How to Prevent Save As Dialogue when Downloading File?

Support for iMacros. The iMacros software is the unique solution for automating every activity inside a web browser, for data extraction and web testing.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
razzandy

How to Prevent Save As Dialogue when Downloading File?

Post by razzandy » Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:55 am

Hi Guys

This is my first post on here and I've only just started using iMacros so I'm a newbie! I am pretty good on Excel VBA but not up to speed yet on iMacros

I have recorded a Macro to navigate to a website, login with username & password, then navigate to a link where I can download a dynamically generated CSV file. All that works great but I want it to work fully automatically. I will schedule it to run once a day so without any user input, I need to prevent the Save As Dialogue Popup form appearing and just save the file automatically. Is this possible?

My last few lines of code are:

ONDOWNLOAD FOLDER=* FILE=+_{{!NOW:yyyymmdd_hhnnss}} WAIT=YES
TAG POS=1 TYPE=BUTTON FORM=ACTION:/Reports/Scores ATTR=TXT:Create<SP>Report
TAG POS=1 TYPE=A ATTR=TXT:Logout

Thanks in advance :idea:
chivracq

Re: How to Prevent Save As Dialogue when Downloading File?

Post by chivracq » Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:19 pm

razzandy wrote:Hi Guys

This is my first post on here and I've only just started using iMacros so I'm a newbie! I am pretty good on Excel VBA but not up to speed yet on iMacros

I have recorded a Macro to navigate to a website, login with username & password, then navigate to a link where I can download a dynamically generated CSV file. All that works great but I want it to work fully automatically. I will schedule it to run once a day so without any user input, I need to prevent the Save As Dialogue Popup form appearing and just save the file automatically. Is this possible?

My last few lines of code are:

ONDOWNLOAD FOLDER=* FILE=+_{{!NOW:yyyymmdd_hhnnss}} WAIT=YES
TAG POS=1 TYPE=BUTTON FORM=ACTION:/Reports/Scores ATTR=TXT:Create<SP>Report
TAG POS=1 TYPE=A ATTR=TXT:Logout

Thanks in advance :idea:
CIM...! :mrgreen: (Read my Sig...)
+ If using v10.0.x for CR/FF, mention as well 'Free'/'PE'...

But yep, your Script looks correct to me for handling the 'Save As' Dialog..., you could/should only add some mini-'WAIT' Statement (just before the 'Logout') to make sure the Download "has the time" to get initiated while the Script is still running (for the 'ONDOWNLOAD' Command to be effective...).
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
razzandy

Post by razzandy » Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:13 pm

Hi

I'm using the Free Version of iMacros: VERSION BUILD=1005
Browser is: Chrome
Win 10 Pro
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:36 pm

razzandy wrote:Hi

I'm using the Free Version of iMacros: VERSION BUILD=1005
Browser is: Chrome
Win 10 Pro
Oh...!, I don't know this v10.0.5 for CR Version, I didn't see any Announcement about it, oh but it is mentioned in the Wiki, OK then...
But you seem to be right:
Version 10.0.5 maintenance release
17 September 2018

⮞ Fixed: SaveAs dialog
⮞ Fixed: Macros with capitalized extension name .IIM do not get displayed in the tree
⮞ Fixed: SAVEAS TYPE=EXTRACT FILE=+... duplicates the name of the file
⮞ Fixed: !TIMEOUT_STEP 0 not working
⮞ Improved: Close iMacros dialogs (prompt, extract, etc) by pressing Enter
⮞ Other minor fixes
Seems to be very recent..., and I see several "Fixes" about 'SaveAs' Dialog...
=> Are you sure you really tested in that v10.0.5 Version as it seems to be very recent...?
Were you using v10.0.3 "before" and was it working in that Version...? If you used v10.0.3 (or v10.0.2) do you notice any "Change in Behaviour" between the 2 Versions...?
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...