How to Fill the Webpage form content based on another already filled content

Support for iMacros. The iMacros software is the unique solution for automating every activity inside a web browser, for data extraction and web testing.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
jyotirmaya

How to Fill the Webpage form content based on another already filled content

Post by jyotirmaya » Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:12 pm

I am using Browser Firefox 48.0
iMacros for Firefox 9.0.3
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit Operating system

I am using the below code

Code: Select all

VERSION BUILD=9030808 RECORDER=FX
TAG POS=1 TYPE=A ATTR=TXT:Update<SP>Verification<SP>Report
TAG POS=2 TYPE=INPUT:RADIO FORM=NAME:printprcregistration_f ATTR=ID:IsPhotoVerified
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=NAME:printprcregistration_f ATTR=ID:Village CONTENT=EXAMPLE
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=NAME:printprcregistration_f ATTR=ID:LRDPlotNo CONTENT=0
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=NAME:printprcregistration_f ATTR=ID:extent CONTENT=0
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=NAME:printprcregistration_f ATTR=ID:LRDMouza_RevenueVillage CONTENT=EXAMPLE
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=NAME:printprcregistration_f ATTR=ID:ResidingYears CONTENT=1
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=NAME:printprcregistration_f ATTR=ID:ResidingMonths CONTENT=0
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:RADIO FORM=NAME:printprcregistration_f ATTR=ID:CertificateIssue
TAG POS=1 TYPE=TEXTAREA FORM=NAME:printprcregistration_f ATTR=ID:Remarks CONTENT=As<SP>per<SP>attached<SP>documents<SP>applicant<SP>belongs<SP>to<SP>village<SP>EXAMPLE<SP>hence<SP>certificate<SP>may<SP>be<SP>issued
ONDIALOG POS=1 BUTTON=OK CONTENT=
TAB T=1
REFRESH
TAG POS=1 TYPE=TEXTAREA FORM=NAME:fwddatailreport_f ATTR=ID:offRemarks_f CONTENT=As<SP>per<SP>attached<SP>documents<SP>applicant<SP>belongs<SP>to<SP>village<SP>EXAMPLE<SP>hence<SP>certificate<SP>may<SP>be<SP>issued
TAG POS=1 TYPE=SELECT FORM=NAME:fwddatailreport_f ATTR=ID:status_f CONTENT=%F
TAG POS=1 TYPE=SELECT FORM=NAME:fwddatailreport_f ATTR=ID:officeType_f CONTENT=%3
TAG POS=3 TYPE=INPUT:RADIO FORM=NAME:fwddatailreport_f ATTR=ID:Id_f
ONDIALOG POS=1 BUTTON=CANCEL CONTENT=
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:SUBMIT FORM=NAME:fwddatailreport_f ATTR=NAME:Submit
In the web page

TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=NAME:printprcregistration_f ATTR=ID:Village CONTENT=EXAMPLE
The village CONTENT "EXAMPLE" is already there in the form. The Text EXAMPLE is already filled over there, I want the same text EXAMPLE to automatically fill in the below box

TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=NAME:printprcregistration_f ATTR=ID:LRDMouza_RevenueVillage CONTENT=EXAMPLE
and also I want it to reflect it in

CONTENT=As<SP>per<SP>attached<SP>documents<SP>applicant<SP>belongs<SP>to<SP>village<SP>EXAMPLE<SP>hence<SP>certificate<SP>may<SP>be<SP>issued
As per attached documents applicant belongs to village...................hence certificate may be issued. This is common for all web pages, but the text EXAMPLE will be different from one page to another. hence I want to fill two places based on the ATTR=ID:Village CONTENT based on the content I want to fill ATTR=ID:LRDMouza_RevenueVillage CONTENT and the below ..........portion

As per attached documents applicant belongs to village...................hence certificate may be issued.
chivracq

Re: How to Fill the Webpage form content based on another already filled content

Post by chivracq » Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:11 pm

jyotirmaya wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:12 pm
I am using

Browser Firefox 48.0
iMacros for Firefox 9.0.3 
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit Operating system
I am using the below code

TAG POS=2 TYPE=INPUT:RADIO FORM=NAME:printprcregistration_f ATTR=ID:IsPhotoVerified
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=NAME:printprcregistration_f ATTR=ID:LRDPlotNo CONTENT=0
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=NAME:printprcregistration_f ATTR=ID:extent CONTENT=0
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=NAME:printprcregistration_f ATTR=ID:ResidingYears CONTENT=1
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=NAME:printprcregistration_f ATTR=ID:ResidingMonths CONTENT=0
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:RADIO FORM=NAME:printprcregistration_f ATTR=ID:CertificateIssue
TAG POS=1 TYPE=TEXTAREA FORM=NAME:printprcregistration_f ATTR=ID:Remarks CONTENT=As<SP>per<SP>attached<SP>documents<SP>applicant<SP>belongs<SP>to<SP>village<SP>EXAMPLE<SP>hence<SP>certificate<SP>may<SP>be<SP>issued
TAB T=1
REFRESH
TAG POS=1 TYPE=TEXTAREA FORM=NAME:fwddatailreport_f ATTR=ID:offRemarks_f CONTENT=As<SP>per<SP>attached<SP>documents<SP>applicant<SP>belongs<SP>to<SP>village<SP>EXAMPLE<SP>hence<SP>certificate<SP>may<SP>be<SP>issued
TAG POS=1 TYPE=SELECT FORM=NAME:fwddatailreport_f ATTR=ID:officeType_f CONTENT=%3
ONDIALOG POS=1 BUTTON=CANCEL CONTENT=
In the web page

The village CONTENT "EXAMPLE" is already there in the form. The Text EXAMPLE is already filled over there, I want the same text EXAMPLE to automatically fill in the below box

and also I want it to reflect it in

CONTENT=As<SP>per<SP>attached<SP>documents<SP>applicant<SP>belongs<SP>to<SP>village<SP>EXAMPLE<SP>hence<SP>certificate<SP>may<SP>be<SP>issued
As per attached documents applicant belongs to village...................hence certificate may be issued. This is common for all web pages, but the text EXAMPLE will be different from one page to another. hence I want to fill two places based on the ATTR=ID:Village CONTENT based on the content I want to fill ATTR=ID:LRDMouza_RevenueVillage CONTENT and the below ..........portion

As per attached documents applicant belongs to village...................hence certificate may be issued.
Not sure if you have a Typo in your Thread Title with "form" and if you mean "Form" indeed, or "from"..., as Words feel a bit like they are "randomly" capitalized... :?
=> if you can correct if it's a Typo...? 8)

But OK, not very clear to me where the "EXAMPLE" comes from...?, the very first time you use/need that Village Name in Line=4 in your Script:

=> Do you each time have to manually edit your Script with the new Name...?, you don't seem to pull it from a '.CSV' DataSource, or you could use an Input 'PROMPT' to type that Name in the 'PROMPT', store it in a Var and reuse that Var everywhere in your Script where you need it...

Or on the same "Principle", if you don't want to use an Input 'PROMPT', you could still edit your Script manually each time, but you could add an "Easy Access" Section at the beginning of your Script with that Var where you then only need to edit that Var once, stg like:

'Easy Access Vars:
SET Village "EXAMPLE"
SET Remark_Part_1 "As per attached documents applicant belongs to village "
SET Remark_Part_2 " hence certificate may be issued"

'TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=NAME:printprcregistration_f ATTR=ID:Village CONTENT=EXAMPLE
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=NAME:printprcregistration_f ATTR=ID:Village CONTENT={{Village}}
'[...]
'TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=NAME:printprcregistration_f ATTR=ID:Village CONTENT=EXAMPLE
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=NAME:printprcregistration_f ATTR=ID:LRDMouza_RevenueVillage CONTENT={{Village}}
'[...]
'TAG POS=1 TYPE=TEXTAREA FORM=NAME:printprcregistration_f ATTR=ID:Remarks CONTENT=As<SP>per<SP>attached<SP>documents<SP>applicant<SP>belongs<SP>to<SP>village<SP>EXAMPLE<SP>hence<SP>certificate<SP>may<SP>be<SP>issued
TAG POS=1 TYPE=TEXTAREA FORM=NAME:printprcregistration_f ATTR=ID:Remarks CONTENT={{Remark_Part_1}}{{Village}}{{Remark_Part_2}}
'[...] Etc...
And if that "EXAMPLE" doesn't even come from some User Input but is already present on the Page, then the 'EXTRACT' Mechanism would be able to extract it and store it directly in the same 'Village' Var, and in that case, you wouldn't even need to manually edit your Script each time, before running it... And that would give stg like:

'SET !EXTRACT_TEST_POPUP NO

'Easy Access Vars:
'SET Village "EXAMPLE" // (Extracted from the Page...)

