ERRORIGNORE failing

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros Firefox add-on.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
cstover

ERRORIGNORE failing

Post by cstover » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:23 pm

I recently upgraded to the personal version of Imacros and am having issues running some of my previously working macros.

The current issue is that ERRORIGNORE is no longer working and the macros stop when they encounter errors. Are there new incompatibilities with !ERRORIGNORE now?

Below is the snippet where I am selecting an item from a menu if available.

Code: Select all

SET !ERRORIGNORE YES
TAG POS=1 TYPE=SELECT FORM=ID:ProductEditForm ATTR=NAME:data[Product][Market][] CONTENT=%42
SET !ERRORIGNORE NO
Previously when this macro ran, if the option was not available it would skip through and progress. Now when running i get this error.
RuntimeError: Entry [42] not available [Box has 1 entries], line: 25

How do i enable ERRORIGNORE to work again so i can have more dynamic macros?
chivracq

Re: ERRORIGNORE failing

Post by chivracq » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:06 am

cstover wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:23 pm
I recently upgraded to the personal version of Imacros and am having issues running some of my previously working macros.

The current issue is that ERRORIGNORE is no longer working and the macros stop when they encounter errors. Are there new incompatibilities with !ERRORIGNORE now?

Below is the snippet where I am selecting an item from a menu if available.

SET !ERRORIGNORE YES
TAG POS=1 TYPE=SELECT FORM=ID:ProductEditForm ATTR=NAME:data[Product][Market][] CONTENT=%42
SET !ERRORIGNORE NO
Previously when this macro ran, if the option was not available it would skip through and progress. Now when running i get this error.
RuntimeError: Entry [42] not available [Box has 1 entries], line: 25

How do i enable ERRORIGNORE to work again so i can have more dynamic macros?
FCIM...! :mrgreen: (Read my Sig...)
=> iMacros for FF v10.0.2 'PE', FF63...?, OS...?
(And you could also have mentioned from which Version(s) (iMacros + FF Version) you upgraded..., will probably be v8.9.7 or v9.0.3 on around FF55, I reckon...)

Hum, sounds like a Bug to me, but I had indeed found out during the Beta-Testing Phase for v10.0.2 for FF that '!ERRORIGNORE' was not always behaving like expected and like in the previous Versions... But you now have an "extra Level" of '!ERRORIGNORE' in the General Options for v10.0.2 in the form of a CheckBox to "ignore Errors from Commands not supported anymore", maybe that Setting will help...? :idea:

If that Setting doesn't help, as a Workaround until that Issue gets fixed in some later Release, it would be possible to first check if that specific "42" Value does exist indeed in the DDLB before selecting it, using 'EVAL()'. :idea:
See the following Thread where I had demonstrated the Principle (to dynamically count and select the last Option in a DDLB) that can fairly easily be adapted for your specific Need...:
- Re: Number of Options in a Select tag
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
cstover

Post by cstover » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:28 pm

Thanks, I will check out the work around you posted, but if possible would need to get ERRORIGNORE working as other macros we use are having the same issue but are selecting dynamic text.

Here is the additional information.

iMacros Personal edition + FF plugin v10.0.2.1450
Browser: FireFox v 64.0 (64bit)

I am not sure what the previous version we upgraded from was
iMacros Firefox plugin free v?
Browser: FireFox v ?
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:09 am

cstover wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:28 pm
Thanks, I will check out the work around you posted, but if possible would need to get ERRORIGNORE working as other macros we use are having the same issue but are selecting dynamic text.

Here is the additional information.

iMacros  Personal edition + FF plugin v10.0.2.1450
Browser: FireFox v 64.0 (64bit)
I am not sure what the previous version we upgraded from was

iMacros  Firefox plugin free v?
Browser: FireFox v ?
OK, perfect for FCI + FCI..., but hum, don't worry too much about the "previous" Version(s), I already know you are "right"... :cry:

Check my Sug asap I would say, takes less than 1 min to check it, and "now" is a good time, TechSup very present on the Forum and very reactive "at this moment", won't last long, they usually spend Max 1Hr on the Forum per week, just saying..., or you'll get your Answer in 3 weeks otherwise if TechSup's Help is needed... :idea:

