Seems Like Recorder Cant See Popup?

Discussions and Tech Support related to website data extraction, screen scraping and data mining using iMacros.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information:CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
texpic

Seems Like Recorder Cant See Popup?

Post by texpic » Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:48 pm

Using iMacros Browser v12.0.501.6698; used explorer 11 also; windows 10.

Everything seems to work fine until I try to save things. When I click the EXPORT button I get a line of code in the code viewer. The next thing I click, the Save does not add a line of code; the SaveAs window pops up, when I click Save there is no line of code. What makes me think it isn't seeing these popups is I clicked "Image Validation" and I only see the primary window. Also, I tried this on a totally unrelated application and had same issue.
Attachments
export.png
chivracq

Re: Seems Like Recorder Cant See Popup?

Post by chivracq » Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:39 pm

texpic wrote:Using

Code: Select all

iMacros Browser v12.0.501.6698; used explorer 11 also; windows 10.
Everything seems to work fine until I try to save things. When I click the EXPORT button I get a line of code in the code viewer. The next thing I click, the Save does not add a line of code; the SaveAs window pops up, when I click Save there is no line of code. What makes me think it isn't seeing these popups is I clicked "Image Validation" and I only see the primary window. Also, I tried this on a totally unrelated application and had same issue.
OK, FCI mentioned, perfect :D , otherwise I don't react to Threads but I guess you knew that, you've searched and checked many Threads on the Forum before posting your first one, good-good...! :wink:

But, pfff..., for the rest I'm a bit lost, the rest of your Post is completely Vague..., sorry, no Script posted, no URL, then pfff..., a bit useless for a Tech-Forum...! :roll: , your
When I click the EXPORT button I get a line of code in the code viewer. The next thing I click, the Save does not add a line of code; the SaveAs window pops up, when I click Save there is no line of code.
... sounds like a Dutch Woman trying to explain the way to "The Party"... (instead of simply giving the Address...). 8)
And believe me, you will never find "The Party", ah-ah...! :cry: :roll:
"thing"/"things" is never a "good Word" to use on a Tech Forum, ah-ah...! :?

Hum, I was going to say to try on FF if iMacros for FF records that Popup, but hum, the latest Version (v10.0.2 for FF 'Free') doesn't support File-Access needed for a 'SAVEAS', or you would need to try with v9.0.3 or v8.9.7, both up to FF56.
I think we had some "similar" Thread a few weeks ago, related to iMB v12.0 as well, but the User was a bit vague as well and didn't really follow up..., so I don't know if they managed to solve it...

But OK, "Tech Forum", run by 'NERDS', => Be nice to the Nerds...! :idea: , so your IF+IF+IF+etc... is too vague..., sorry, I don't answer 'IF+IF+IF' Threads anymore... Don't be "Relative", just Be Concrete...! :idea: :roll:

"Relative" is btw a wonderful and very powerful Concept with iMacros, for 'Relative Positioning', I never really ran any Analysis on that Concept, but many People have Difficulties coping with it..., a bit surprisingly for me..., (the Programmer is German, Male, and the Concept is perfect..., hum, a few "Imperfections" that I have already demonstrated since a few years, with Workarounds...), hum, I wouldn't be surprised if "Female" Users of iMacros are better at understanding and using 'R-Pos' than "Male" Users... 8)
(Not many-many 'F'-Users on the Forum though, I think... :roll: )
Last edited by chivracq on Sun Aug 12, 2018 3:06 pm, edited 3 times in total.
- (F)CIM = (Full) Config Info Missing: iMacros + Browser + OS with all 3 Versions...
- I usually don't even read the Question if that (required) Info is not mentioned...
- Script & URL usually help a lot for a more "educated" Help...
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:18 am

Oh..., and what was the Qt actually...?

"Seems Like Recorder Cant See Popup?"
=> Works for me... (in a different FCI than yours)...
=> Give more Details and be APAP...
(Your Thread is a bit of "Joke" at the moment, way too vague :roll: , with no Script, no URL, nothing we can do to help you... :idea: )
- (F)CIM = (Full) Config Info Missing: iMacros + Browser + OS with all 3 Versions...
- I usually don't even read the Question if that (required) Info is not mentioned...
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Sun Aug 12, 2018 3:31 pm

Hum, here is the "related" Thread I was thinking of, but hum, the other User was using iMB v10, pretty old, and it's not about a 'SAVEAS', then I guess it's not really as "related" or "similar" like I thought...:
- Security Windows PopUp

Yeah well, then if the "thing" that gets recorded is able to trigger the Popup, you can always try to manually add some 'ONDIALOG'/'ONDOWNLOAD' Statement (before) the "thing"... :idea:
Last edited by chivracq on Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
texpic

Post by texpic » Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:15 pm

The reason I didn't include code, etc was because it wasn't relevant to the question. I included a screenshot, and said when I clicked these buttons no code was getting added. I did figure it out eventually. iMacros has another pop up and you click those not the normal items I'd click if I wasn't using iMacro (the screenshots).

The code it creates is:

ONDOWNLOAD FOLDER=* FILE=+ WAIT=YES
TAG POS=1 TYPE=A ATTR=TXT:Excel
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:17 pm

texpic wrote:The reason I didn't include code, etc was because it wasn't relevant to the question. I included a screenshot, and said when I clicked these buttons no code was getting added. I did figure it out eventually. iMacros has another pop up and you click those not the normal items I'd click if I wasn't using iMacro (the screenshots).

The code it creates is:

Code: Select all

ONDOWNLOAD FOLDER=* FILE=+ WAIT=YES
TAG POS=1 TYPE=A ATTR=TXT:Excel
Yeah well, including the Script (and the URL, and mentioning your FCI) is never "not relevant", or I wouldn't take the hassle to mention it in my Sig otherwise..., but OK, never mind...

Then, yep, those 2 Lines look normal to me..., when recording your Actions, the 'TAG' Line on the "Excel" Link gets first recorded, and the 'ONDOWNLOAD' (indeed, and not 'ONDIALOG' like I had mentioned in my previous Post..., hum, could actually also be 'ONDIALOG'... (But I've edited my Post anyway...)) gets then placed before the 'TAG' Line triggering the Download/Save Popup...

And if the 'TAG' Statement is the last Line of your Script, it's "wise" also to add some mini-'WAIT' Statement after it as iMacros still needs to be running to catch the Download Popup... :idea:

Correct Spelling is "iMacros" btw... (and not "iMacro"...) :wink: