Data Extraction help

Discussions and Tech Support related to website data extraction, screen scraping and data mining using iMacros.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
JerseyJosh

Data Extraction help

Post by JerseyJosh » Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:32 pm

I'm far from an expert, but I've stumbled my way through many useful macros, greatly improving my workflow.

I want to take advantage of imacros web scraping, but I fail time and again.

Is anyone out there good enough to get me started? I could really use this data. My goal is to scrape public permit data and dump it into and excel (or csv) file.

An example website is below. If someone could get me started, I can easily adapt it for the other websites. Thank you very much in advance for any help!

https://www.velocityhall.com/accela/vel ... /index.cfm
chivracq

Re: Data Extraction help

Post by chivracq » Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:24 am

JerseyJosh wrote:I'm far from an expert, but I've stumbled my way through many useful macros, greatly improving my workflow.

I want to take advantage of imacros web scraping, but I fail time and again.

Is anyone out there good enough to get me started? I could really use this data. My goal is to scrape public permit data and dump it into and excel (or csv) file.

An example website is below. If someone could get me started, I can easily adapt it for the other websites. Thank you very much in advance for any help!

https://www.velocityhall.com/accela/vel ... /index.cfm
If you are "really" looking for Help, (I actually hesitated to approve your Post as it sounds pretty "fake") + unreachable Site, OK, we'll see...), find first a better Descriptive Thread Title, as this complete (Sub-)Forum is all about..., hum..., re-hum..., what was your Thread Title again...?, of yeah...!: "Data Extraction help" => +1 Point for posting in the correct Sub-Forum though... :wink:

Next Step would be to read the Forum Rules and to mention your "FCI" (read my Sig)... :idea:
(Many Commands are not supported on all Browsers / iMacros Versions...)

Can't check your Site from Europe-NL anyway, IP disabled from the Web-Server I think [=> "The server declined your request."] (and I have a clean IP, no Spam whatever..., they must be selecting on Country I guess... Post another Site for your next Example maybe..., but you need to to try "stg" a bit by yourself, and to read a bit of the Documentation, you have a complete Section in the Wiki about "Data Extraction"... The "Purpose" of a Forum is to help you if you have a (specific) Problem, but we can't read the Documentation for you...! :idea:
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
chivracq

Re: Data Extraction help

Post by chivracq » Sat Oct 27, 2018 5:02 pm

Hum, and "I can easily adapt it for the other websites." is not necessarily true, iMacros Scripts rely "heavily" on the HTML Structure of a specific Page/Site, unless you are trying to scrape different Pages from a same Site, you'll have to re-record your Actions and to re-select the Fields you want to tag or extract for each Site...
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...