And for a next time, I would say, simply react to the Content of what I said and the Content of my previous Post and Sug(s), no need to say "I saw your Post and will post when I will have had the time to test your Sug", [Status='Pissed-Off'=ON] sorry but I won't even react next time otherwise if I need to book an Appointment for you to test my Sug..., a bit stupid sorry, you are the one asking for Help on the Forum...[Status='Pissed-Off'='OFF] :wink:

[Not at your Service here...! :roll: (No hard Feeling, don't get upset...!, I'm still your "Best Friend", well, on the Forum, I mean...! :wink: ]

But Thanks for the Follow-up, you are doing perfect on that part :D , I don't want to sound too harsh... :oops:
=> Just saying that testing my Sug would have taken less than the 1-2min you needed to post your previous Post, understand...?, or "capish"-whatever...!? :wink:

STILL WAITING FOR THE RESULT(s) btw...!? :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:

Takes less than 10 sec to click in some CB in the General Options and run your Script again... :roll:

"but if possible would need to get ERRORIGNORE working"
=> Yeah, completely agree, but you should have been "there" during the Beta-Testing for v10.0.2 for FF then, I was the only one more or less testing that Version and "complaining" about '!ERRORIGNORE' not working "as expected" (by me)... Be happy I got you that CB for that extra Level of '!ERRORIGNORE', I had to go "on strike" to get it implemented, ah-ah...!, I could have used some "Support" at that time instead of being the only "Black Sheep" who didn't want to go to the Slaughterhouse directly without Thinking... 8)
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
cstover

Post by cstover » Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:09 pm

chivracq wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:09 am
OK, perfect for FCI + FCI..., but hum, don't worry too much about the "previous" Version(s), I already know you are "right"... :cry:

Check my Sug asap I would say, takes less than 1 min to check it, and "now" is a good time, TechSup very present on the Forum and very reactive "at this moment", won't last long, they usually spend Max 1Hr on the Forum per week, just saying..., or you'll get your Answer in 3 weeks otherwise if TechSup's Help is needed... :idea:

And for a next time, I would say, simply react to the Content of what I said and the Content of my previous Post and Sug(s), no need to say "I saw your Post and will post when I will have had the time to test your Sug", [Status='Pissed-Off'=ON] sorry but I won't even react next time otherwise if I need to book an Appointment for you to test my Sug..., a bit stupid sorry, you are the one asking for Help on the Forum...[Status='Pissed-Off'='OFF] :wink:

[Not at your Service here...! :roll: (No hard Feeling, don't get upset...!, I'm still your "Best Friend", well, on the Forum, I mean...! :wink: ]

But Thanks for the Follow-up, you are doing perfect on that part :D , I don't want to sound too harsh... :oops:
=> Just saying that testing my Sug would have taken less than the 1-2min you needed to post your previous Post, understand...?, or "capish"-whatever...!? :wink:

STILL WAITING FOR THE RESULT(s) btw...!? :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:

Takes less than 10 sec to click in some CB in the General Options and run your Script again... :roll:

"but if possible would need to get ERRORIGNORE working"
=> Yeah, completely agree, but you should have been "there" during the Beta-Testing for v10.0.2 for FF then, I was the only one more or less testing that Version and "complaining" about '!ERRORIGNORE' not working "as expected" (by me)... Be happy I got you that CB for that extra Level of '!ERRORIGNORE', I had to go "on strike" to get it implemented, ah-ah...!, I could have used some "Support" at that time instead of being the only "Black Sheep" who didn't want to go to the Slaughterhouse directly without Thinking... 8)
Sorry for the delay, I don't have access to this computer with the Imacros license every day and was trying to understand your alternate solution. I do not have a lot of programming experience so was trying to learn it.

For the first solution, I see the option in the setting "Ignore unsupported command errors" but there are selections before and after this section of the macro that must have error handling. If the option isn't selected correctly the macro needs to stop. If I check that will it disable ERRORIGNORE for the whole macro as it runs?

Here are some more details around the html of what i am selecting as maybe your alternate solution could work but i don't know enough to modify.

Here is the working setup. The macro works if this is the case and selects value 42 then progresses through the macro.

