Transfer macro from 9.0.3 to 10

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros Firefox add-on.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
tuggleg

Transfer macro from 9.0.3 to 10

Post by tuggleg » Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:46 pm

Hello,
I have a macro built for iMacros 9.0.3 working with Firefox 52.9. I had to update to the newest version of Firefox for compliance with local IT. I have not been able to successfully transfer the macro to the newest version of iMacros. Can anyone provide instruction or link me to a related thread?

Thanks
chivracq

Re: Transfer macro from 9.0.3 to 10

Post by chivracq » Sat Sep 29, 2018 3:36 am

tuggleg wrote:Hello,
I have a macro built for

Code: Select all

iMacros 9.0.3 working with Firefox 52.9.
I had to update to the newest version of Firefox for compliance with local IT. I have not been able to successfully transfer the macro to the newest version of iMacros. Can anyone provide instruction or link me to a related thread?

Thanks
No need to open Duplicates on this Forum, I guess you understood...

+FCIM...! :mrgreen: (Read my Sig...)

And your "I have a macro built for..." is completely vague if you don't post your Macro, not much we can do to "help" you otherwise...! :roll:
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
tuggleg

Post by tuggleg » Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:17 pm

Here is the code:
VERSION BUILD=8881205 RECORDER=FX
TAB T=1
SET !DATASOURCE test.csv
SET !DATASOURCE_COLUMNS 1
SET !LOOP 1
SET !DATASOURCE_LINE {{!LOOP}}

TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=ACTION:/samples/receive ATTR=ID:sku CONTENT={{!COL1}}
WAIT SECONDS=1
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:SUBMIT FORM=ACTION:/samples/receive ATTR=NAME:Receive
WAIT SECONDS=1

To clarify, I'm not having any issues with the macro. I am having difficulty targeting the .iim file when I have upgraded iMacros and FrieFox version. I am looking for an SOP on upgrading and carrying over macros from v9 to v10.
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Mon Oct 01, 2018 2:20 pm

tuggleg wrote:Here is the code:

Code: Select all

VERSION BUILD=8881205 RECORDER=FX
TAB T=1
SET !DATASOURCE test.csv
SET !DATASOURCE_COLUMNS 1
SET !LOOP 1
SET !DATASOURCE_LINE {{!LOOP}}

TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=ACTION:/samples/receive ATTR=ID:sku CONTENT={{!COL1}}
WAIT SECONDS=1
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:SUBMIT FORM=ACTION:/samples/receive ATTR=NAME:Receive
WAIT SECONDS=1
To clarify, I'm not having any issues with the macro. I am having difficulty targeting the .iim file when I have upgraded iMacros and FrieFox version. I am looking for an SOP on upgrading and carrying over macros from v9 to v10.
OK, but "FCIM" again...! What is your FCI now...!? (Read my Sig...)
"newest" is always a bit vague...!
=> iMacros for FF v10.0.2, 'Free'/'PE'...?, FF v...?, OS...?

I'm not sure what "targeting the .iim file" means...? (Nor "FrieFox", oops...!) Hum, and nor "SOP"...? => "Standard Operating Protocol" maybe...?

But for iMacros for FF v10.0.2, you'll need the 'PE' Version anyway as your Script is using the '!DATASOURCE' Command which is supported only in the 'PE' Version... => Do you have the 'PE' Version...?, have you installed the 'FIO' Module for 'File-Access'...? (Only Win-OS is supported btw...)
Your Script looks fairly "simple" and should work in v10.0.2 ('PE') also...
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
tuggleg

Post by tuggleg » Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:42 pm

Is PE a paid version? If so and it is the only way to run the macro i shared, feel free to close thread as I don't plan to buy iMacros.

I provided the versions as they are labeled in the Firefox browser. Under Firefox Add-ons > extensions all that is named is 'iMacros for Firefox 9.0.3'. The Firefox version i'm using is 52.9. I am happy to pull the requested info but I'm not sure where to look.

This macro was delivered by a coworker as a .iim file. The macro is named 'xyz.iim' and when that file is dropped in "C:\Users\Username\Documents\iMacros\Macros" the macro becomes available in the iMacros extension as a macro the user can 'play'. As I understand it unless you are recording a new macro, this is the process for 'installing' the macro to be used in the browser. When I upgraded Firefox to the newest version and the corresponding version of iMacros (they have since been uninstalled but were the newest to date last week), this function did not work. The macro never appeared in the extension.

This is on a PC running Windows 10.
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:39 pm

tuggleg wrote:Is PE a paid version? If so and it is the only way to run the macro i shared, feel free to close thread as I don't plan to buy iMacros.

I provided the versions as they are labeled in the Firefox browser. Under Firefox Add-ons > extensions all that is named is 'iMacros for Firefox 9.0.3'. The Firefox version i'm using is 52.9. I am happy to pull the requested info but I'm not sure where to look.

This macro was delivered by a coworker as a .iim file. The macro is named 'xyz.iim' and when that file is dropped in "C:\Users\Username\Documents\iMacros\Macros" the macro becomes available in the iMacros extension as a macro the user can 'play'. As I understand it unless you are recording a new macro, this is the process for 'installing' the macro to be used in the browser. When I upgraded Firefox to the newest version and the corresponding version of iMacros (they have since been uninstalled but were the newest to date last week), this function did not work. The macro never appeared in the extension.

This is on a PC running Windows 10.
All Info about iMacros and the different Versions (Free/Paid) can be found here and here... (You simply need to type "imacros+firefox" in Google to find those Pages btw...!)
+ Answers to all your Qt's... :D

Ipswitch changed their Licensing Model a few months ago from v10.0.x for CR/FF which now offer a 'Free' + 'PE' (= 'Personal Edition') Versions, and only the "Free" Version is Free of course, and only meant for Home Users anyway...
Only iMacros for IE is still "Free" for the moment..., until the next Version I guess, I suppose iMacros for this Browser will follow the same Licensing Model like for CR and FF..., unless MS doesn't plan on releasing any new IE Version, which could be possible, as they seem to be putting all Dev-Resources onto 'Edge', and I don't know if Ipswitch are planning on releasing an iMacros Version for 'Edge', I don't think so honestly, but I could be wrong...
tuggleg

Post by tuggleg » Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:48 pm

Ok thanks for the help.
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:54 pm

tuggleg wrote:Ok thanks for the help.
:wink: