Interested to learn how people are using iMacros!

Support for iMacros. The iMacros software is the unique solution for automating every activity inside a web browser, for data extraction and web testing.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information:CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
zihua

Interested to learn how people are using iMacros!

Post by zihua » Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:27 pm

Hey guys,

I'm a university student studying computer science at Stanford University (USA). I've recently been reading a lot about automation solutions (like RPA) and web automation tools like iMacro! I'm super intrigued as to what problems you guys here are solving with iMacro. I'm doing this for a research project at Stanford and would absolutely love your inputs!

Thank you so much! :D :D
chivracq

Re: Interested to learn how people are using iMacros!

Post by chivracq » Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:54 pm

zihua wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:27 pm
Hey guys,

I'm a university student studying computer science at Stanford University (USA). I've recently been reading a lot about automation solutions (like RPA) and web automation tools like iMacro! I'm super intrigued as to what problems you guys here are solving with iMacro. I'm doing this for a research project at Stanford and would absolutely love your inputs!

Thank you so much! :D :D
+ Quoting your 2nd Post that I am going to disapprove as Duplicate, belongs to this current Thread...:
Is there a way to direct message haha?
Posted by zihua » 11/04/2019 - 00:33

Hi guys,

I'm a university student studying computer science at Stanford University (USA). I've been reading a lot about web automation like iMacro. I'm wondering if there is a way I can direct message another person on the forum?

With that said, dear Mr. chivracq (who is most definitely going to review this post), I would love to hear your thoughts and ask you some questions regarding your experience of using iMacros! I read your post on 2018/2019 state of iMacros and the future and I'm really excited to share with you what I have in mind about AI (my major) and browser automation! I'd love to get in touch with you through email or even jump on a short phone call. Please reach me at zliu19@stanford.edu! I'm super looking forward to talking with you!

Thank you so much! :D
Welcome-welcome, interesting Qt, ah-ah...! :D

"Is there a way to direct message haha?"
=> Nope, not really, unless Users have posted an E-mail Address in their Sig/Profile or posted some 'Skype'/'Yahoo Messenger'/'IRC' Info in their Profile to contact them... (PM is disabled on the Forum...)

Interesting Qt then, I would say..., but hum, I would say your "first Formulation" is a bit "vague" and "too broad"... :o

Read a bit of Documentation, and a few Threads on the Forum, and yep, the Thread you mention where I "ventilated" already a few of my "Thoughts" about the Future of iMacros is indeed already a good "starting point" (you can post in that Thread if you want...), but I would first hear/read from you what you "have in mind" and that you define/narrow a bit the "Scope" of your Research, before giving you my E-mail Address (and I don't like Phone anyway, ah-ah...!)

And I'll probably prefer a "public" Conversation on the Forum anyway, I reckon... Well, unless you want/need to keep some part(s) a bit "undisclosed" until you use/publish it/them for your own Research... 8)
- (F)CIM = (Full) Config Info Missing: iMacros + Browser + OS with all 3 Versions...
- I usually don't even read the Question if that (required) Info is not mentioned...
- Script & URL usually help a lot for a more "educated" Help...
zihua

Post by zihua » Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:33 pm

Hello good sir, thanks for the reply!

Re taking this discussion private: no no... In fact the more people participate in the conversation the better! I really want to learn everything I can. Just thought that calling might be the best realtime/time-efficient communication. But if anyone wants to reach out to me my email is in the post above. Love to have any conversation!

Re scope of my research: it's pretty open-ended and it's pretty public. On a high level, I want to learn who is really using iMacros and why. to be more concrete, here are some top of mind questions for me:
  • Are people using iMacro for work or for leisure?
  • If it is used for work, what kind of problems are iMacros solving for users? What kind of jobs requires such automations? How big a portion is "automating tasks" for this job?
  • How do people think about "Kantu" or even RPA solutions like UiPath?
Another interesting observation I had while looking at some threads here is that most of the questions fall in the following "archetype":
  • Command X doesn't work/yields error Y
  • Request for feature Z
  • How to use feature A?
I thought I was going to see more of "Can I do Task T with iMacro?". The feeling I have while browsing the forum is like reading GitHub issues or StackOverflow instead of Quora if that makes any sense (not that there are any problems, I love developer community)? I reckon that most people here are actually developers, which makes me even more curious: what are developers using iMacro for? are they automating for someone else? etc. etc.

Hope this provides a little clearer context on what I'm looking for?
Thanks!
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Fri Apr 12, 2019 5:05 pm

zihua wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:33 pm
Hello good sir, thanks for the reply!

Re taking this discussion private: no no... In fact the more people participate in the conversation the better! I really want to learn everything I can. Just thought that calling might be the best realtime/time-efficient communication. But if anyone wants to reach out to me my email is in the post above. Love to have any conversation!

Re scope of my research: it's pretty open-ended and it's pretty public. On a high level, I want to learn who is really using iMacros and why. to be more concrete, here are some top of mind questions for me:
  • Are people using iMacro for work or for leisure?
  • If it is used for work, what kind of problems are iMacros solving for users? What kind of jobs requires such automations? How big a portion is "automating tasks" for this job?
  • How do people think about "Kantu" or even RPA solutions like UiPath?
Another interesting observation I had while looking at some threads here is that most of the questions fall in the following "archetype":
  • Command X doesn't work/yields error Y
  • Request for feature Z
  • How to use feature A?
I thought I was going to see more of "Can I do Task T with iMacro?". The feeling I have while browsing the forum is like reading GitHub issues or StackOverflow instead of Quora if that makes any sense (not that there are any problems, I love developer community)? I reckon that most people here are actually developers, which makes me even more curious: what are developers using iMacro for? are they automating for someone else? etc. etc.

Hope this provides a little clearer context on what I'm looking for?
Thanks!
Yep, sorry, I see you checking your Thread, I didn't have the "time" to reply to your last Post, as my "Answer" will have to be a bit "lengthy"..., and I'm a bit "busy" this week, probably until Sunday... :wink:
- (F)CIM = (Full) Config Info Missing: iMacros + Browser + OS with all 3 Versions...
- I usually don't even read the Question if that (required) Info is not mentioned...
zihua

Post by zihua » Fri Apr 12, 2019 5:07 pm

No Problem! Take your time haha!
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Sun May 12, 2019 8:42 pm

Some probably "fake" Post/Reply from some new User probably only trying to pass Forum Approval... :wink:
(Very dirty IP, notorious for Spam, from behind a Proxy... (I'm nearly surprised they managed to register to the Forum from that dirty IP, ah-ah...!))
Post disapproved as I don't want to grant them Access to the Forum, but I'm still posting/quoting their Post on their behalf:
Posted by violetevergarden » 12/05/2019 - 21:46

i personally use it for work and it really helps me a lot and i would really like to know what others use it why and how! thanks for keeping it public.