Seems Like Recorder Cant See Popup?

Discussions and Tech Support related to website data extraction, screen scraping and data mining using iMacros.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
texpic

Seems Like Recorder Cant See Popup?

Post by texpic » Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:48 pm

Using iMacros Browser v12.0.501.6698; used explorer 11 also; windows 10.

Everything seems to work fine until I try to save things. When I click the EXPORT button I get a line of code in the code viewer. The next thing I click, the Save does not add a line of code; the SaveAs window pops up, when I click Save there is no line of code. What makes me think it isn't seeing these popups is I clicked "Image Validation" and I only see the primary window. Also, I tried this on a totally unrelated application and had same issue.
Attachments
export.png
chivracq

Re: Seems Like Recorder Cant See Popup?

Post by chivracq » Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:39 pm

texpic wrote:Using

Code: Select all

iMacros Browser v12.0.501.6698; used explorer 11 also; windows 10.
Everything seems to work fine until I try to save things. When I click the EXPORT button I get a line of code in the code viewer. The next thing I click, the Save does not add a line of code; the SaveAs window pops up, when I click Save there is no line of code. What makes me think it isn't seeing these popups is I clicked "Image Validation" and I only see the primary window. Also, I tried this on a totally unrelated application and had same issue.
OK, FCI mentioned, perfect :D , otherwise I don't react to Threads but I guess you knew that, you've searched and checked many Threads on the Forum before posting your first one, good-good...! :wink:

But, pfff..., for the rest I'm a bit lost, the rest of your Post is completely Vague..., sorry, no Script posted, no URL, then pfff..., a bit useless for a Tech-Forum...! :roll: , your
When I click the EXPORT button I get a line of code in the code viewer. The next thing I click, the Save does not add a line of code; the SaveAs window pops up, when I click Save there is no line of code.
... sounds like a Dutch Woman trying to explain the way to "The Party"... (instead of simply giving the Address...). 8)
And believe me, you will never find "The Party", ah-ah...! :cry: :roll:
"thing"/"things" is never a "good Word" to use on a Tech Forum, ah-ah...! :?

Hum, I was going to say to try on FF if iMacros for FF records that Popup, but hum, the latest Version (v10.0.2 for FF 'Free') doesn't support File-Access needed for a 'SAVEAS', or you would need to try with v9.0.3 or v8.9.7, both up to FF56.
I think we had some "similar" Thread a few weeks ago, related to iMB v12.0 as well, but the User was a bit vague as well and didn't really follow up..., so I don't know if they managed to solve it...

But OK, "Tech Forum", run by 'NERDS', => Be nice to the Nerds...! :idea: , so your IF+IF+IF+etc... is too vague..., sorry, I don't answer 'IF+IF+IF' Threads anymore... Don't be "Relative", just Be Concrete...! :idea: :roll:

"Relative" is btw a wonderful and very powerful Concept with iMacros, for 'Relative Positioning', I never really ran any Analysis on that Concept, but many People have Difficulties coping with it..., a bit surprisingly for me..., (the Programmer is German, Male, and the Concept is perfect..., hum, a few "Imperfections" that I have already demonstrated since a few years, with Workarounds...), hum, I wouldn't be surprised if "Female" Users of iMacros are better at understanding and using 'R-Pos' than "Male" Users... 8)
(Not many-many 'F'-Users on the Forum though, I think... :roll: )
Last edited by chivracq on Sun Aug 12, 2018 3:06 pm, edited 3 times in total.
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:18 am

Oh..., and what was the Qt actually...?

"Seems Like Recorder Cant See Popup?"
=> Works for me... (in a different FCI than yours)...
=> Give more Details and be APAP...
(Your Thread is a bit of "Joke" at the moment, way too vague :roll: , with no Script, no URL, nothing we can do to help you... :idea: )
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Sun Aug 12, 2018 3:31 pm

Hum, here is the "related" Thread I was thinking of, but hum, the other User was using iMB v10, pretty old, and it's not about a 'SAVEAS', then I guess it's not really as "related" or "similar" like I thought...:
- Security Windows PopUp

Yeah well, then if the "thing" that gets recorded is able to trigger the Popup, you can always try to manually add some 'ONDIALOG'/'ONDOWNLOAD' Statement (before) the "thing"... :idea:
Last edited by chivracq on Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
texpic

Post by texpic » Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:15 pm

The reason I didn't include code, etc was because it wasn't relevant to the question. I included a screenshot, and said when I clicked these buttons no code was getting added. I did figure it out eventually. iMacros has another pop up and you click those not the normal items I'd click if I wasn't using iMacro (the screenshots).

The code it creates is:

ONDOWNLOAD FOLDER=* FILE=+ WAIT=YES
TAG POS=1 TYPE=A ATTR=TXT:Excel
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:17 pm

texpic wrote:The reason I didn't include code, etc was because it wasn't relevant to the question. I included a screenshot, and said when I clicked these buttons no code was getting added. I did figure it out eventually. iMacros has another pop up and you click those not the normal items I'd click if I wasn't using iMacro (the screenshots).

The code it creates is:

Code: Select all

ONDOWNLOAD FOLDER=* FILE=+ WAIT=YES
TAG POS=1 TYPE=A ATTR=TXT:Excel
Yeah well, including the Script (and the URL, and mentioning your FCI) is never "not relevant", or I wouldn't take the hassle to mention it in my Sig otherwise..., but OK, never mind...

Then, yep, those 2 Lines look normal to me..., when recording your Actions, the 'TAG' Line on the "Excel" Link gets first recorded, and the 'ONDOWNLOAD' (indeed, and not 'ONDIALOG' like I had mentioned in my previous Post..., hum, could actually also be 'ONDIALOG'... (But I've edited my Post anyway...)) gets then placed before the 'TAG' Line triggering the Download/Save Popup...

And if the 'TAG' Statement is the last Line of your Script, it's "wise" also to add some mini-'WAIT' Statement after it as iMacros still needs to be running to catch the Download Popup... :idea:

Correct Spelling is "iMacros" btw... (and not "iMacro"...) :wink: