Set Command To Make A Form Dirty??

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros for Chrome extension.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
Imneater

Set Command To Make A Form Dirty??

Post by Imneater » Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:54 pm

Browser Version:
Google Chrome is up to date
Version 70.0.3538.110 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Win 10 Enterprise
Version 1803
OS Build 17134.345

In Imacros for Chrome: A situation exists where a form must be declared !Dirty before the SAVE BUTTON can be tagged and selected. Is there a SET command in IMacros to mark the form dirty?
Example: When inspecting the save button enables it shows: <formclass= ng-tns-c9-2 ng touched ng-dirty ng-valid "no validate> == 0
This state must be met before the SAVE Button will go active using the macro recorder.
The macro recorder will fill the entire form perefectly, but the state is "PRISTINE" so the form won't enable the SAVE button and proceed to the next web page.

Any suggestions in Imacros for Chrome? Thanks in advance.
chivracq

Re: Set Command To Make A Form Dirty??

Post by chivracq » Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:33 am

Imneater wrote:

Code: Select all

Browser Version:
Google Chrome is up to date
Version 70.0.3538.110 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Win 10 Enterprise
Version 1803
OS Build 17134.345
In Imacros for Chrome: A situation exists where a form must be declared !Dirty before the SAVE BUTTON can be tagged and selected. Is there a SET command in IMacros to mark the form dirty?
Example: When inspecting the save button enables it shows: <formclass= ng-tns-c9-2 ng touched ng-dirty ng-valid "no validate> == 0
This state must be met before the SAVE Button will go active using the macro recorder.
The macro recorder will fill the entire form perefectly, but the state is "PRISTINE" so the form won't enable the SAVE button and proceed to the next web page.

Any suggestions in Imacros for Chrome? Thanks in advance.
iMacros Version is missing from your FCI...
=> Will be v10.0.5, 'Free'/'PE', I reckon...?

Well, try using the 'EVENT' Mode, at least for the last Field to fill in on the Form, or to add a few "fake" Clicks on the Form... :idea:

Or you can use the 'URL GOTO=javascript:' Syntax with the JS Functions 'setAttribute()' or 'className()'...
More Info in this Thread and this Thread on SOF... :idea:
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
Imneater

Post by Imneater » Tue Nov 27, 2018 2:00 pm

Thanks. Trying both. Will post results.
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Tue Nov 27, 2018 2:40 pm

Imneater wrote:Thanks. Trying both. Will post results.
OK, I'll be "interested" indeed by the "Results"... And "good luck"... :wink:

The 'EVENT' Mode "does the trick" normally, or used to do the trick..., but since a while we've had some "Reports" about some Sites where that doesn't work anymore, probably from some new Trick/Technique from Web-Developers to prevent that..., Web-Automation has always been a bit of a "Cat and Mouse Game" with Web-Developers who want to prevent their Sites from being automated or scrapped..., but I would need some URL to have a look myself...
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...