!Extract

Discussions and Tech Support related to website data extraction, screen scraping and data mining using iMacros.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
mastikhor.maddy

!Extract

Post by mastikhor.maddy » Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:46 pm

So far i have made this

SET !EXTRACT_TEST_POPUP NO
SET !ERRORIGNORE YES
TAG POS=1 TYPE=BUTTON ATTR=TXT:Cancel<SP>this<SP>order
SET !ERRORIGNORE NO
SET !TIMEOUT_STEP 1
SET !TIMEOUT_PAGE 400
TAG POS=11 TYPE=TD ATTR=TD: EXTRACT=TXT
TAG POS=1 TYPE=BUTTON ATTR=TXT:Place<SP>buy<SP>order
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:NUMBER ATTR=ID:Amount CONTENT=1
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:NUMBER ATTR=ID:Price CONTENT="this is where i want the extracted value to be entered with +0.01"

so what i want to achieve is input the extracted txt from POS 11 and input it in the POS=1 ATTR=ID:Price but with addition of 0.01, so for example if the extracted txt is 70 then i want it to input 70.01
can this be done ?
i'm very new to this sort of things, it took me 2 hrs to make what i posted above but i cant seem to figure out the final bit
Last edited by mastikhor.maddy on Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
chivracq

Re: Extract txt and re enter in content with calculation

Post by chivracq » Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:05 pm

mastikhor.maddy wrote:So far i have made this

Code: Select all

SET !ERRORIGNORE YES
SET !ERRORIGNORE NO
SET !TIMEOUT_STEP 1
SET !TIMEOUT_PAGE 400
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:NUMBER ATTR=ID:Price CONTENT="this is where i want the extracted value to be entered with +0.01"
so what i want to achieve is input the extracted txt from POS 11 and input it in the POS=1 ATTR=ID:Price but with addition of 0.01, so for example if the extracted txt is 70 then i want it to input 70.01
can this be done ?
i'm very new to this sort of things, it took me 2 hrs to make what i posted above but i cant seem to figure out the final bit
CIM...! :mrgreen: (Mention your FCI for me to have a look, read my Sig...)
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
mastikhor.maddy

Post by mastikhor.maddy » Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:56 am

chivracq wrote: CIM...! :mrgreen: (Mention your FCI for me to have a look, read my Sig...)
VERSION BUILD=1003 RECORDER=CR
Using iMacros for chrome with windows 10
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Tue Jul 31, 2018 4:27 pm

mastikhor.maddy wrote:
chivracq wrote: CIM...! :mrgreen: (Mention your FCI for me to have a look, read my Sig...)
Euh...!?, v10.0.3 for CR...!?, I don't know this Version...!? :?
I didn't see any News Announcement nor Blog Post about a new Version for CR, nor is it mentioned in the Version History for CR Wiki Page... :?
Hum..., you seem to be right, from the Google Store Page for iMacros..., released yesterday indeed..., "a bit silently" looks like...!

OK, good, we have your iMacros Version, but your CR Version is still not mentioned... :roll:
Is is "so complicated" to count until 3...!? :shock:
And for v10.0.x for CR/FF, you need to mention as well if you are using the 'Free' or the 'PE' Version ('Personal Edition')...

But OK, never mind, shouldn't play a Role anyway from reading your OP and looking at your Script... 8)

Yeah well, to add your "0.01" to your extracted "70", you can either use 'ADD' or 'EVAL()'.
'ADD' tries to automatically detect and handle your Vars as Numbers or Strings but it can sometimes "go wrong", for example if your Extract contains some extra Spaces or Soft Returns, then your "70" would be treated as a String and you would then be forced to use 'EVAL()' anyway..., unless your extracted Number is always a "full" Integer, then it could still work with 'ADD' and 2 Strings in your case, but if your Extract could be Decimal, then you might end up with for example: 69.8 + 0.01 = "69.80.01" instead of your expected "69.81".
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
mastikhor.maddy

Post by mastikhor.maddy » Sun Aug 05, 2018 11:19 am

chivracq wrote:
mastikhor.maddy wrote:
Euh...!?, v10.0.3 for CR...!?, I don't know this Version...!? :?
I didn't see any News Announcement nor Blog Post about a new Version for CR, nor is it mentioned in the Version History for CR Wiki Page... :?
Hum..., you seem to be right, from the Google Store Page for iMacros..., released yesterday indeed..., "a bit silently" looks like...!

