Issue input text field with attribute im-insert, or placeholder

Support for iMacros. The iMacros software is the unique solution for automating every activity inside a web browser, for data extraction and web testing.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
GORDON8

Issue input text field with attribute im-insert, or placeholder

Post by GORDON8 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:24 pm

Hello, i came across a issue that the data is not posting into a input text box and I'm assuming it is the attribute im-insert. Below is the element copied directly.

<input id="expiryDate.year" name="expiryDate.year" class="number" type="text" value="" size="5" maxlength="4" im-insert="true" placeholder="">

Backround info...
-I recorded a macro and entered a date 2020 then checked the Checkbox.
-Ran the macro, and it selected the input text box but did NOT enter the value, but it did check the check box

Windows Server 2012, IE 11, Imacros 10

This is the checkbox element:
<input id="registrationVersion.properties.perfectionInAnotherJurisdiction1" name="registrationVersion.properties.perfectionInAnotherJurisdiction" type="checkbox" value="true">

This is the imacro code:
VERSION BUILD=10022823
TAB T=1
TAB CLOSEALLOTHERS
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:SUBMIT FORM=ACTION:/ppr/registration/new/ ATTR=NAME:generalInformation
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT ATTR=NAME:expiryDate.year CONTENT=2020
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:CHECKBOX FORM=ACTION:/ppr/registration/new/ ATTR=NAME:registrationVersion.properties.perfectionInAnotherJurisdiction CONTENT=YES

TIA..Gordon
chivracq

Re: Issue input text field with attribute im-insert, or placeholder

Post by chivracq » Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:36 am

GORDON8 wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:24 pm
Hello, i came across a issue that the data is not posting into a input text box and I'm assuming it is the attribute im-insert. Below is the element copied directly.

Code: Select all

<input id="expiryDate.year" name="expiryDate.year" class="number" type="text" value="" size="5" maxlength="4" im-insert="true" placeholder="">
Backround info...
-I recorded a macro and entered a date 2020 then checked the Checkbox.
-Ran the macro, and it selected the input text box but did NOT enter the value, but it did check the check box

Windows Server 2012, IE 11, Imacros 10
This is the checkbox element:

<input id="registrationVersion.properties.perfectionInAnotherJurisdiction1" name="registrationVersion.properties.perfectionInAnotherJurisdiction" type="checkbox" value="true">
This is the imacro code:

VERSION BUILD=10022823
TAB T=1
TAB CLOSEALLOTHERS
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:SUBMIT FORM=ACTION:/ppr/registration/new/ ATTR=NAME:generalInformation
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT ATTR=NAME:expiryDate.year CONTENT=2020
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:CHECKBOX FORM=ACTION:/ppr/registration/new/ ATTR=NAME:registrationVersion.properties.perfectionInAnotherJurisdiction CONTENT=YES
TIA..Gordon
You could try using the 'EVENT' Mode, but it was not implemented yet in iMB v10.0.2 that you are using...

Then try changing or removing this 'im-insert' Attribute using the 'URL GOTO=javascript:' Syntax... :idea:
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE').
- I don't even read the Qt if that (required) Info is not mentioned...!
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...