<select class="selected_list" multiple="multiple" name="data[Product][Market][]">
	<option value="1" data-text="test1 [1]">
		test1 [3]
	</option>
	<option value="42" data-text="test2 [42]">
		test2 [42]
	</option>
</select>
Here is the simplest form of where i am having issues. Value 42 is missing and can't be selected.

<select class="selected_list" multiple="multiple" name="data[Product][Market][]">
		test1 [3]
	</option>
</select>
Not sure if this modifies the possible solution but the the list within the select can have multiple options in any order.

<option value="200" data-text="test1 [200]" style="display: block;">
		test1 [200]
	</option>
	<option value="350" data-text="test3 [350]" style="display: block;">
		test3 [350]
	</option>
	<option value="353" data-text="test4 [353]" style="display: block;">
		test4 [353]
	</option>
	<option value="348" data-text="test2 [348]" style="display: block;">
		test2 [348]
	</option>
	<option value="3" data-text="test5 [3]">
		test5 [3]
	</option>
	<option value="42" data-text="test6 [42]">
		test6 [42]
	</option>
</select>

**Update - I toggled the playback speed and it starting working when playing in slow. I switched it back to fast and it displays the runtime error but no longer stops the macro and breaks. Was there a patch or something that went out? I think i still need a solution to this as i am unsure if this is a temp fix.
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:01 pm

cstover wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:09 pm
Sorry for the delay, I don't have access to this computer with the Imacros license every day and was trying to understand your alternate solution. I do not have a lot of programming experience so was trying to learn it.

For the first solution, I see the option in the setting "Ignore unsupported command errors" but there are selections before and after this section of the macro that must have error handling. If the option isn't selected correctly the macro needs to stop. If I check that will it disable ERRORIGNORE for the whole macro as it runs?

Here are some more details around the html of what i am selecting as maybe your alternate solution could work but i don't know enough to modify.

Here is the working setup. The macro works if this is the case and selects value 42 then progresses through the macro.

test1 [3]
	</option>
	<option value="42" data-text="test2 [42]">
		test2 [42]
	</option>
</select>
Here is the simplest form of where i am having issues. Value 42 is missing and can't be selected.

test1 [3]
	</option>
</select>
Not sure if this modifies the possible solution but the the list within the select can have multiple options in any order.

<option value="200" data-text="test1 [200]" style="display: block;">
		test1 [200]
	</option>
	<option value="350" data-text="test3 [350]" style="display: block;">
		test3 [350]
	</option>
	<option value="353" data-text="test4 [353]" style="display: block;">
		test4 [353]
	</option>
	<option value="348" data-text="test2 [348]" style="display: block;">
		test2 [348]
	</option>
	<option value="3" data-text="test5 [3]">
		test5 [3]
	</option>
	<option value="42" data-text="test6 [42]">
		test6 [42]
	</option>
</select>

**Update - I toggled the playback speed and it starting working when playing in slow. I switched it back to fast and it displays the runtime error but no longer stops the macro and breaks. Was there a patch or something that went out? I think i still need a solution to this as i am unsure if this is a temp fix.
Hum, I was a bit "upset" in my last Reply, ah-ah...!, oops, sorry about that... :wink:

But hum, not complicated to select that Option and to try it..., and of course '!ERRORIGNORE' still keeps working with 'YES' and 'NO'... That would be the easiest Solution if that works...

And OK, you mention the Macro Speed, and indeed, that can play a role especially with DDLB's that are dynamically populated upon selecting from some previous DDLB... URL not posted, then I couldn't have a look at your Site... Then, yep, you can "play" indeed with '!REPLAYSPEED' + some mini-'WAIT' Statement, and even I think newly implemented in v10.0.2 for FF, '!PLAYBACKDELAY'... They all 3 do a bit the same...
(And nope, there was no recent Update, afaik at least..., one should be coming soon for CR I think, but I haven't "heard" anything about FF yet...)

And concerning my "safe" alternative Solution, to only select that '[42]' Entry if it exists, then yep, you would need to extract (=TXT or =HTM) that whole "name="data[Product][Market][]"" DDLB and to check with 'EVAL()' if the String "[42]" is contained in the 'EXTRACT=HTM', to then dynamically compute a "1"/"0" for example to use on the 'POS=n', with '!ERRORIGNORE' of course for the 'POS=0' Case...