OK, good, we have your iMacros Version, but your CR Version is still not mentioned... :roll:
Is is "so complicated" to count until 3...!? :shock:
And for v10.0.x for CR/FF, you need to mention as well if you are using the 'Free' or the 'PE' Version ('Personal Edition')...

But OK, never mind, shouldn't play a Role anyway from reading your OP and looking at your Script... 8)

Yeah well, to add your "0.01" to your extracted "70", you can either use 'ADD' or 'EVAL()'.
'ADD' tries to automatically detect and handle your Vars as Numbers or Strings but it can sometimes "go wrong", for example if your Extract contains some extra Spaces or Soft Returns, then your "70" would be treated as a String and you would then be forced to use 'EVAL()' anyway..., unless your extracted Number is always a "full" Integer, then it could still work with 'ADD' and 2 Strings in your case, but if your Extract could be Decimal, then you might end up with for example: 69.8 + 0.01 = "69.80.01" instead of your expected "69.81".
yes the value that is extracted is always 4 or more digits with decimal like 69.80
and my second problem is that i am not able to enter the extracted value in the last line of code
so if its not possible to enter the value with +0.01 then can u help me with the code to enter the same value that was extracted ?
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Sun Aug 05, 2018 1:43 pm

mastikhor.maddy wrote:yes the value that is extracted is always 4 or more digits with decimal like 69.80
and my second problem is that i am not able to enter the extracted value in the last line of code
so if its not possible to enter the value with +0.01 then can u help me with the code to enter the same value that was extracted ?
Hum..., there is nothing very complicated, simply use '{{!EXTRACT}}' in your last Line for the 'CONTENT' Parameter if you want to reuse the exact extracted Value...:

TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:NUMBER ATTR=ID:Price CONTENT={{!EXTRACT}}
And like I said, use 'EVAL()' (or 'ADD') for the '+0.01' Operation... Of course it is possible...!

With 'ADD':

SET New_Price {{!EXTRACT}}
ADD New_Price 0.01
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:NUMBER ATTR=ID:Price CONTENT={{New_Price}}
With 'EVAL()':

SET New_Price EVAL("var s='{{!EXTRACT}}'; var z=s*1+0.01; z;")
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:NUMBER ATTR=ID:Price CONTENT={{New_Price}}
It all depends a bit on how "clean" your Extract is... And if it contains extra Spaces around it, or Soft Returns, then you might need to remove them with 'trim()' for example... But hum, you are on CR, 'trim()' is no "Native" JS Command, it works on FF that I use but I'm not completely sure it works on CR as well, you would then need to use 'replace()' instead...
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:20 pm

Report reason: Other

Reported by mastikhor.maddy on 09/08/2018 - 13:33
I would like to delete this post, but i cant seem to be able to. Please kindly delete it for me, Thank you
Sorry @OP, but I don't agree with deleting this Thread... :shock:

I've been helping you all along, and even wrote 2 Solutions for you, I guess now that you have your Script working, you want the Thread to be deleted to avoid that that Script could be used by any "Competitor(s)" on that Site (not mentioned btw), but sorry, this is not the way a Technical Forum works...! :shock:

The Content of the Thread is Generic enough and Useful as well for other Users for the "Concept"... 8)

=> Thread won't be deleted, closing your Report... :wink:
(You can delete your Account if you want, and I think you have an Option to delete all your Posts, but I always make sure to quote all Posts in a Thread, exactly because of Users deleting/mutilating their Posts to avoid sharing the Script once they've got their Solution..., tja...!)

