Start Firefox with VBS

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros Firefox add-on.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
fokker70

Start Firefox with VBS

Post by fokker70 » Sun Feb 07, 2016 6:33 pm

Does anyone knows why the Firefox wont start play the iim-file throughout the scripting interface?
I am running iMacros v.10 (Enterprise edition), Firefox v. 43.0.4 and Imacros for Firefox v. 8.9.6 (together with Win 7, 64 bit)
Firefox opens, iMacros sidebar on the left hand side with all iim-files, but nothing happens. All .iim file in right folder.
???
Are there compability issues between versions?

For example below .vbs wont start/execute the "current.iim" file.

Dim ws
Set ws = Wscript.CreateObject("Wscript.Shell")
ws.Run "C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe imacros://run/?m=Current.iim"

I would really appreciate help here...thanks :)
chivracq

Re: Start Firefox with VBS

Post by chivracq » Sun Feb 07, 2016 8:53 pm

fokker70 wrote:Does anyone knows why the Firefox wont start play the iim-file throughout the scripting interface?
I am running

Code: Select all

iMacros v.10 (Enterprise edition), Firefox v. 43.0.4 and Imacros for Firefox v. 8.9.6 (together with Win 7, 64 bit)
Firefox opens, iMacros sidebar on the left hand side with all iim-files, but nothing happens. All .iim file in right folder.
???
Are there compability issues between versions?

For example below .vbs wont start/execute the "current.iim" file.

Dim ws
 Set ws = Wscript.CreateObject("Wscript.Shell")
 ws.Run "C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe imacros://run/?m=Current.iim"
I would really appreciate help here...thanks :)
Hum, no real need to duplicate your Posts, I don't use the Scripting Interface nor VBS of course, that's why I didn't react to your previous Post a few days ago...

But hum, my 2 cents, or maybe 4 cts...:
- On my iMacros for FF Install, there is no 'Current.iim' Macro, only a '#Current.iim' Macro... :?:

- In '.js' Scripts, the Backslashes in the Path are seen as Escape Chars and need to be doubled, maybe that plays a role in '.vbs' Scripts as well... :?:

- Hum, and one more, this is what I use(d) for a .BAT File (was on WinXP, but that corresponds with your x64 Bits on Win7):

"C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe" imacros://run/?m="#Current.iim"
=> The (first) Double Quotes are only for the FF .EXE, the 'imacros' Argument is outside...

- Stg that could play a role as well is 32/64 Bits, you do have 32/64 Bits Versions for the iMacros Browser, but I've only used iMacros for FF on FF 32 Bits...
Last edited by chivracq on Mon Apr 22, 2019 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
fokker70

Post by fokker70 » Mon Feb 08, 2016 5:28 pm

Thanks for your reply. I tested change Visual Basic Editor from 64bit to 32bit and vice versa but didnt solve it.
Maybe I have found something here, not sure but when I run below .vbs-file, I get this error message:
"TCP interface error: Could not open server pipe \\.\pipe\im-fx-default.Xxx"

Set iim1 = CreateObject ("imacros")
iim1.iimOpen("-fx")
iim1.iimPlay("#Current.iim")

Comments: Again, it opens Firefox, iMacro side-bar on the left but it will not play #Current.iim file which is visible left hand side. :cry:
Firefox browser seems to be 32-bit by "default" (?) .Version 44.
IMacros for Firefox add-on version 8.9.6
IMacros Browser is (X86) Version 10, Enterprise Edition

Maybe its a compability issue.
If I downgrade for testing, should I downgrade Firefox version or downgrade Imacro for Firefox version ?
Are there any stable versions both together that can manage .iim macros?
Reason for using Firefox: Support my .iim code which IE doesnt
Reason for using Visual Basic Script: Because of using IF-statements with error codes. I know Javascript also manage that but I havent learn...
fokker70

Post by fokker70 » Mon Feb 15, 2016 7:50 am

bump...anyone!?
fokker70

Post by fokker70 » Tue Feb 23, 2016 4:58 pm

bumping again... :roll:
fokker70

Post by fokker70 » Mon Mar 21, 2016 7:40 pm

I got it working again to play the .VBS file after a complete re-install of Windows 7, Imacro Edition, Firefox and Imacros add-on for Firefox.
However, after a restore of Firefox back to factory settings due to a crash report of Firefox, it stopped working again (not playing the iMacro, just opens the Firefox browser). Nothing else was changed.
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Tue Mar 22, 2016 2:33 am

fokker70 wrote:I got it working again to play the .VBS file after a complete re-install of Windows 7, Imacro Edition, Firefox and Imacros add-on for Firefox.
However, after a restore of Firefox back to factory settings due to a crash report of Firefox, it stopped working again (not playing the iMacro, just opens the Firefox browser). Nothing else was changed.
Pity you don't mention all Versions in this Post, to avoid some vertical Scrolling to check if by any chance you mentioned the Versions somewhere above, but you don't seem to understand it's a Technical Forum, and Technical People like Technical Info..., gr...!

But, hum, "after a restore of Firefox back to factory settings due to a crash report of Firefox" pfff, difficult to investigate, I would say reinstall FF and iMacros for FF and don't reset to Factory, ah-ah...!!

>>>

I switched from FF to Pale Moon about 2 years ago because of those Crashes usually coming from Memory Leaks, but OK, iMacros Enterprise Edition will have never heard of PM, I think I know straight away how to fool it in your "Case", but pfff, a bit cumbersome... You need to experiment a bit yourself like I do, in some "Creative" way, and you'll always find a Solution...

I've been using iMacros for about 10-12 years, I always managed to solve my Pb's by myself from the wonderful Wiki and from some "Creative" Solutions, I only came to the Forum about 3 years ago because of a "real" Bug that I felt I had to mention, because I didn't know at that time how to decompile the Add-on and modify/fix it by myself, otherwise I would probably have never disturbed anybody on the Forum/TechSup/Dev with my "Bug", hum..., or maybe to share my 'Solution", but I'm not sure TechSup would have been happy with sbd posting modifying their Software..., but from reading a few Pages of Threads on the Forum at that time, I was a bit surprised by the Qt's that were asked on the Forum and that were for most of them Qt's I had to answer/solve within the first 10-15 min when I ever started to use iMacros on some Blue Monday... So I felt a bit like a Super-Hero knowing nearly all Answers, ah-ah...! OK, and now as well, but we are 3 years later, and I do know a bit more than 3 years ago...!

>>>

EDIT: Yep, about the Versions, I found the courage to do some vertical Scrolling..., you started with FF43 but I guess you are probably at FF44 or FF45 now...
About the Factory Reset, I guess iMacros Settings in the 'about:config' get probably deleted (I don't want to try to risk to screw my Install...) and simply reinstalling iMacros should indeed solve that, I would think...
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Mon Apr 22, 2019 3:41 pm

Some a bit "older" Thread from 3 years ago, in which some Spammer/Fake User just tried to post some irrelevant C&P Content, but that "Content" actually originated from a Thread on SOF which is useful and could be interesting...:
- VBS to Launch Custom Firefox Window and URL
Not specific about iMacros, but it's about launching FF from VBS using a few more Parameters to control Height & Width of the Browser Instance for example.

And it also contains a "neat" Method for handling Double Quotes which could also be used when creating on-the-fly '.iim' Macros from the '.vbs' Script... :idea: