i need imacros for Firefox 9.0.3

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros Firefox add-on.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
jtapay

i need imacros for Firefox 9.0.3

Post by jtapay » Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:55 pm

where can i download older version of imacros??? im currently using older version of Firefox now version 55.0 and i need a version of imacros that's compatible to this., PLEASE HELP., i cant upgrade for reason that my macros will not work on newer versions., thnx.,
chivracq

Re: i need imacros for Firefox 9.0.3

Post by chivracq » Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:38 pm

jtapay wrote:where can i download older version of imacros??? im currently using older version of Firefox now version 55.0 and i need a version of imacros that's compatible to this., PLEASE HELP., i cant upgrade for reason that my macros will not work on newer versions., thnx.,
Yeah...!, you are the 2nd User already today, as you can see from this Thread, it looks like Ipswitch have managed to get the complete Mozilla Add-ons Archive for iMacros remove all previous Versions of iMacros for FF... + are actively "chasing" all Download Sites on Internet to prevent Users from downloading any of the previous Versions, to force Users to use only the commercial v10.0.2 Version... :shock:

But the User from that other Thread still managed to find v8.9.7 for FF "somewhere" on Internet... :idea:
Well, good luck, and don't post the Link... :wink:

v8.9.7 for FF is btw recommended rather than v9.0.3..., both work indeed on FF v55.0.3. :idea:
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
jtapay

Post by jtapay » Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:46 pm

the problem is firefox is prenveting me to install the older version v8.9.7 :( i already tried to edit xpinstall.signatures.required to false., but still the same :( why they remove it :(
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:03 pm

jtapay wrote:the problem is firefox is prenveting me to install the older version v8.9.7 :( i already tried to edit xpinstall.signatures.required to false., but still the same :( why they remove it :(
Yeah, "why they remove[d] it...", Money-Money, I guess, see my "Rant" in the other Thread...

But, yes-yes, v8.9.7 does work on FF v55.0.3, I use it myself... 8)
+ 2 other Settings you might need to modify in 'about:config':
- extensions.checkCompatibility;false
- extensions.strictCompatibility;false
(Or you can use the 'checkCompatibility' FF Add-on...)

... And simply drag&drop the '.xpi' File onto the 'Add-ons Manager' FF Page... 8)
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
jtapay

Post by jtapay » Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:28 pm

is it possible to copy the add on from another computer? because i still have 9.0.3 on another computer., thanks for the help.
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:50 pm

jtapay wrote:is it possible to copy the add on from another computer? because i still have 9.0.3 on another computer., thanks for the help.
Yep, FF completely closed on both Computers, you can copy the whole Directory

Code: Select all

C:\Users\chivracq\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\yy8yzhlq.default\extensions\{81BF1D23-5F17-408D-AC6B-BD6DF7CAF670}
... from one Computer into the corresponding Profile onto the Target Computer, and restart FF... That should work... (And make sure to disable all Add-on Updates on the Target PC... => Disable Updates for iMacros, and then you can re-enable Updates for all Add-ons...)
jtapay

Post by jtapay » Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:38 pm

Deym for god sake your my ANGEL :) hahahah., thanks dis solves my problem., :) hahahah
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:53 pm

jtapay wrote:Deym for god sake your my ANGEL :) hahahah., thanks dis solves my problem., :) hahahah
Ah-ah...!, good to hear... :D

And make sure to keep a Backup of this complete Directory, if you ever need to reinstall it, on the same or on some other PC... :idea:
You can actually zip that whole Directly, and change the '.zip' File Extension to '.xpi', and you have the "original" '.xpi' Add-on like when you download it from the Mozilla Gallery... 8)
Tom, Tech Support

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:26 pm

chivracq wrote:it looks like Ipswitch have managed to get the complete Mozilla Add-ons Archive for iMacros remove all previous Versions of iMacros for FF... + are actively "chasing" all Download Sites on Internet to prevent Users from downloading any of the previous Versions, to force Users to use only the commercial v10.0.2 Version... :shock:
chivracq, this simply is not true. This was a move by Mozilla and has nothing to do with Ipswitch. You can read more about it in the post I made here.
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:31 pm

Tom, Tech Support wrote:
chivracq wrote:it looks like Ipswitch have managed to get the complete Mozilla Add-ons Archive for iMacros remove all previous Versions of iMacros for FF... + are actively "chasing" all Download Sites on Internet to prevent Users from downloading any of the previous Versions, to force Users to use only the commercial v10.0.2 Version... :shock:
chivracq, this simply is not true. This was a move by Mozilla and has nothing to do with Ipswitch. You can read more about it in the post I made here.
Yeah-yeah..., I saw your Post/Thread and replied in it... Nicely solved now, with the few "useful" Legacy Versions for FF available from the 'Version History' Page... :D