(Hum, and you could better have followed up a bit further and thanked me a little bit... All you've "achieved" is that I won't try to help you again, next time you'll have a new Qt... :roll: )
mastikhor.maddy

Post by mastikhor.maddy » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:58 pm

chivracq wrote:
Report reason: Other

Reported by mastikhor.maddy on 09/08/2018 - 13:33
I would like to delete this post, but i cant seem to be able to. Please kindly delete it for me, Thank you
Sorry @OP, but I don't agree with deleting this Thread... :shock:

I've been helping you all along, and even wrote 2 Solutions for you, I guess now that you have your Script working, you want the Thread to be deleted to avoid that that Script could be used by any "Competitor(s)" on that Site (not mentioned btw), but sorry, this is not the way a Technical Forum works...! :shock:

The Content of the Thread is Generic enough and Useful as well for other Users for the "Concept"... 8)

=> Thread won't be deleted, closing your Report... :wink:
(You can delete your Account if you want, and I think you have an Option to delete all your Posts, but I always make sure to quote all Posts in a Thread, exactly because of Users deleting/mutilating their Posts to avoid sharing the Script once they've got their Solution..., tja...!)

(Hum, and you could better have followed up a bit further and thanked me a little bit... All you've "achieved" is that I won't try to help you again, next time you'll have a new Qt... :roll: )
nah mate thats not the reason why
i still have the same issue that i had
i cant do the +0.01 to the final extract because " FreewareLimit: Freeware version limit exceeded: user defined variables not allowed. Maximum number of variables is 3, line: 17 "
so i tried just having the same value that was extracted using "TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:NUMBER ATTR=ID:Price CONTENT={{!EXTRACT}}" but it doesn't enter anything
i checked if the extract is working correctly with popup and it is but it wont autofill
what am i doing wrong ?
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:34 pm

mastikhor.maddy wrote:nah mate thats not the reason why
i still have the same issue that i had
i cant do the +0.01 to the final extract because

" FreewareLimit: Freeware version limit exceeded: user defined variables not allowed. Maximum number of variables is 3, line: 17 "
so i tried just having the same value that was extracted using "

TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:NUMBER ATTR=ID:Price CONTENT={{!EXTRACT}}
" but it doesn't enter anything
i checked if the extract is working correctly with popup and it is but it wont autofill
what am i doing wrong ?
Yeah, well, getting some RuntimeError is still no valid Reason to me, to want your Thread deleted... You could simply have followed up... :?

About the 'Freeware' Version, that's exactly why I asked you to mention your FCI and to mention if you were using the 'Free' or the 'PE' Version, but you never answered..., tja...!

So OK, you are using the 'Free' Version, then yep, User Defined Vars are not allowed, then simply use '!VAR1' <-> '!VAR3' instead of the Names I gave to "my" Vars...

And use 'PROMPT' to follow/debug your Vars, the 'EXTRACT' Popup doesn't show you if you have any surrounding Spaces and Soft Returns in the Extract (which I have already mentioned twice or thrice, I think), and the Script you had posted was truncated, I cannot see if you are not doing some other Extracts "before"...
mastikhor.maddy

Post by mastikhor.maddy » Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:57 pm

chivracq wrote: So OK, you are using the 'Free' Version, then yep, User Defined Vars are not allowed, then simply use '!VAR1' <-> '!VAR3' instead of the Names I gave to "my" Vars...

And use 'PROMPT' to follow/debug your Vars, the 'EXTRACT' Popup doesn't show you if you have any surrounding Spaces and Soft Returns in the Extract (which I have already mentioned twice or thrice, I think), and the Script you had posted was truncated, I cannot see if you are not doing some other Extracts "before"...
This is the whole script

SET !ERRORIGNORE YES
SET !ERRORIGNORE NO
SET !TIMEOUT_STEP 1
SET !TIMEOUT_PAGE 400
SET !VAR1 {{!EXTRACT}}
ADD !VAR1 0.01
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:NUMBER ATTR=ID:Price CONTENT={{!VAR1}}

" 'PROMPT' to follow/debug your Vars" how do i do that ??
mastikhor.maddy

Post by mastikhor.maddy » Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:12 am

" 'PROMPT' to follow/debug your Vars" how do i do that ??[/quote]
so i added this

SET !VAR1 {{!EXTRACT}}
ADD !VAR1 0.01
PROMPT {{!var1}}
SET !EXTRACT NULL

and the prompt gave me $31.05.01 :lol:
so it extracted $35.05 and just added .01 to it, not what i intended it to do
but still it didnt autofill
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:NUMBER ATTR=ID:buyOrderPrice CONTENT={{!VAR1}}

how do i start debugging why its not auto filling at the end of the code
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:38 am

mastikhor.maddy wrote:This is the whole script

SET !ERRORIGNORE YES
SET !ERRORIGNORE NO
SET !TIMEOUT_STEP 1
SET !TIMEOUT_PAGE 400
SET !VAR1 {{!EXTRACT}}
ADD !VAR1 0.01
" 'PROMPT' to follow/debug your Vars" how do i do that ??
'PROMPT' for Debugging is completely explained in the Wiki... :idea:

And if you search for Posts for any Example(s) where I've posted some Script including some 'PROMPT' (Debug) Statement(s), you'll even find more "extensive" Examples... (and plenty of those...!)
(Mini-Trick: You can better search inside Code Examples on the Forum using Google rather than the Internal Forum Search Functionality which strangely enough doesn't look inside ']CODE[' Forum Tags, unless my Script was quoted by some other User... :idea: )

I find the "ATTR=TD:" part in the 'TAG' Statement where you do the 'EXTRACT' a bit strange btw... :?
"TD" is not a "Standard" Attribute for a Cell in a Table, it's possible but hum... :o , and then it would be surprising that when you recorded your Macro, iMacros "decided" to record that Attribute that must be empty... Doesn't really make sense to me... :o
You seem to have 'Use ID Selectors when possible' checked from the other 'TAG' Statements, which iMacros will then privilege if the Element has an ID, but it's indeed "common" that Cells in a Table don't have their separate ID, then the 'TXT' Attribute normally gets used by iMacros, even if it's empty, as it always exists, but not some "strange" Custom 'TD' Attribute...

Oh...!, posting this one now, as I see you've posted another Post in the meantime... :wink:
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:45 am

mastikhor.maddy wrote:" 'PROMPT' to follow/debug your Vars" how do i do that ??
so i added this

SET !VAR1 {{!EXTRACT}}
ADD !VAR1 0.01
PROMPT {{!var1}}
SET !EXTRACT NULL
and the prompt gave me $31.05.01 :lol:
so it extracted $35.05 and just added .01 to it, not what i intended it to do
but still it didnt autofill

TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:NUMBER ATTR=ID:buyOrderPrice CONTENT={{!VAR1}}
how do i start debugging why its not auto filling at the end of the code
Oh, good....!, you've found how to use 'PROMPT', hum so that means your 'EXTRACT' indeed works...

But then, like I already mentioned in my first or second Reply, the '$' Sign in the 'EXTRACT' makes it a String and not a Number...

And the 'INPUT' Statement won't work then because that Field expects a Number and not a String starting with "$...", which means you'll have to use 'EVAL()' anyway, it won't work with 'ADD', at least not directly on the raw '!EXTRACT'.
mastikhor.maddy

Post by mastikhor.maddy » Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:20 am

chivracq wrote:
mastikhor.maddy wrote:"
And the 'INPUT' Statement won't work then because that Field expects a Number and not a String starting with "$...", which means you'll have to use 'EVAL()' anyway, it won't work with 'ADD', at least not directly on the raw '!EXTRACT'.
SET !ERRORIGNORE YES
SET !ERRORIGNORE NO
SET !TIMEOUT_STEP 1
SET !TIMEOUT_PAGE 400
SET !VAR1 EVAL("var s='{{!EXTRACT}}'; var z=s*1+0.01; z;")
PROMPT {{!VAR1}}
SET !EXTRACT NULL

^with this code the prompt came back blank

tbh at this point i would be happy if it just copy pasted the extract, can you please help me with why its not autofilling the extract
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:56 am

mastikhor.maddy wrote:
chivracq wrote:
mastikhor.maddy wrote:"

SET !ERRORIGNORE YES
SET !ERRORIGNORE NO
SET !TIMEOUT_STEP 1
SET !TIMEOUT_PAGE 400
SET !VAR1 EVAL("var s='{{!EXTRACT}}'; var z=s*1+0.01; z;")
PROMPT {{!VAR1}}
SET !EXTRACT NULL
^with this code the prompt came back blank

tbh at this point i would be happy if it just copy pasted the extract, can you please help me with why its not autofilling the extract
=> You need to remove the '$' from the Extract.
A '$' Sign is not a Digit..., Numbers are made of Digits + [+-.]... :wink:
=> 'EVAL()' + some JavaScript Function that will be able to remove 1 Char from a String... :idea:
I use the following Site for JS Functions...