iMacros does not type text & site DOES NOT accept paste

Support for iMacros. The iMacros software is the unique solution for automating every activity inside a web browser, for data extraction and web testing.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
evasive

iMacros does not type text & site DOES NOT accept paste

Post by evasive » Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:01 pm

I have a problem. Of course, iMacros pastes the text you have written but it does not type it letter by letter and for sites that does not recognize paste, it is difficult to find the solution. How do you get the site to recognize? (Having this issue with Aliexpress)

Any solution to this?

Heres what I have currently (that's not working):
TAG POS=1 TYPE=TEXTAREA ATTR=ID:request-detail-txt CONTENT=There<SP>is<SP>no<SP>updated<SP>tracking<SP>information.
chivracq

Re: iMacros does not type text & site DOES NOT accept paste

Post by chivracq » Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:43 pm

evasive wrote:I have a problem. Of course, iMacros pastes the text you have written but it does not type it letter by letter and for sites that does not recognize paste, it is difficult to find the solution. How do you get the site to recognize? (Having this issue with Aliexpress)

Any solution to this?

Heres what I have currently (that's not working):

Code: Select all

TAG POS=1 TYPE=TEXTAREA ATTR=ID:request-detail-txt CONTENT=There<SP>is<SP>no<SP>updated<SP>tracking<SP>information.
CIM...! :mrgreen: (Read my Sig...)

Pfff..., dunno, mention your FCI and some URL for me to have a look... :roll:
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
evasive

Post by evasive » Sat Sep 15, 2018 3:20 am

Google Chrome Version 68.0.3440.106 (Official Build) (64-bit)
macOS Sierra 10.12.6
I'm using iMacros for Chrome (latest version)

The website is aliexpress.com
It's on a checkout page where they ask to input your city name/address
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:03 am

evasive wrote:

macOS Sierra 10.12.6 
iMacros Version still missing, "latest" doesn't mean much... (and will mean even less in a few weeks/months/years to sbd reading this Thread...). But probably v10.0.2 or v10.0.3, I suppose...?
And when using v10.0.x for CR/FF, mention as well 'Free' or 'PE'...

Dunno what a "checkout page" is, nothing called "check..." on the URL you provided, provide some direct URL or some Script coming to such a Page...
Or you can also upload that Page (zipped) to your Thread...

And hum..., try using the 'EVENT' Mode to fill in your 'TEXTAREA' Field... :idea:
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
evasive

Post by evasive » Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:10 am

chivracq wrote:
evasive wrote:

macOS Sierra 10.12.6 
iMacros Version still missing, "latest" doesn't mean much... (and will mean even less in a few weeks/months/years to sbd reading this Thread...). But probably v10.0.2 or v10.0.3, I suppose...?
And when using v10.0.x for CR/FF, mention as well 'Free' or 'PE'...

Dunno what a "checkout page" is, nothing called "check..." on the URL you provided, provide some direct URL or some Script coming to such a Page...
Or you can also upload that Page (zipped) to your Thread...

And hum..., try using the 'EVENT' Mode to fill in your 'TEXTAREA' Field... :idea:
Thanks for the help so far.

iMacros for Chrome 10.0.3 - FREE

It is actually a dispute page. I have a macro that auto-fills this form. But when I click "Submit", it writes a error disclaimer saying I didn't even write anything in the "request detail" box (see screenshot). When I type something manually in the box, that error thing goes away.
Screen Shot 2018-09-14 at 10.04.08 PM.png
I've uploaded the Page (zipped) here: https://files.fm/u/43wvkf6x
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:15 am

evasive wrote:Thanks for the help so far.

It is actually a dispute page. I have a macro that auto-fills this form. But when I click "Submit", it writes a error disclaimer saying I didn't even write anything in the "request detail" box (see screenshot). When I type something manually in the box, that error thing goes away.
OK, v10.0.3 for CR ('Free') then...

Hum, yep indeed, your zipped Page is >256Kb, could not be uploaded directly to the Thread as there is a Limit indeed... But OK, got it...

