How do i replace first H2 tags content with other text?

Support for iMacros. The iMacros software is the unique solution for automating every activity inside a web browser, for data extraction and web testing.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
nagaratna

How do i replace first H2 tags content with other text?

Post by nagaratna » Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:30 am

Hello Friends,

I am very new to Imacros. I wanted to replce my first H2 tag content with other content for 500 pages. Can anybody help me in this?

I will be thankful if anybody provides me the imacros code for this.

TIA
chivracq

Re: How do i replace first H2 tags content with other text?

Post by chivracq » Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:53 pm

nagaratna wrote:Hello Friends,

I am very new to Imacros. I wanted to replce my first H2 tag content with other content for 500 pages. Can anybody help me in this?

I will be thankful if anybody provides me the imacros code for this.

TIA
Oh...!, nice to see that you've "discovered" our Forum as well after opening yesterday a parallel Thread on SOF, ah-ah...! :wink:

But hum, the Quality of your both Threads is very low for the moment, you'll need to improve that "a little bit" if you hope for some Help/Answers, at least on our Forum... (But you didn't get any Replies/Answers on SOF either, so I would think this applies as well for that Forum...) :idea:

=> CIM...! :mrgreen: (Read my Sig...)
(And if using v10.0.x for FF/CR, mention as well if you are using the 'Free'/'PE' Version...)

=> Yeah, well..., what is your Pb...!? No Script posted..., what have you tried, and where do you get stuck...? :?
(Nobody will be writing your Script for you,, I'm afraid...! (Impossible anyway with the very scarce and vague Info you've provided...))

And to be honest, I don't even understand your Scenario exactly... :?
iMacros is for Web-Automation in your Browser, but 'H2' HTML Elements on a Page are no Editable/Input Fields.
I can understand you could want to locate/tag those Elements to reuse for 'Relative Positioning' or to extract them, or to follow a Link if they have a Link on them..., but I don't get the "Purpose" to want to edit them...
Even if that still can be done using some JavaScript inside iMacros, a bit like 'GreaseMonkey', but that Process will take place locally in your own Browser, and only for your own Display, it won't modify any Content of the Page on the (Web-)Server... ... Unless you are in some "Editing Web-Tool/Interface" where you can edit/update your own Web-Site before "publishing" your Site again..., but those Elements won't be then 'H2' Elements on such a Page in that Interface... :?

=> OK..., mention your FCI, give more Info/Details (APAP) about your Scenario, post your Script and what you've tried..., and only then we might be able to help you... :idea:
Well, good luck... (And read my Reply "carefully", I won't be asking twice (the same Qt's)...) 8)

Hum..., and would be "nice" if you could try to spell "iMacros" (= correct Spelling) a bit correctly..., as a "SEO Analyst", I guess you want also Users/Customers to remember your "Product"/"Branding" correctly and not using some approx Spelling... :wink:
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
chivracq

Re: How do i replace first H2 tags content with other text?

Post by chivracq » Thu Aug 02, 2018 4:44 pm

Hum..., and...?, any Follow-up/Progress...? :o
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...