SET !EXTRACT NULL
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=NAME:printprcregistration_f ATTR=ID:Village EXTRACT=TXT
SET Village {{!EXTRACT}}
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=NAME:printprcregistration_f ATTR=ID:Village CONTENT={{Village}}
'[...]
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=NAME:printprcregistration_f ATTR=ID:LRDMouza_RevenueVillage CONTENT={{Village}}
'[...]
'TAG POS=1 TYPE=TEXTAREA FORM=NAME:printprcregistration_f ATTR=ID:Remarks CONTENT=As<SP>per<SP>attached<SP>documents<SP>applicant<SP>belongs<SP>to<SP>village<SP>EXAMPLE<SP>hence<SP>certificate<SP>may<SP>be<SP>issued
TAG POS=1 TYPE=TEXTAREA FORM=NAME:printprcregistration_f ATTR=ID:Remarks CONTENT={{Remark_Part_1}}{{Village}}{{Remark_Part_2}}
'[...] Etc...
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
jyotirmaya

Re: How to Fill the Webpage form content based on another already filled content

Post by jyotirmaya » Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:55 am

Not sure if you have a Typo in your Thread Title with "form" and if you mean "Form" indeed, or "from"..., as Words feel a bit like they are "randomly" capitalized... :?
Actually both may be correct, but I have meant it for form, because I am filling a form which is partially filled by a third party
But OK, not very clear to me where the "EXAMPLE" comes from...?, the very first time you use/need that Village Name in Line=4 in your Script:
There is an online application form which is filled by a third party agency such as name fathers name address etc and in that page I have to verify the details by clicking a link verification link and there I have to check whether all the details of the applicant is correct or not based on the documents given by the applicant and based on my enquiry I have to fill the verification form. hence here the word "EXAMPLE" means the village name of the applicant, which is different from one applicant to another hence I have to do the verification form updated manually by entering village name etc that is why I needed the code
And if that "EXAMPLE" doesn't even come from some User Input but is already present on the Page, then the 'EXTRACT' Mechanism would be able to extract it and store it directly in the same 'Village' Var, and in that case, you wouldn't even need to manually edit your Script each time, before running it... And that would give stg like:
Yes the word is already present in the page hence this one is the perfect.

'Easy Access Vars:

SET !EXTRACT NULL
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=NAME:printprcregistration_f ATTR=ID:Village EXTRACT=TXT
SET Village {{!EXTRACT}}
'[...]
'[...]
'[...] Etc...

Thank you so much for the above code its working super :) :) :)
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:29 am

jyotirmaya wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:55 am
Actually both may be correct, but I have meant it for form, because I am filling a form which is partially filled by a third party
There is an online application form which is filled by a third party agency such as name fathers name address etc and in that page I have to verify the details by clicking a link verification link and there I have to check whether all the details of the applicant is correct or not based on the documents given by the applicant and based on my enquiry I have to fill the verification form. hence here the word "EXAMPLE" means the village name of the applicant, which is different from one applicant to another hence I have to do the verification form updated manually by entering village name etc that is why I needed the code
Yes the word is already present in the page hence this one is the perfect.

'Easy Access Vars:

SET !EXTRACT NULL
SET Village {{!EXTRACT}}
'[...]
'[...]
'[...] Etc...

Thank you so much for the above code its working super :) :) :)
OK, alright, if the Name of the Village is already displayed on the Page, then extracting it through the 'EXTRACT' Mechanism and storing it in a Var to reuse it further in your Script is the easiest and most logical way to go...

Thanks for the Feedback and neat Follow-up, and I'm glad it works directly... :D
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
jyotirmaya

Post by jyotirmaya » Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:32 am

'Easy Access Vars:

SET !EXTRACT NULL
SET Village {{!EXTRACT}}
'[...]
'[...]
'[...] Etc...
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:SUBMIT FORM=NAME:printprcregistration_f ATTR=NAME:submit
WAIT SECONDS=2
TAB T=1
REFRESH
'TAG POS=1 TYPE=TEXTAREA FORM=NAME:fwddatailreport_f ATTR=ID:offRemarks_f CONTENT=As<SP>per<SP>attached<SP>documents<SP>applicant<SP>belongs<SP>to<SP>village<SP>EXAMPLE<SP>hence<SP>certificate<SP>may<SP>be<SP>issued
TAG POS=1 TYPE=TEXTAREA FORM=NAME:fwddatailreport_f ATTR=ID:offRemarks_f CONTENT={{Remark_Part_1}}{{Village}}{{Remark_Part_2}}
'[...] Etc...

Finally I am using the above code, when I was doing it manually when I was filling the details in TAB 2 after clinking OK here

The tab closes automatically and same happens here but when I was doing manually when the Tab 2 closes the Tab 1 was refreshes automatically but when I am doing it with iMacros it didn't refreshes hence I used REFRESH but I am getting error that "browser.reload is not a function, line: 32 (Error code: -1001)" whats the solution for that ? I need a refresh must there because after filling the verification report and after clicking OK there when the tab closes I get a link inside the Update verification link that the verification report is updated, but when refresh is not made it is showing that the application is forwarded by me without verification.
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:55 am

jyotirmaya wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:32 am

'Easy Access Vars:

SET !EXTRACT NULL
SET Village {{!EXTRACT}}
'[...]
'[...]
'[...] Etc...
WAIT SECONDS=2
TAB T=1
REFRESH
'TAG POS=1 TYPE=TEXTAREA FORM=NAME:fwddatailreport_f ATTR=ID:offRemarks_f CONTENT=As<SP>per<SP>attached<SP>documents<SP>applicant<SP>belongs<SP>to<SP>village<SP>EXAMPLE<SP>hence<SP>certificate<SP>may<SP>be<SP>issued
TAG POS=1 TYPE=TEXTAREA FORM=NAME:fwddatailreport_f ATTR=ID:offRemarks_f CONTENT={{Remark_Part_1}}{{Village}}{{Remark_Part_2}}
'[...] Etc...

Finally I am using the above code, when I was doing it manually when I was filling the details in TAB 2 after clinking OK here

The tab closes automatically and same happens here but when I was doing manually when the Tab 2 closes the Tab 1 was refreshes automatically but when I am doing it with iMacros it didn't refreshes hence I used REFRESH but I am getting error that "browser.reload is not a function, line: 32 (Error code: -1001)" whats the solution for that ? I need a refresh must there because after filling the verification report and after clicking OK there when the tab closes I get a link inside the Update verification link that the verification report is updated, but when refresh is not made it is showing that the application is forwarded by me without verification.
For the Error you are getting, you can first try activating '!ERRORIGNORE'... Sometimes, Scripts will work just fine with '!ERRORIGNORE' even if they would otherwise trigger some "strange" Error...

And instead of using the 'REFRESH' Command, some kind of "Equivalent" is to use 'URL GOTO' with current URL:

URL GOTO={{!URLCURRENT}}
But it depends a bit on the Site, it's not always exactly the same...

There is also stg a bit "strange" about your 'ONDIALOG' Statements, I had noticed... An 'ONDIALOG' Statement needs to be placed before the ('TAG' or 'EVENT') Statement that will/might trigger it, just like 'ONDOWNLOAD' also...

And also, you are using v9.0.3 for FF, and that Version was a bit buggy... :oops:
v8.9.7 for FF is much more stable, and works also on your FF48. (Both Versions work until FF56, but recommended = FFv55.0.3.)
jyotirmaya

Post by jyotirmaya » Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:15 am

'!ERRORIGNORE'
'Easy Access Vars:

SET !EXTRACT NULL
SET Village {{!EXTRACT}}
'[...]
'[...]
'[...] Etc...
WAIT SECONDS=2
'[...] Etc...

I have removed the REFRESH, now I am getting error that mm is undefined, line: 33 (Error code: -1001) It was working but now getting error

This is the line 33
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:22 am

jyotirmaya wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:15 am

'!ERRORIGNORE'
'Easy Access Vars:

SET !EXTRACT NULL
SET Village {{!EXTRACT}}
'[...]
'[...]
'[...] Etc...
WAIT SECONDS=2
'[...] Etc...

I have removed the REFRESH, now I am getting error that mm is undefined, line: 33 (Error code: -1001) It was working but now getting error

This is the line 33
Yeah, but in all Cases, try first with '!ERRORIGNORE'... I'm only mentioning the name of the Command, check the Wiki for the correct Syntax...
jyotirmaya

Post by jyotirmaya » Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:37 am

Yeah, but in all Cases, try first with '!ERRORIGNORE'... I'm only mentioning the name of the Command, check the Wiki for the correct Syntax...
Sorry for that, yes now I am using

SET !ERRORIGNORE YES
but still the code stops

the code is working to fill this text box

'[...] Etc...
but when 2nd time whiling filling this one there are some error.

'[...] Etc...
I am trying to find but not able to find anything
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:59 am

jyotirmaya wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:37 am

SET !ERRORIGNORE YES
but still the code stops

'[...] Etc...

'[...] Etc...
OK, yep, now you are using '!ERRORIGNORE' "correctly", ah-ah...! :wink:

And with '!ERRORIGNORE', you are not able to bypass the "browser.reload is not a function, line: 32 (Error code: -1001)" RuntimeError on the 'REFRESH'...? :o
I've never seen that RuntimeError actually... But, hum..., it could be specific to v9.0.3 for FF, and that Version was so buggy, it was never "properly" tested, and many Bugs were probably never even reported, as all "serious" Users quickly reverted to v8.9.7. :shock:

I never used it myself... Only once did I try to install it around FF[55-57] to check/try if by any chance, it might still work on FF57 when v8.9.7 stopped working on FF57 because of the WebExtensions Architecture... :oops:
Same with the "mm is undefined" RuntimeError, I remember many Threads on the Forum about that kind of Error(s) with v9.0.3 for FF.

The stable Version to use is v8.9.7 for FF, not v9.0.3 anyway... :shock:
Both Versions available for Download or Re-Download from the 'iMacros for FF Legacy Versions' Wiki Page... :idea:
jyotirmaya

Post by jyotirmaya » Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:04 am

chivracq wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:59 am
jyotirmaya wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:37 am

SET !ERRORIGNORE YES
but still the code stops

'[...] Etc...

'[...] Etc...
OK, yep, now you are using '!ERRORIGNORE' "correctly", ah-ah...! :wink:

And with '!ERRORIGNORE', you are not able to bypass the "browser.reload is not a function, line: 32 (Error code: -1001)" RuntimeError on the 'REFRESH'...? :o
I've never seen that RuntimeError actually... But, hum..., it could be specific to v9.0.3 for FF, and that Version was so buggy, it was never "properly" tested, and many Bugs were probably never even reported, as all "serious" Users quickly reverted to v8.9.7. :shock:

I never used it myself... Only once did I try to install it around FF[55-57] to check/try if by any chance, it might still work on FF57 when v8.9.7 stopped working on FF57 because of the WebExtensions Architecture... :oops:
Same with the "mm is undefined" RuntimeError, I remember many Threads on the Forum about that kind of Error(s) with v9.0.3 for FF.

The stable Version to use is v8.9.7 for FF, not v9.0.3 anyway... :shock:
Both Versions available for Download or Re-Download from the 'iMacros for FF Legacy Versions' Wiki Page... :idea:

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE TIMELY HELP AND SUPPORT. I never thought that it could be a version issue, I thought that may be some coding error, I have downloaded v8.9.7 for FF and errors are gone and its working perfectly. Thank you once again. :) :) :) :) :) :) :D
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:28 am

jyotirmaya wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:04 am
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE TIMELY HELP AND SUPPORT. I never thought that it could be a version issue, I thought that may be some coding error, I have downloaded v8.9.7 for FF and errors are gone and its working perfectly. Thank you once again. :) :) :) :) :) :) :D
Ah...!, lovely...!, good to hear...! :D