Your original 'TAG' Statement seems to work for me, but I cannot "test" the Validation as the 'Submit' Button doesn't do anything...

Did you try the 'EVENT' Mode...?:

EVENTS TYPE=KEYPRESS SELECTOR="#request-detail-txt" CHARS="There is no updated tracking information."
evasive

Post by evasive » Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:21 am

chivracq wrote:
evasive wrote:Thanks for the help so far.

OK, v10.0.3 for CR ('Free') then...

Hum, yep indeed, your zipped Page is >256Kb, could not be uploaded directly to the Thread as there is a Limit indeed... But OK, got it...

Your original 'TAG' Statement seems to work for me, but I cannot "test" the Validation as the 'Submit' Button doesn't do anything...

Did you try the 'EVENT' Mode...?:

EVENTS TYPE=KEYPRESS SELECTOR="#request-detail-txt" CHARS="There is no updated tracking information."
Tried your events macro, but I still get the same error message saying: "You can leave your comments here. Please use no more than 500 non-Chinese characters."
It's as if it's able to detect if I'm typing with my keyboard or not.
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:46 am

evasive wrote:Tried your events macro, but I still get the same error message saying: "You can leave your comments here. Please use no more than 500 non-Chinese characters."
Hum, strange, the 'EVENT' Mode should "do the Trick" normally...

Try this one then:

EVENT TYPE=CLICK SELECTOR="#request_detail_c>DIV>DIV" BUTTON=0
EVENT TYPE=CLICK SELECTOR="#refund-amount" BUTTON=0
WAIT SECONDS=.5
(Purpose of the 2 extra Statements is to get the Focus out of that Input Field, ends up in the 'USD' Box...)
evasive

Post by evasive » Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:47 pm

chivracq wrote:
evasive wrote:Tried your events macro, but I still get the same error message saying: "You can leave your comments here. Please use no more than 500 non-Chinese characters."
Hum, strange, the 'EVENT' Mode should "do the Trick" normally...

Try this one then:

EVENT TYPE=CLICK SELECTOR="#request_detail_c>DIV>DIV" BUTTON=0
EVENT TYPE=CLICK SELECTOR="#refund-amount" BUTTON=0
WAIT SECONDS=.5
(Purpose of the 2 extra Statements is to get the Focus out of that Input Field, ends up in the 'USD' Box...)
It did not work. Still getting same error: "You can leave your comments here. Please use no more than 500 non-Chinese characters."
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:12 pm

evasive wrote:It did not work. Still getting same error: "You can leave your comments here. Please use no more than 500 non-Chinese characters."
Hum, then I don't really know, it "should have worked" by now... :(

You can still try adding a 'Return' at the end of the Text, and clicking on the 'Submit' Button with the 'EVENT' Mode, and "tabbing" to the 'Submit' Button + 'ENTER' still using the 'EVENT' Mode, but you need the 'KEY' Parameter for that which I think is not supported on CR...

And you can try running the Script in "Debug" Mode with '!SINGLESTEP', arrgghhh...!, not supported on CR either, ah-ah...!, then maybe with some '!PLAYBACKDELAY' or longer 'WAIT' Statement, I could see a lot of 'time...xxx' related Commands/Code in the Source, it could be that they've included some "Protection" against Web-Automation and "Users" typing "too quickly", although I've never seen a Site going "that far" using such a Method (they will usually implement some Captcha Protection then...)...

