Unecessarily slow scripts??

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros Firefox add-on.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
zabby

Unecessarily slow scripts??

Post by zabby » Sat May 12, 2007 4:05 am

I wrote a script to rip text off a *locally* stored internal website, and, I know this sounds picky, but it takes FIVE seconds to parse a fully loaded page? The CPU doesn't seem to max out, what's the deal?

It's only a couple extracts... I assign them to variables and post them in a form concatenated... nothing fancy.

It sounds insignificant, but it's 5 seconds times something I have to do around 400 times a day. That's half an hour a day! :-(
Tech Support

Post by Tech Support » Tue May 15, 2007 11:03 am

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback. We are constantly looking to improve the iMacros product, so understanding how people are using it and what limitations they are encountering helps a lot.

One feature we have added to improve the macro execution time is the introduction of the filter command. http://wiki.imacros.net/FILTER Currently this only works with images, but it improves page loading times and reduces the page content.

Daniel Kerr
iOpus Support
Tech Support

Post by Tech Support » Tue May 15, 2007 10:44 pm

Also, can you please email a sample html page for testing to support1 @ iopus.com ?

Thanks.
zabby

Post by zabby » Thu May 24, 2007 5:28 pm

Hi, I did try the filter command, doesn't seem to make too much of a difference.

I will email you a sample page, thanks.