Wait until the element disappears

Support for iMacros. The iMacros software is the unique solution for automating every activity inside a web browser, for data extraction and web testing.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
Brendo

Wait until the element disappears

Post by Brendo » Mon May 13, 2019 9:31 pm

Hello!

How can I make the imacros wait until any element disappears on the page? For example:

Code: Select all

SET !TIMEOUT_STEP 10
TAG POS=1 TYPE=P ATTR=TXT:Add*
TAG POS=1 TYPE=BUTTON ATTR=TXT:Save 
'I want the script to wait until this element (BUTTON) disappears.
'If BUTTON did not disappear within 60 seconds - stop the script
'If it disappeared, continue the script
chivracq

Re: Wait until the element disappears

Post by chivracq » Mon May 13, 2019 9:54 pm

Brendo wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 9:31 pm
Hello!

How can I make the imacros wait until any element disappears on the page? For example:

Code: Select all

SET !TIMEOUT_STEP 10
TAG POS=1 TYPE=P ATTR=TXT:Add*
TAG POS=1 TYPE=BUTTON ATTR=TXT:Save 
'I want the script to wait until this element (BUTTON) disappears.
'If BUTTON did not disappear within 60 seconds - stop the script
'If it disappeared, continue the script
Maybe an "Idea" to first follow up on your previous/first Thread which has been waiting for some Follow-up from your Side for about 4 months now...? :roll:
Nice to ask for some Help but if "People" try to help you and you don't bother following up, they try to help you once, but not twice, tja...! :shock:

=> Same first Reply for this current Thread (for the "FCI" part at least, you've "luckily" opened this new Thread in the "correct" Sub-Forum, this time), and you can maybe bump it in 4 months then if nbd else tried to help you and if you are still looking for a Solution by that time... :|
+ Maybe an Idea to read the Forum Rules "one day"... :idea:
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE').
- I don't even read the Qt if that (required) Info is not mentioned...!
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Mon May 13, 2019 10:32 pm

Interesting Qt though btw, and which has also already been asked and covered and answered, if you search the Forum a bit... :idea:

I can think directly of 3 Solutions, even if one is a bit of "Overkill" and is not very "elegant" :oops: , but it would definitely work, but it might not even be possible for you to implement, depending of your FCI...
Hum, 4 Solutions actually, again depending on your FCI...

And I know I had already done some "Advanced" Thinking about this Scenario and had come up with another (5th) "clever" Solution..., which I can't remember and find back directly right now, and I don't think I had posted it... Grrr...!, frustrating..., but I'll find it again, and I'll need to write it down, the "Concept" was pretty "High Level", with several "interesting" other possible Applications, ah-ah...! :twisted:

Hum, and possibly a 6th one also, depending a bit on some "specific" Behaviour that I have never tested in that Scenario, so I'm not really sure what the Behaviour will be, 50% chance it would work...

Hum, and one more, ah-ah...! Counter is now at 7, ah-ah... This one again relies on a specific Command which is not supported by all Browsers... :twisted:
(It wouldn't work on FF for example, which is probably(?) the Browser you are using, as you had opened your first Thread in the 'iMacros for FF' Sub-Forum...)
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE').
- I don't even read the Qt if that (required) Info is not mentioned...!
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
Brendo

Post by Brendo » Tue May 14, 2019 8:30 am

chivracq wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 10:32 pm
Counter is now at 7, ah-ah...
:shock: Wow, just one simplest solution would be enough for me. (for FF and Chrome)
I read the forum rules (honestly) 8)