Or they are using a new "Technique" that I don't know (yet)... :oops:
Web-Automation and Web-Sites which want to prevent Web-Automation has always been a "Cat and Mouse Game" for the last 10 years, ah-ah...! Developers come up regularly with new Techniques to prevent Web-Automation and Bots, until sbd finds a way to bypass that Technique, which works for a while..., until some Developer finds a new Technique, etc... :twisted:
evasive

Post by evasive » Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:45 pm

That sucks. No way to mimic typing from a keyboard. This is really a flaw in iMacros (in my opinion)
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:36 am

evasive wrote:That sucks. No way to mimic typing from a keyboard. This is really a flaw in iMacros (in my opinion)
Yeah, of course, ah-ah...! :lol:

What "sucks" and are "a flaw" in my Opinion are all stupid Spammers misusing Web-Automation and forcing Webmasters/Designers to find "Solutions" to prevent Bots and automated Scripts from (mis)using their Sites if they don't want it, tja...! Like I already mentioned, it's been a Cat and Mouse Game for the last 10 years... :roll:
First time the kind of Behaviour you are describing gets reported, and I cannot really test by myself if you are doing "stg" wrong or "missing stg", you can't expect iMacros to already come up with a "Solution" before stg has even been reported, ah-ah...! :wink:

I don't see any "flaw", iMacros is able to fill in that Input Field both using the 'TAG' and 'EVENT' Modes, and to click on the 'Submit' Button... Cool, I would think, it already does "its part of the job"...! 8)
Impossible to know what is put afterwards in the "Validation" after clicking on 'Submit'... ('.php' Script on the Server I reckon..., and I can't "study" the Response from the Server as the 'Submit' Button doesn't do anything for me from the Saveas you were able to upload...)

Slowly starting to get a bit "suspicious" btw why you would want to automate asking for a Refund on that Site, and already knowing "in advance" for what exact Reason..., starting to sound like a Scam/Rip-off to me...! :shock:
Maybe you are not the first one to try to abuse their Site and try to rip-off other Users, and that's the only "flaw", ah-ah...! (And they've already taken Measures to counter that, then..., tja, can't blame them, I would think...) :idea:
evasive

Post by evasive » Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:36 am

chivracq wrote:
evasive wrote:That sucks. No way to mimic typing from a keyboard. This is really a flaw in iMacros (in my opinion)
Yeah, of course, ah-ah...! :lol:

What "sucks" and are "a flaw" in my Opinion are all stupid Spammers misusing Web-Automation and forcing Webmasters/Designers to find "Solutions" to prevent Bots and automated Scripts from (mis)using their Sites if they don't want it, tja...! Like I already mentioned, it's been a Cat and Mouse Game for the last 10 years... :roll:
First time the kind of Behaviour you are describing gets reported, and I cannot really test by myself if you are doing "stg" wrong or "missing stg", you can't expect iMacros to already come up with a "Solution" before stg has even been reported, ah-ah...! :wink:

I don't see any "flaw", iMacros is able to fill in that Input Field both using the 'TAG' and 'EVENT' Modes, and to click on the 'Submit' Button... Cool, I would think, it already does "its part of the job"...! 8)
Impossible to know what is put afterwards in the "Validation" after clicking on 'Submit'... ('.php' Script on the Server I reckon..., and I can't "study" the Response from the Server as the 'Submit' Button doesn't do anything for me from the Saveas you were able to upload...)

Slowly starting to get a bit "suspicious" btw why you would want to automate asking for a Refund on that Site, and already knowing "in advance" for what exact Reason..., starting to sound like a Scam/Rip-off to me...! :shock:
Maybe you are not the first one to try to abuse their Site and try to rip-off other Users, and that's the only "flaw", ah-ah...! (And they've already taken Measures to counter that, then..., tja, can't blame them, I would think...) :idea:
I got scammed for thousands of dollars because I ordered items that the supplier never shipped out of China. So now I have to open over 500 cases through their dispute system one by one instead of having a way to automate it
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:10 am

evasive wrote:I got scammed for thousands of dollars because I ordered items that the supplier never shipped out of China. So now I have to open over 500 cases through their dispute system one by one instead of having a way to automate it
Yeah well, then have your Script fill in all the Fields and you handle the final Click on the 'Submit' Button 500x times manually, done in 10 min I would think...
Or you contact the Site and explain the "Situation"...

But hum, if you have to open 500 Dispute Cases, that means that you placed 500 Orders... :shock:
Would have been wiser to first order just a few Items, see if everything goes OK..., and only after place one "big" Order, instead of 500 separate Orders...! :roll: