Save page as PDF

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros for Chrome extension.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
Tom4Tom

Save page as PDF

Post by Tom4Tom » Fri Jul 27, 2018 4:34 pm

I am new to iMacros and Im trying to figure out how to save a page as a PDF.
Im on Windows 10
iMacros V12.0.501.6698
and I use primarily Chrome

I am writing scripts that automate data entry to web pages, and Id like to keep a record of each filled out page by saving the page to a pdf after the data is entered. Is there a way to do this?

Thanks so much!
chivracq

Re: Save page as PDF

Post by chivracq » Fri Jul 27, 2018 5:35 pm

Tom4Tom wrote:I am new to iMacros and Im trying to figure out how to save a page as a PDF.

Code: Select all

Im on Windows 10
iMacros V12.0.501.6698
and I use primarily Chrome
I am writing scripts that automate data entry to web pages, and Id like to keep a record of each filled out page by saving the page to a pdf after the data is entered. Is there a way to do this?

Thanks so much!
Euh, save as '.PDF', nope, I don't think that's possible, iMacros can only automate "things" that the Browser (or the OS) can do "natively", unless you can find some Add-on for CR that can do that, but iMacros usually has "Difficulties" integrating/interacting with other Add-ons, maybe unless that Format can be set as "Default" for the Browser...

But if you save your Page as '.htm' or '.mht'/'.cpl', you can maybe/probably find a '.pdf' Viewer that could open and convert those Files to '.pdf', and maybe from a '.BAT' File if you want to convert several Files...

Still using the 'SAVEAS' Command, you can save Pages as Screenshot Images in '.BMP'/'.PNG'/'.JPEG' Format ("FCIM" btw concerning CR, read my Sig...), not all Formats are supported for all Browsers / iMacros Versions.
Same thing using the 'SCREENSHOT' Command which can save the (full/visible) Page/Window in '.png' (+ maybe some other Formats, I'm not sure...).
And for both you can probably still convert those Screenshots to '.pdf' if you prefer that Format...
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...