use data extracted by imacros

Discussions and Tech Support related to website data extraction, screen scraping and data mining using iMacros.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
RomaneRomy

use data extracted by imacros

Post by RomaneRomy » Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:44 am

iMacros v12 enterprise edition
windows 10

Good morning,
I extracted data from websites thanks to imacros,
I want to work on the data I extracted, however it seems to be a encoding problem on the files I created with those extractions...
I try to find a way to create a file that extract the exact thing I want to extract, without changing the file after extraction.
Is that possible ? Because I'm writting a batch script to compare the extracted values...
Best regards,
chivracq

Re: use data extracted by imacros

Post by chivracq » Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:23 am

RomaneRomy wrote:

Code: Select all

iMacros v12 enterprise edition
windows 10
Good morning,
I extracted data from websites thanks to imacros,
I want to work on the data I extracted, however it seems to be a encoding problem on the files I created with those extractions...
I try to find a way to create a file that extract the exact thing I want to extract, without changing the file after extraction.
Is that possible ? Because I'm writting a batch script to compare the extracted values...
Best regards,
Hum..., I don't really understand the Qt... :?
=> "I want to work on the data" is a bit vague... + "create a file that extract the exact thing I want to extract" is a bit vague as well, that Process happens at the Extract Phase [+ Data Manipulation on the Content of '!EXTRACT' (Optional)] + 'SAVEAS', and iMacros creates 'UTF8-BOM' "Text" Files (as '.CSV' or '.TXT' or whatever Extension you want)..., that you can afterwards open/edit with any Text Editor ('Notepad' for example on Win-OS) or for '.CSV' Files with any Spreadsheet Editor you'll have associated with the '.CSV' Extension, usually 'MS Excel' or 'OpenOffice' / 'LibreOffice' where you can control from that Application the '.CSV' Import Process.

In some rare Cases, some Accentuated Characters (French/German for example) or "Special" Chars (Russian/Chinese for example) can sometimes end up a bit garbled in the Browser already and/or in the 'SAVEAS', Process that can be controlled from the Character Encoding selected for the Browser..., iMB is built/forked on IE, I guess you can specify the Char Encoding in that Browser like in IE... (I've never used iMB...)

Some Difference between different Browsers is that iMB and iMacros for IE save the Data without Double Quotes while iMacros for FF saves the Data enclosed in Double Quotes... (At least until v9.0.3, some User reported that v10.0.2 (Beta) for FF was now saving without Double Quotes...)

Oh...!, and for iMB + IE, iMacros (can) use(s) your OS Regional Settings to set the Data Separator (usually a Comma (,)) to use in the 'SAVEAS' while iMacros for FF has a special Built-in Var ('!DATASOURCE_DELIMITER' (yeah, the Name is a bit "confusing"...)) to control that Setting... 8)

Post some mini-Script demonstrating your Pb (on some public Site or using/reusing one of the Demo-Macros) and upload your 'SAVEAS' to your Thread (zipped) and give more Details to understand/reproduce your Pb... :idea:
Hum..., and post your Batch File as well maybe, your whole "Process"/Scenario is a bit unclear...
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...