Navigation Error while loading radar.cedexis.com on Pause?

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros for Chrome extension.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
fischer

Navigation Error while loading radar.cedexis.com on Pause?

Post by fischer » Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:57 pm

I have been using the iMacros Chrome extension for about a year and everything has been working properly until today. When I pause a macro for about 10 seconds I now get the following error.

RuntimeError: Navigation error occured while loading url https://radar.cedexis.com/1/11326/radar.html, details: net::ERR_BLOCKED_BY_CLIENT, line: 16

Line 16 of my macro is "WAIT SECONDS=2"

When I used the macro in early August, it worked properly.

iMacros for Chrome: 10.0.3 (even though the official iMacros version history states that 10.0.2 is the latest version)
Chrome: Version 68.0.3440.106 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Windows 10

On a side note, why in the word would iMacros be loading something from cedexis.com when the macro is paused? If I don't pause the macro it runs from beginning to end without any errors.
chivracq

Re: Navigation Error while loading radar.cedexis.com on Paus

Post by chivracq » Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:06 am

fischer wrote:I have been using the iMacros Chrome extension for about a year and everything has been working properly until today. When I pause a macro for about 10 seconds I now get the following error.

Code: Select all

RuntimeError: Navigation error occured while loading url https://radar.cedexis.com/1/11326/radar.html, details: net::ERR_BLOCKED_BY_CLIENT, line: 16
Line 16 of my macro is "WAIT SECONDS=2"

When I used the macro in early August, it worked properly.

iMacros for Chrome: 10.0.3 (even though the official iMacros version history states that 10.0.2 is the latest version)
Chrome: Version 68.0.3440.106 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Windows 10
On a side note, why in the wor[l]d would iMacros be loading something from cedexis.com when the macro is paused? If I don't pause the macro it runs from beginning to end without any errors.
Yep, v10.0.3 for CR is indeed the "latest" v10.0.x Version for CR... Version History for CR was still not updated...!? Ah-ah...!! :shock:
Hum, you should mention if you are using the 'Free' or 'PE' Version anyway...?

Care to share a "real" Script that I can test and try to reproduce your Pb...?

When I try to load the URL you mentioned (using Pale Moon v26.3.3 (=FF47)), I already directly get the following:

uBlock Origin has prevented the following page from loading:
https://radar.cedexis.com/1/11326/radar.html

Because of the following filter
||radar.cedexis.com^
And even if I disable uBlock (temporarily) on that Page, all I get then is a blank HTML Page with the following:
[URL is then: https://radar.cedexis.com/1535390622/stub.js]

/* Radar.js v20.90. Copyright 2018 Cedexis. All rights reserved. */
if(!cedexis||!cedexis.start){if(!cedexis)var cedexis={};(function(_){
var g=function(c){var d=e;c=c.split(".");for(var a=f,b;c.length&&(b=c.shift());)c.length||void 0===d?a[b]&&a[b]!==Object.prototype[b]?a=a[b]:a=a[b]={}:a[b]=d},e=function(){},f=this;g("cedexis.start");g("cedexis.impact");
})(cedexis)}cedexis.start();
(Is the full Source also (of that 'stub.js'), nothing else/hidden...)

=> The Site already looks pretty Buggy to me, too bad if they don't like my Ad-Blocker... :roll:

But post a "real" Script and I can give it a Try in different Browsers (and different iMacros Versions) with and without Ad-Blockers... :wink:
Last edited by chivracq on Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:49 am, edited 3 times in total.
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:21 am

Yeah, you didn't post your (full) Script so it's difficult to give some proper/directed Advice as several "Parameters" could play a role..., but hum..., first "Thing" I would try would be to enable '!ERRORIGNORE' just before your 'PAUSE'... :idea:
And try of course "playing" with your Ad-Blocker if you use any...!
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
fischer

Post by fischer » Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:37 am

Thanks for the suggestions. I use AddBlockPlus and I have paid version of iMacros. I installed iMacros on Firefox and the script works like it should. It must be related to the recent update of the chrome extension.

Here is my full script.

'Complete Page
TAB CLOSEALLOTHERS
TAB OPEN
TAB T=2

SET !EXTRACT_TEST_POPUP NO
SET !EXTRACT ""
URL GOTO=http://localhost/LinkedInNames.html
TAG POS={{!LOOP}} TYPE=P ATTR=* EXTRACT=TXT
SET !VAR1 {{!EXTRACT}}

TAB T=1

URL GOTO=https://www.linkedin.com/search/results ... ol=&title=

WAIT SECONDS=2

The http://localhost/LinkedInNames.html file looks like this.

<html>
<body>
<div style="overflow-y: scroll; width:300px; height:400px;" class="txt">
<p>John Doe</p>
<p>Jane Smith</p>
.... a bunch of other names between paragraph makers
</div>
</body>
</html>
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:22 pm

fischer wrote:Thanks for the suggestions. I use AddBlockPlus and I have paid version of iMacros. I installed iMacros on Firefox and the script works like it should. It must be related to the recent update of the chrome extension.

Here is my full script.

'Complete Page
TAB CLOSEALLOTHERS
TAB OPEN
TAB T=2 

SET !EXTRACT_TEST_POPUP NO
SET !EXTRACT ""
URL GOTO=http://localhost/LinkedInNames.html
TAG POS={{!LOOP}} TYPE=P ATTR=* EXTRACT=TXT
SET !VAR1 {{!EXTRACT}}

TAB T=1

URL GOTO=https://www.linkedin.com/search/results/people/?company=&facetSchool=%5B"33003"%5D&firstName=&keywords={{!VAR1}}&lastName=&origin=FACETED_SEARCH&school=&title=

WAIT SECONDS=2
The http://localhost/LinkedInNames.html file looks like this.

<html>
<body>
<div style="overflow-y: scroll; width:300px; height:400px;" class="txt">
<p>John Doe</p>
<p>Jane Smith</p>
.... a bunch of other names between paragraph makers
</div>
</body>
</html>
Oh...!, "funny"..., you are the first User (posting on the Forum) to use a local HTML File as an HTML DataSource like explained in the following Post/Thread from TechSup..., that you've "refined" a bit to use that '.html' File from a Local Web-Server... 8)
Sounds a bit cumbersome to me, but hum..., OK, why not...! :|

What Web-Server are you using btw...? Oh yeah, 'IIS 6' is included indeed in the 'Turn Windows features on or off' Advanced Options for "Internet Information Services' in Win10, hum..., that gives me some "Ideas", ah-ah...!

But hum, like I say, that Technique is meant as a Workaround for Users using the 'Free' Version of iMacros for CR/FF v10.0.x, if you have the 'PE' Version, using a local '.CSV' File as DataSource would be "easier" in your Case, I would think..., especially for maintaining/editing that File..., unless you later plan on placing that '.html' on some "Corporate" Web-Server with several Users being able to edit it...

>>>

OK, "full Script", hum..., your Script is not completely "full", I guess you've truncated a few Commands before the 'TAB CLOSEALLOTHERS', I was interested to see if you play with some '!TIMEOUT_xx' Settings at the beginning of your Script, and I guess you don't finish your Script with a 'WAIT' Statement which is a bit useless if there is nothing after it...

But OK, using the following mini-Script, I managed to run some mini-Tests:

VERSION BUILD=1002 RECORDER=CR
'VERSION BUILD=8820413 RECORDER=FX
TAB T=1

SET !VAR1 "John Doe"
URL GOTO=https://www.linkedin.com/search/results/people/?company=&facetSchool=%5B"33003"%5D&firstName=&keywords={{!VAR1}}&lastName=&origin=FACETED_SEARCH&school=&title=

WAIT SECONDS=2
And it works fine for me using iMacros for FF v8.8.2 (on Pale Moon v26.3.3) + iMacros for CR v10.0.2 ('Free') + iMacros for CR v10.0.3 ('Free') (on CR68_x64).
On CR68, I "only" have iMacros for CR 'Free', meaning I ran my Script from a Bookmark, and not from an '.iim' File. (I don't think it will play a role though...)

I did notice that in all 3 Environments, the 2 Browsers (PM and CR) both "considered" that the LinkedIn Page had fully loaded and gave a "Done" Sign (to iMacros) which started executing the 'WAIT' Statement, while some 3rd Party Scripts where still being loaded by the Page... That could be the "Root" of your Pb..., for which '!ERRORIGNORE' that I already mentioned will probably help bypass your RuntimeError... Did you try that...?

Hum, and you should add a 'TAB T=1' at the beginning of your Script to mark the Tab you start your Script from as 'TAB_1' before or just after the 'TAB CLOSEALLOTHERS', before opening and switching to 'TAB_2', iMacros sometimes gets a bit "lost" when navigating between Tabs especially after a 'TAB CLOSEALLOTHERS'... I'm not sure about CR, but on FF, all Tabs indeed "apparently" get closed instantly, but FF then strangely still needs about 2-3 sec(!) per Tab previously open to "really" release it from Memory... I wouldn't be surprised if a similar Process also happens on CR, and the Browser is already/still "busy" handling all those (previous) Tabs while iMacros at the same time is asking it to navigate between Tabs...
fischer

Post by fischer » Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:37 pm

Thanks for the help. In Chrome on 10.0.3 I added the !ERRORIGNORE and I still get the error on the wait line. In FF the script runs fine without the !ERRORIGNORE. In Chrome on 10.0.2, the script worked fine.

Yes, this is my entire script. I have not truncated any lines. Before I run the script, I manually log onto LinkedIn. The wait on the last line gives me time to manually inspect the LinkedIn search results. If LinkedIn finds the individual I am looking for, I hit pause in imacros. When I am done with the LinkedIn page, I resume the imacros loop.

I used localhost for the data file because I already have xampp installed on my system. I have not yet tried the CVS file, but I am sure that would be cleaner.

I will try your TAB T=1 suggestion.

I will probably be next week before I can get to it as I have another priority project that just came up, pushing this one to the back burner.