How do you create a repeating macro on multiple URLs?

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros for Chrome extension.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
corey377

How do you create a repeating macro on multiple URLs?

Post by corey377 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:17 pm

Hi Everyone, I'm new to using Imacros and can do pretty simple things (basically record haha), but there is something that I want to make that I can't seem to figure out and haven't been able to find instructions.

Basically I want to perform an action on website using Imacros for chrome, and I want to repeat that action on multiple URLs. I want to be able to input the urls.

I used excel to basically write the lines for me (then I'd just copy and paste a really long code thats basically the same thing over and over again but with different urls) but I'm sure there's a more efficient way to do this.

Can someone help me?

In short I want to be able:
1. List 15 urls
2. Repeat the same actions but on each url. So it does it on url one, then repeats on two, then on three, etc.

Also I'd prefer not to have to use a csv file if possible. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

I'm using IMacros for Chrome on Windows 10. Using the paid version. :)
Last edited by corey377 on Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
chivracq

Re: Help creating what should be a simple Macro

Post by chivracq » Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:36 pm

corey377 wrote:Hi Everyone, I'm new to using Imacros and can do pretty simple things (basically record haha), but there is something that I want to make that I can't seem to figure out and haven't been able to find instructions.

Basically I want to perform an action on website using Imacros for chrome, and I want to repeat that action on multiple URLs. I want to be able to input the urls.

I used excel to basically write the lines for me (then I'd just copy and paste a really long code thats basically the same thing over and over again but with different urls) but I'm sure there's a more efficient way to do this.

Can someone help me?

1. List 15 urls
2. Repeat the same actions but on each url. So it does it on url one, then repeats on two, then on three, etc.

Also I'd prefer not to have to use a csv file if possible. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
Grrr...!, Thread approved because "No Spam", but...:
1- Try to select the correct Sub-Forum when you open a Thread, your Thread (from its Title) has probably nothing specific to the 'iMacros for CR' Sub-Forum... :roll:
(But no need to duplicate now...)
2- Thread Title is useless, give a Descriptive Title to your Thread..., if you already know it's "simple", then you don't need any Help from the Forum...! :roll:
3- FCIM...! :mrgreen: (Read my Sig...)

(And I'll read your Post once you'll have corrected Items '2-' and '3-'... (+ Mention 'Free' or 'PE' if using v10.0.2 for CR...) :idea: )
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
corey377

Re: Help creating what should be a simple Macro

Post by corey377 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:12 am

chivracq wrote:
corey377 wrote:Hi Everyone, I'm new to using Imacros and can do pretty simple things (basically record haha), but there is something that I want to make that I can't seem to figure out and haven't been able to find instructions.

Can someone help me?

1. List 15 urls

Grrr...!, Thread approved because "No Spam", but...:
1- Try to select the correct Sub-Forum when you open a Thread, your Thread (from its Title) has probably nothing specific to the 'iMacros for CR' Sub-Forum... :roll:
(But no need to duplicate now...)
2- Thread Title is useless, give a Descriptive Title to your Thread..., if you already know it's "simple", then you don't need any Help from the Forum...! :roll:
3- FCIM...! :mrgreen: (Read my Sig...)

(And I'll read your Post once you'll have corrected Items '2-' and '3-'... (+ Mention 'Free' or 'PE' if using v10.0.2 for CR...) :idea: )
Thanks Chivracq, I've made the changes and will note to pay attention in future posts. Can you let me know also what the correct subform would be so I can make sure to do that one in the future?
chivracq

Re: How do you create a repeating macro on multiple URLs?

Post by chivracq » Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:30 am

corey377 wrote:I'm using

Code: Select all

IMacros for Chrome on Windows 10. Using the paid version.
:)
OK..., Thread Title = Perfect... :D

FCI, hum..., not much more complete than previously...
=> iMacros for CR v10.0.2 'PE', CR67...?, Win10.

But OK, good enough..., I guess I can read...

OK, yep, what you want is the "Principle" demonstrated in the 'Loop-Csv-2-Web.iim' Demo-Macro..., but it uses a '.CSV' File as DataSource, that's a bit the Principle of iMacros... But it can be a '.TXT' File or whatever File Extension you want to give it... Where do you want to "have" your 15 URL's otherwise...? (Copying them in block onto your OS Clipboard to reuse in your Script doesn't work on CR... Limitation...)
Maybe the Workaround mentioned in this Post...?:
- Tips for using iMacros for Chrome freeware

But if you have the 'PE' Version (paid 'Personal Edition' Version), you can use the FIO Module for File Access, and using a '.CSV' is much more straightforward and easier than the cumbersome Workaround described in that Post which is actually meant for Users who only have the Free Version and can't use Local Files...
Hum, or you can store them in some GoogleDoc as well, that's an Idea...
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
ing32

Re: How do you create a repeating macro on multiple URLs?

Post by ing32 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 4:37 pm

Sir, I use an addon who opens pop-up as new tab, then I use something like this code:

If this helps you.

Code: Select all

(*your code*)
TAB T=1