iMacros for uploading - HELP

Support for iMacros. The iMacros software is the unique solution for automating every activity inside a web browser, for data extraction and web testing.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
genitsirc22

iMacros for uploading - HELP

Post by genitsirc22 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:19 am

Hey there, Im just a newbee here on using iMacros since ive been using Jitbit macros for a while now but i found out that imacros is more flexible and can do more things.
Can anyone help me on this: Im using iMacros Chrome, the thing is Im uploading photos on our server website with a 50 max of upload per page.
I always named photos by number.
Here is my recording info:

URL GOTO= {{!URLCURRENT}}

TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:FILE FORM=NAME:formEditPR ATTR=NAME:clip0 CONTENT=C:\fakepath\1.jpg<LF>
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:FILE FORM=NAME:formEditPR ATTR=NAME:clip1 CONTENT=C:\fakepath\2.jpg<LF>
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:FILE FORM=NAME:formEditPR ATTR=NAME:clip2 CONTENT=C:\fakepath\3.jpg<LF>
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:FILE FORM=NAME:formEditPR ATTR=NAME:clip3 CONTENT=C:\fakepath\4.jpg<LF>
'and so on to =C:\fakepath\50.jpg<LF>

'script for next page

TAG POS=3 TYPE=INPUT:BUTTON FORM=NAME:formEditPR ATTR=*
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:FILE FORM=NAME:formEditPR ATTR=NAME:clip50 CONTENT=C:\fakepath\51.jpg
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:FILE FORM=NAME:formEditPR ATTR=NAME:clip51 CONTENT=C:\fakepath\52.jpg
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:FILE FORM=NAME:formEditPR ATTR=NAME:clip52 CONTENT=C:\fakepath\53.jpg
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:FILE FORM=NAME:formEditPR ATTR=NAME:clip53 CONTENT=C:\fakepath\54.jpg

Is there any way to simplify this? The ATTR= is always add 1 and same as the Content name.
And if it is possible if i can start on any number(file name) and have a cycle of 50 since its 50 per page?
chivracq

Re: iMacros for uploading - HELP

Post by chivracq » Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:35 am

genitsirc22 wrote:Hey there, Im just a newbee here on using iMacros since ive been using Jitbit macros for a while now but i found out that imacros is more flexible and can do more things.
Can anyone help me on this: Im using

Code: Select all

iMacros Chrome
, the thing is Im uploading photos on our server website with a 50 max of upload per page.

TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:FILE FORM=NAME:formEditPR ATTR=NAME:clip0 CONTENT=C:\fakepath\1.jpg<LF>
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:FILE FORM=NAME:formEditPR ATTR=NAME:clip1 CONTENT=C:\fakepath\2.jpg<LF>
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:FILE FORM=NAME:formEditPR ATTR=NAME:clip2 CONTENT=C:\fakepath\3.jpg<LF>
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:FILE FORM=NAME:formEditPR ATTR=NAME:clip3 CONTENT=C:\fakepath\4.jpg<LF>

'script for next page
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:FILE FORM=NAME:formEditPR ATTR=NAME:clip50 CONTENT=C:\fakepath\51.jpg
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:FILE FORM=NAME:formEditPR ATTR=NAME:clip51 CONTENT=C:\fakepath\52.jpg
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:FILE FORM=NAME:formEditPR ATTR=NAME:clip52 CONTENT=C:\fakepath\53.jpg
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:FILE FORM=NAME:formEditPR ATTR=NAME:clip53 CONTENT=C:\fakepath\54.jpg
Is there any way to simplify this? The ATTR= is always add 1 and same as the Content name.
And if it is possible if i can start on any number(file name) and have a cycle of 50 since its 50 per page?
FCIM...! :mrgreen: (Read my Sig...)
=> iMacros for CR v...?, CR v...?, OS...?
+ If using v10.0.x, mention as well 'Free'/'PE'...?

But yep, it's possible to loop your Script 50 times for [1-50] / [51-100] / etc based on '{{!LOOP}}' or have your Script handle 50 Uploads using your "own" Var starting at =0 for the first Run for [1-50], starting at =50 for the 2nd Run for [51-100], etc..., that you'll increment by 1 using the 'ADD' Command for each Upload... :idea:
Last edited by chivracq on Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
genitsirc22

Post by genitsirc22 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:38 am

Im sorry, its my first time here :)
here:
iMacross for Chrome Free
VERSION BUILD=1005 RECORDER=CR
genitsirc22

Post by genitsirc22 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:42 am

chivracq wrote:
genitsirc22 wrote:Hey there, Im just a newbee here on using iMacros since ive been using Jitbit macros for a while now but i found out that imacros is more flexible and can do more things.
Can anyone help me on this: Im using

iMacros Chrome
, the thing is Im uploading photos on our server website with a 50 max of upload per page.

'script for next page
FCIM...! :mrgreen: (Read my Sig...)
=> iMacros for CR v...?, CR v...?, OS...?
+ If using v10.0.x, mention as well 'Free'/'PE'...?

But yep, it's possible to loop your Script 50 times for [1-50] / [51-100] / etc based on '{{!LOOP}}' or have your Script handle 50 Uploads using your "own" Var starting at =0 for the first Run for [1-50], starting at =50 for the 2nd Run for [51-100], etc..., that you'll increment by 1 using the 'ADD' Command for each Upload... :idea:
Hey man, can you please write down the code here? To be honest, Im really not familiar with the iMacros since its my first time using it.
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:45 am

genitsirc22 wrote:Im sorry, its my first time here :)
here:

iMacross for Chrome Free
OK, nearly good..., CR Version and OS are still missing... :roll:

(Correct Spelling is "iMacros" btw...)
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
genitsirc22

Post by genitsirc22 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:49 am

chivracq wrote:
here:

iMacross for Chrome Free

if CR means Chrome, lol:
Version 69.0.3497.100

Windows 7 64bit
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:10 pm

genitsirc22 wrote:
chivracq wrote:
here:

iMacross for Chrome Free

if CR means Chrome, lol:
Version 69.0.3497.100

Windows 7 64bit
OK, good, you finally have your FCI :D :

iMacros for CR v10.0.5 'Free', CR69, Win7_x64.
(Next time you'll open a Thread, I won't even react if you don't mention your FCI directly, preferably at the complete beginning of your Post... :idea: )
genitsirc22 wrote:Hey man, can you please write down the code here? To be honest, Im really not familiar with the iMacros since its my first time using it.
Yeah, well, we'll "see" about that, but nope, I don't write Scripts for other Users, I only help Users who "really" get stuck after they've tried "their best", ah-ah...! :wink:

OK, but hum, if using the 'Free' (Freeware) Version, are you sure that just uploading 1 File/Image to your Site is actually working in Replay...?
The 'File Upload' requires some Local File Access I would think, but File Access is only supported in the 'PE' Version with the 'FIO' Module for File Access, I thought...
The 'Free' Version is also limited to 50 Lines of Code and 100 Loops, for which the 2nd Option I mentioned (with 'ADD 1') wouldn't work, as it already requires 2 Lines per Upload => x100 Lines...

(And hum..., from the Licensing Model from Ipswitch for/since iMacros v10.x for CR/FF, the 'Free' Version is now "Free" only for Home Users, and from your "our server website", you don't "sound" like a Home User I would think..., Business Users are "supposed" to acquire a 'PE' License... :wink: )

But the 'PE' Version would make "Things" easier for you anyway (the 2nd Option I mentioned is much easier to implement), if File Upload ueberhaupt works in the 'Free' Version...
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:26 pm

:?: So..., and...?, 2 hours later..., does the 'File Upload' work with the 'Free' Version...? And/or, have you made any "Progress"...?
(I don't use this Version, and certainly not on CR as I don't like this Browser at all... :evil: )

(And don't worry, I don't "care" about which License you might be using, I'm not "affiliated" with Ipswitch, (my first and only "Interest" in the 'Freeware' Versions was actually to "hack" into the Add-on, to remove most of the Freeware Limits, which took me less than 2 min, oops...!), I only simply monitor the Forum to prevent Spam..., and help Users of course...! :wink: )