it one hour ago - sorry
Ah OK, still can't count until 3 or 4 :shock: , (FF Version and OS are still missing...), but at least we have the iMacros Build Nr...! :D

But B_1396 was the very first Build from when the Beta Testing began, about 6 weeks ago, we are now 5 or 6 Builds further...!
=> From the Download Link you had received per E-mail for B_1396, you need to change the "1396" to "1440" in that Link to download Build B_1440, or much easier is simply from the 'Options' Page or from the 'Add-on Manager' Page to click on the 'Check for Update' Link to update to the latest/current Build.

And if you downloaded the 'FIO' only 1 hour ago, then it will be B_1434, that's the "good" one... :D
(Not complicated to check the Build Nr btw, in Windows Explorer with a Mouse-Over on the '.EXE' or Right Click + Properties...)
But OK, "that's the good Build Nr for FIO", but it is meant for iMacros B_1440, not for B_1396, you need to synch those 2.
radioactiveman wrote:anyway: Did I understand it correctly that after beta status the file section will be charged anyway? and the bookmark does not? what is the difference between those from a technical perspective? I already started to record new macros and copy/paste the most frequent used old ones into new and saved them as bookmark. Annoying but at least it works
Yep FIO will only be available in the 'PE' Version ('Personal Edition'), from what I understood, following the same Licensing Model like v10 for CR I reckon...
I('ve) never use(d) Bookmarks, so for the "rest", I don't know...
radioactiveman

Post by radioactiveman » Fri Jul 06, 2018 1:01 pm

yes, that was the problem. I assumed by clicking on the link it would install the latest version - not the first :? now I updated it to 1440 and the files tab is working. it found my former folders right away. just to mention it: Firefox version 61.0.1

I will find out about the bookmark purpose somewhere in a genaral description, I guess I will have to look it up. As I am not a professional user, this area looks quite sufficient to me. Although I expect the iMacro then to be stored somewhere in the cloud :cry:
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Fri Jul 06, 2018 1:11 pm

radioactiveman wrote:yes, that was the problem. I assumed by clicking on the link it would install the latest version - not the first :? now I updated it to 1440 and the files tab is working. it found my former folders right away. just to mention it: Firefox version 61.0.1
Ah...!!, good to hear then...! :D
And we even have your FF Version, wonderful...!

Yep, I've already "complained" a bit about the Beta Update Process not being completely "straightforward", they (TechSup) expect Users to keep Auto-Updates for iMacros ON..., and I'm not sure if you register "now" if you still get only the Link to the first Build from 6 weeks ago... (that is then once installed supposed to auto-update to the latest/current Build), or if you each time get the Link for the current/latest Build in the Mail...

But OK, iMacros B_1440 + FIO B_1434 do work together, good...! :D
radioactiveman wrote:I will find out about the bookmark purpose somewhere in a genaral description, I guess I will have to look it up. As I am not a professional user, this area looks quite sufficient to me. Although I expect the iMacro then to be stored somewhere in the cloud :cry:
Nope..., nothing stored "in the Cloud", iMacros stores everything ('.iim' Files and Bookmarks) locally on your PC... 8)
radioactiveman

Post by radioactiveman » Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:06 pm

well, with your help I solved it. But it should not have come so far: I did not know about the Beta until my Firefox 54 (not updated just to be able to run iMacros) installed a new iMacros version this morning :shock:
good news: 1) surprise, they have done it! 2) auto-update worked there
bad news: 1) no imacro-files anymore 2) no need to run old FF with new iMacros

So I made sure the imacros folders were backuped same as Firefox profile and I updated Firefox Quantum. I read about the Beta section, gave my credentials and received an e-Mail right away. Clicked on the download link, that's how I got the six-weeks old version... and auto-update was ON, but after insatlling the Add-On and several restarts of both Firefox and Windows it did not apply. Until you asked me and I manually asked the server.