How to skip line quickly if element not found?

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros Firefox add-on.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
jack1

How to skip line quickly if element not found?

Post by jack1 » Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:52 am

Hi,

I am using imacros successfully to automate my tasks. I m currently using firefox 47 with imacros version 8.9.7 on windows. All my automation works perfectly fine. This forum has helped me alot especially chivraq's answers. Thanks to everyone for their valuable answers :) . I tried to search answer for my requirement but couldnt find it thats why created account so that i can ask. So i need to know about skipping element quickly if its not found. I m running imacros with "Slow" speed but this also slows down the imacros overall speed because when element not found it takes "10 seconds" to skip it. I want to know how to reduce the time of skipping lines from 10 seconds to anything lower? Is it possible to give it custom time like 1 or 2 seconds wait then skip?

Thanks in advance
chivracq

Re: How to skip line quickly if element not found?

Post by chivracq » Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:02 pm

jack1 wrote:Hi,

I am using imacros successfully to automate my tasks. I m currently using firefox 47 with imacros version 8.9.7 on windows. All my automation works perfectly fine. This forum has helped me alot especially chivraq's answers. Thanks to everyone for their valuable answers :) . I tried to search answer for my requirement but couldnt find it thats why created account so that i can ask. So i need to know about skipping element quickly if its not found. I m running imacros with "Slow" speed but this also slows down the imacros overall speed because when element not found it takes "10 seconds" to skip it. I want to know how to reduce the time of skipping lines from 10 seconds to anything lower? Is it possible to give it custom time like 1 or 2 seconds wait then skip?

Thanks in advance
=> FCI:

Code: Select all

iMacros for FF v8.9.7, FF47. (OS missing...)
v8.9.7 for FF works until FF56 btw, if you ever want to update your FF to some a bit later Version... (I have it on FF v55.0.3 myself for example...)
But if you ever update FF to FF57(+) (current/latest Version is FF63 I think), then you'll need to update iMacros to v10.0.2 which is not Free anymore (well, 2 Versions: 'Free' + 'PE'), and a lot of Functionality from v8.9.7 is not supported anymore/yet, like '.js' Scripts and the 'EVENT' Mode for example, even in the paid 'PE' Version...

But yep, concerning your Qt, use '!ERRORIGNORE' that you probably already use I guess, (unless all your 'TAG' Statements use the 'EXTRACT' Parameter...), and shorten '!TIMEOUT_STEP' to "1" or even "0"... (Default Value is "6" (Seconds)...) :idea:

The "Principle" btw is the same for all Browsers and all Versions of iMacros and is "Standard" iMacros Functionality, it is not specific to iMacros for FF... (=> You could have opened your Thread in the 'General' Sub-Forum... :wink: )
Last edited by chivracq on Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
jack1

Re: How to skip line quickly if element not found?

Post by jack1 » Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:29 pm

chivracq wrote: => FCI:

Code: Select all

iMacros for FF v8.9.7, FF47. (OS missing...)
v8.9.7 for FF works until FF56 btw, if you ever want to update your FF to some a bit later Version... (I have it on FF v55.0.3 myself for example...)
But if you ever update FF to FF57(+) (current/latest Version is FF63 I think), then you'll need to update iMacros to v10.0.2 which is not Free anymore (well, 2 Versions: 'Free' + 'PE'), and a lot of Functionality from v8.9.7 is not supported anymore/yet, like '.js' Scripts and the 'EVENT' Mode for example, even in the paid 'PE' Version...

But yep, concerning your Qt, use '!ERRORIGNORE' that you probably already use I guess, 9unless all your 'TAG' Statements use the 'EXTRACT' Parameter...), and shorten '!TIMEOUT_STEP' to "1" or even "0"... (Default Value is "6" (Seconds)...) :idea:

The "Principle" btw is the same for all Browsers and all Versions of iMacros and is "Standard" iMacros Functionality, it is not specific to iMacros for FF... (=> You could have opened your Thread in the 'General' Sub-Forum... :wink: )
Thank you so much. It was perfect solution. Btw i knew 8.9.7 was working upto FF56 but i was afraid to use it due to the fear that it may end up messing my automations because its not officially available for anything above 48. Now that expert like u is using it on FF 55 then i will definitely update my browser. I was also tired of using 47 version because it was too much outdated.