How to load images from Windows Explorer

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros Firefox add-on.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
gtmex

How to load images from Windows Explorer

Post by gtmex » Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:07 am

Hi all. I am new to imacros and in this forum but I hope to be a valuable member with the passage of time.

I am generating an imacros for my wordpress, but I have a problem. Imacros follows the recorded steps to the point of loading an image:

But then you can not select the image when the Windows selector opens:

How can I get imacros to select an image and click on the Windows button of "Load" or "Open" (I do not remember what the button says).

Thanks friends
chivracq

Re: How to load images from Windows Explorer

Post by chivracq » Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:30 am

gtmex wrote:Hi all. I am new to imacros and in this forum but I hope to be a valuable member with the passage of time.

I am generating an imacros for my wordpress, but I have a problem. Imacros follows the recorded steps to the point of loading an image:

But then you can not select the image when the Windows selector opens:

How can I get imacros to select an image and click on the Windows button of "Load" or "Open" (I do not remember what the button says).

Thanks friends
Hum..., Post approved because looking "Legit" to me, but it's not "a good Idea" to register to our Forum through a Proxy, I rarely approve Posts from Users hiding behind a Proxy (or VPN) as those IP's are usually (or will become) "dirty" as they get also used by Spammers, so there is a "chance" that that IP still might get banned in the future if any Spammer(s) tries/try to spam the Forum through that same IP-Address, and that all Accounts associated with that same IP might get deleted... :idea:

Posting in the 'iMacros for FF' Sub-Forum, but you don't mention your FCI...! :roll:
=> FCIM...! :mrgreen: (Read my Sig...)
And if using v10.0.2 for FF, mention also if you are using the 'Free' or 'PE' Version, with the 'FIO' Module installed for Local File Access...?

But I think anyway that File Upload was not supported in iMacros for FF v10.0.2.1450, even with the 'PE' Version... ('PE' = 'Personal Edition'), mentioned in the Release Notes, I think...

Hum, and using external Image Hosting Sites is not "a good Idea" either, you can better upload your Screenshot directly to the Forum, as all those Sites one day stop existing or become commercial or from time to time clean up their Servers and delete older Content, which renders Threads on the Forum a bit useless with empty/missing Images... :idea:
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
gtmex

Post by gtmex » Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:59 am

Hi, thank you, I think I've made several mistakes, I'm sorry. I will try to correct them. I didn't find the forum attachment loading system and now I see that I didn't pay attention.

First my ROI:

iMacros:
8.8.7.1-signed
Browser:
Palemoon 26.5.0 (x86)

I use this version of images because Palemoon is the lightest browser I have found and does not support higher versions.

Thanks for the help

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:24 pm

gtmex wrote:Hi, thank you, I think I've made several mistakes, I'm sorry. I will try to correct them. I didn't find the forum attachment loading system and now I see that I didn't pay attention.

First my ROI:

Code: Select all

iMacros:
8.8.7.1-signed
Browser:
Palemoon 26.5.0 (x86) 
I use this version of images because Palemoon is the lightest browser I have found and does not support higher versions.

Thanks for the help

Translated with http://www.DeepL.com/Translator
OK, that's already a bit "better", I usually don't even read the Qt if FCI is not mentioned, and certainly not answer, only once for new Users posting for the first time...

Well, nothing "wrong" with your FCI (= 'Full Config Info), or "ROI" like you call it, even if I'm not completely sure what "ROI" stands for, it means "Return On Investment" for me, which sounds quite funny actually in combination with iMacros and especially the Free Versions of the Add-on.
But yep, v8.8.7 is indeed a perfectly "Legit" to use, on PM v25.5.0, I myself use an even a bit older Version, v8.8.2 for FF, and also on Pale Moon, PM v26.3.3.
There is a way to install v8.9.7 on PM, v26 and v27, but iMacros for FF v8.8.7 on PM26 is perfectly fine.

And then OK, the Limitation I mentioned about File Upload not being supported on v10.0.2 for FF doesn't apply, good...

But hum, you didn't post any Script..., is iMacros able to record a Script when you try to select and upload some File, either using the 'TAG' and or the 'EVENT' Mode with that 'Select Files' Button I can see from your Screenshot, or using a Drag&Drop Mouse Action maybe recorded using the 'EVENT' Mode...?

But if that File Upload Module is in Flash, which is pretty common with such Modules, then only the 'DS' Mode on iMB (the iMacros Browser) or IE is able to automate Actions on Flash Objects. That Functionality is not supported on FF and CR.
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...