put excel data to a website

Support for iMacros. The iMacros software is the unique solution for automating every activity inside a web browser, for data extraction and web testing.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
fahadakbar

put excel data to a website

Post by fahadakbar » Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:59 pm

Hi Guys,

i am very new here.

I am trying to automate data upload from an excel sheet to one our web. its basically the project hours that i need to upload for every person
one person can have multiple project he worked on in the time period.

Now, here is the problem , on the web page , i need to find the specific project line /box/ position where i can enter the relevant hours
Project A = TOTAL(input box)
Project B = Total (inputbox) etc

if a person has worked on Project A , then macro should be able to find Project A's TOTAL(input box) and then enter the number
similarly if he has worked on project B , it should find project B TOTAL(inputbox) and proceed

Any way is this possible ?

Tahnks
Fahad
chivracq

Re: put excel data to a website

Post by chivracq » Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:24 pm

fahadakbar wrote:Hi Guys,

i am very new here.

I am trying to automate data upload from an excel sheet to one our web. its basically the project hours that i need to upload for every person
one person can have multiple project he worked on in the time period.

Now, here is the problem , on the web page , i need to find the specific project line /box/ position where i can enter the relevant hours
Project A = TOTAL(input box)
Project B = Total (inputbox) etc

if a person has worked on Project A , then macro should be able to find Project A's TOTAL(input box) and then enter the number
similarly if he has worked on project B , it should find project B TOTAL(inputbox) and proceed

Any way is this possible ?

Tahnks
Fahad
Your Thread will probably get moved to the 'General' Sub-Forum as "automate data upload from an excel sheet to one our web" has nothing to do with "Data Extraction" which is the "opposite" Process... (But no need to open a Duplicate...)

But, yep, what you want is possible of course, typical Use of iMacros in fact, and fairly easy to implement... 8)

If using iMacros for FF or CR, you'll need the 'PE' Version ('Personal Edition') with the 'FIO' Module for File-Access needed to access your '.CSV' DataSource...
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
chivracq

Re: put excel data to a website

Post by chivracq » Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:53 pm

Oh jeez...! :shock:
Instead of opening a new Thread, AGAIN in the wrong Sub-Forum (this one also has nothing to do with "Data Extraction", can you delete that 2nd Thread and re-open it in the 'General' Sub-Forum...!? :roll: (You can still delete a Post/Thread as long as nobody has posted a Reply after you..., Reason why I post here...)), you should better first follow up on this current one and handle it "a bit correctly", which is not the case for the moment... :idea:

I'm not going to (try to) help you if you keep using the Forum like some "random" Chat/Blog Service... :roll:
This is a Technical Forum, you should start by reading the Forum Rules for Required Info to include in your Threads for example... :idea:
=> CIM...! :mrgreen: (Read my Sig as well...)
+ Follow up on your (existing) Threads, and open your Threads in the correct Sub-Forum(s)... :roll:
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...