Dynamic form IDs

Discussions and Tech Support related to the iMacros Firefox Add-on, including the built-in Javascript scripting interface for playing .js files.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
Maxal

Dynamic form IDs

Post by Maxal » Fri May 10, 2019 1:44 pm

VERSION BUILD=8970419 RECORDER=FX
FF 48
Mac
----------------------------------

Hi

I was wonder how does iMacros deal with a situation wherein half of the dynamic IDs of
a form are similar and only 4 of the last digits change every time, for every element.

For instance:
ID of a field named TITLE is: FIELD7382846388

and

ID of another field named IMAGE is: FIELD7382846613

Now the problem is that every time the page is loaded, the last 4 digits of dynamic ID of TITLE
will change. Last 4 digits of every field on the page will change but starting 6 digits of every element
on the page will remain same.

So if we use * wildcard, how will iMacros know which field to target because the starting digits of
every field are similar, which is: FIELD738284

NOTE: CSS class is also similar for the fields I need to target, so can't use that too.
chivracq

Re: Dynamic form IDs

Post by chivracq » Fri May 10, 2019 9:25 pm

Maxal wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 1:44 pm
VERSION BUILD=8970419 RECORDER=FX
FF 48
Mac
----------------------------------

Hi

I was wonder how does iMacros deal with a situation wherein half of the dynamic IDs of
a form are similar and only 4 of the last digits change every time, for every element.

For instance:
ID of a field named TITLE is: FIELD7382846388

and

ID of another field named IMAGE is: FIELD7382846613

Now the problem is that every time the page is loaded, the last 4 digits of dynamic ID of TITLE
will change. Last 4 digits of every field on the page will change but starting 6 digits of every element
on the page will remain same.

So if we use * wildcard, how will iMacros know which field to target because the starting digits of
every field are similar, which is: FIELD738284

NOTE: CSS class is also similar for the fields I need to target, so can't use that too.
Easiest Sol is probably to use 'Relative Positioning', with the 'TITLE' and 'IMAGE' Elements/Labels as respective 'Anchors' as they will probably be unique on your Page/Form and easily "taggable" thanks to their 'TXT' Attribute... :idea:

Well, there are 2 "easiest Sols" actually, the other one would be to use some other Attribute, like the Class for example, and/or a Combination of Attributes that might be able to uniquely identify those Fields...

=> Or a Combination of both Methods... Can't be more precise without looking at the Page myself...
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE').
- I don't even read the Qt if that (required) Info is not mentioned...!
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
Maxal

Post by Maxal » Wed May 15, 2019 7:30 pm

You want to see the screenshot of the page or the html source?
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Wed May 15, 2019 8:45 pm

Maxal wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 7:30 pm
You want to see the screenshot of the page or the html source?
Well, both or even better if you can simply post the URL of that Page, ah-ah...!
Or if the Page/Site is behind Login&Password, you can also upload an 'HTML Saveas' of the Page... (Needs to be zipped, Max 256Kb.)

But hum, you can also try yourself what I mentioned, there is nothing really complicated, and you are not a Newbie anymore I would think, after 4 years using iMacros...
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE').
- I don't even read the Qt if that (required) Info is not mentioned...!
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
Maxal

Post by Maxal » Sun May 19, 2019 2:23 pm

Ah, I had created some macros with your help and those were fairly strong macros working for me for years flawlessly.
But now I feel as if I have forgotton whatever I had learned four years ago :(

This new thing is giving me headache because of changing but identical dynamic field names.

The page is inside admin area which is password protected. Wish I could let you in :(

I'll get you the html codes plus the screenshots.

Thanx chivracq