Fill the web page content from One Tab to Another Tab by copying specific Texts

Support for iMacros. The iMacros software is the unique solution for automating every activity inside a web browser, for data extraction and web testing.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
jyotirmaya

Fill the web page content from One Tab to Another Tab by copying specific Texts

Post by jyotirmaya » Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:23 am

I am using Browser Firefox 48.0
iMacros for Firefox v8.9.7
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit Operating system

I am using the below code.

Code: Select all

VERSION BUILD=8970419 RECORDER=FX
SET !ERRORIGNORE YES

TAB T=1
TAG POS=1 TYPE=TD ATTR=TXT:Village/Ward/Ward:
TAG POS=1 TYPE=TD ATTR=TXT:INDIA
TAG POS=1 TYPE=TD ATTR=TXT:Caste:
TAG POS=1 TYPE=TD ATTR=TXT:HINDU
TAG POS=1 TYPE=A ATTR=TXT:Update<SP>Verification<SP>Report
TAB T=2
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=NAME:printcasregistration_f ATTR=ID:LRDPlotNo CONTENT=0
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=NAME:printcasregistration_f ATTR=ID:extent CONTENT=0
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=NAME:printcasregistration_f ATTR=ID:TenantRecord CONTENT=NA
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=NAME:printcasregistration_f ATTR=ID:OriginalPatta_DraftKhatian_Parcha CONTENT=NA
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=NAME:printcasregistration_f ATTR=ID:MarriedFemaleLandSchedule CONTENT=NA
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=NAME:printcasregistration_f ATTR=ID:TraditionalOccupation CONTENT=FARMER
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=NAME:printcasregistration_f ATTR=ID:ApplicantNative CONTENT=INDIA
TAG POS=2 TYPE=INPUT:RADIO FORM=NAME:printcasregistration_f ATTR=ID:LandlessPerson
TAG POS=2 TYPE=INPUT:RADIO FORM=NAME:printcasregistration_f ATTR=ID:IsMigrated
TAG POS=2 TYPE=INPUT:RADIO FORM=NAME:printcasregistration_f ATTR=ID:IsPhotoVerified
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:RADIO FORM=NAME:printcasregistration_f ATTR=ID:CertificateIssue
TAG POS=1 TYPE=TEXTAREA FORM=NAME:printcasregistration_f ATTR=ID:Remarks CONTENT=As<SP>per<SP>attached<SP>documents<SP>applicant<SP>belongs<SP>to<SP>caste<SP>HINDU<SP>hence<SP>certificate<SP>may<SP>be<SP>issued
ONDIALOG POS=1 BUTTON=OK CONTENT=
ONDIALOG POS=2 BUTTON=OK CONTENT=
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:SUBMIT FORM=NAME:printcasregistration_f ATTR=ID:Submit
TAB T=1
TAG POS=1 TYPE=TEXTAREA FORM=NAME:fwddatailreport_f ATTR=ID:offRemarks_f CONTENT=As<SP>per<SP>attached<SP>documents<SP>applicant<SP>belongs<SP>to<SP>caste<SP>Hindu<SP>hence<SP>certificate<SP>may<SP>be<SP>issued
TAG POS=8 TYPE=TR ATTR=TXT:
TAG POS=1 TYPE=SELECT FORM=NAME:fwddatailreport_f ATTR=ID:status_f CONTENT=%F
TAG POS=1 TYPE=TD ATTR=TXT:Select<SP>Office<SP>---Select<SP>Office<SP>Type---Tahsil*
TAG POS=1 TYPE=SELECT FORM=NAME:fwddatailreport_f ATTR=ID:officeType_f CONTENT=%3
TAG POS=3 TYPE=INPUT:RADIO FORM=NAME:fwddatailreport_f ATTR=ID:Id_f
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:BUTTON FORM=NAME:fwddatailreport_f ATTR=NAME:OK
I have 2 Tabs and I want to copy two texts from the web page of Tab 1

I want to copy INDIA from Tab 1 and need to paste on the below Text box of Tab2

TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=NAME:printcasregistration_f ATTR=ID:ApplicantNative CONTENT=INDIA
THEN

I want to copy HINDU from Tab 1 and need to paste on

TAG POS=1 TYPE=TEXTAREA FORM=NAME:printcasregistration_f ATTR=ID:Remarks CONTENT=As<SP>per<SP>attached<SP>documents<SP>applicant<SP>belongs<SP>to<SP>caste<SP>.....HINDU.....<SP>hence<SP>certificate<SP>may<SP>be<SP>issued
What should be the change in the code ?
chivracq

Re: Fill the web page content from One Tab to Another Tab by copying specific Texts

Post by chivracq » Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:48 am

jyotirmaya wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:23 am
I am using

Browser Firefox 48.0
iMacros for Firefox v8.9.7
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit Operating system
I am using the below code.

VERSION BUILD=8970419 RECORDER=FX
SET !ERRORIGNORE YES

TAB T=1
TAG POS=1 TYPE=A ATTR=TXT:Update<SP>Verification<SP>Report
TAB T=2
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=NAME:printcasregistration_f ATTR=ID:LRDPlotNo CONTENT=0
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=NAME:printcasregistration_f ATTR=ID:extent CONTENT=0
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=NAME:printcasregistration_f ATTR=ID:TenantRecord CONTENT=NA
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=NAME:printcasregistration_f ATTR=ID:OriginalPatta_DraftKhatian_Parcha CONTENT=NA
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=NAME:printcasregistration_f ATTR=ID:MarriedFemaleLandSchedule CONTENT=NA
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=NAME:printcasregistration_f ATTR=ID:TraditionalOccupation CONTENT=FARMER
TAG POS=2 TYPE=INPUT:RADIO FORM=NAME:printcasregistration_f ATTR=ID:LandlessPerson
TAG POS=2 TYPE=INPUT:RADIO FORM=NAME:printcasregistration_f ATTR=ID:IsMigrated
TAG POS=2 TYPE=INPUT:RADIO FORM=NAME:printcasregistration_f ATTR=ID:IsPhotoVerified
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:RADIO FORM=NAME:printcasregistration_f ATTR=ID:CertificateIssue
TAG POS=1 TYPE=TEXTAREA FORM=NAME:printcasregistration_f ATTR=ID:Remarks CONTENT=As<SP>per<SP>attached<SP>documents<SP>applicant<SP>belongs<SP>to<SP>caste<SP>HINDU<SP>hence<SP>certificate<SP>may<SP>be<SP>issued
ONDIALOG POS=1 BUTTON=OK CONTENT=
ONDIALOG POS=2 BUTTON=OK CONTENT=
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:SUBMIT FORM=NAME:printcasregistration_f ATTR=ID:Submit
TAB T=1
TAG POS=1 TYPE=TEXTAREA FORM=NAME:fwddatailreport_f ATTR=ID:offRemarks_f CONTENT=As<SP>per<SP>attached<SP>documents<SP>applicant<SP>belongs<SP>to<SP>caste<SP>Hindu<SP>hence<SP>certificate<SP>may<SP>be<SP>issued
TAG POS=8 TYPE=TR ATTR=TXT:
TAG POS=1 TYPE=SELECT FORM=NAME:fwddatailreport_f ATTR=ID:status_f CONTENT=%F
TAG POS=1 TYPE=TD ATTR=TXT:Select<SP>Office<SP>---Select<SP>Office<SP>Type---Tahsil*
TAG POS=1 TYPE=SELECT FORM=NAME:fwddatailreport_f ATTR=ID:officeType_f CONTENT=%3
TAG POS=3 TYPE=INPUT:RADIO FORM=NAME:fwddatailreport_f ATTR=ID:Id_f
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:BUTTON FORM=NAME:fwddatailreport_f ATTR=NAME:OK
I have 2 Tabs and I want to copy two texts from the web page of Tab 1

I want to copy INDIA from Tab 1 and need to paste on the below Text box of Tab2

THEN

I want to copy HINDU from Tab 1 and need to paste on

TAG POS=1 TYPE=TEXTAREA FORM=NAME:printcasregistration_f ATTR=ID:Remarks CONTENT=As<SP>per<SP>attached<SP>documents<SP>applicant<SP>belongs<SP>to<SP>caste<SP>.....HINDU.....<SP>hence<SP>certificate<SP>may<SP>be<SP>issued
What should be the change in the code ?
Yep, typical Usecase for the 'EXTRACT' Mechanism, just like "we" did in your previous Thread with the 'Village' Element.

This is a very basic Notion/Functionality of iMacros... If you are (still) not familiar with it (after using iMacros for nearly 3 years), check the Wiki about the 'EXTRACT' Command/Parameter + read the Section about 'Data Extraction' in the Wiki, and maybe read also a few Threads from the 'Data Extraction' Sub-Forum..., lots of Examples there as well... :idea:
And you also have a 'Demo_Extract-and-Fill.iim' Demo-Macro... 8)
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
jyotirmaya

Re: Fill the web page content from One Tab to Another Tab by copying specific Texts

Post by jyotirmaya » Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:22 am

Sorry you are right using for 3 years :) but....

when I tried to Extract

by using this code

TAG POS=1 TYPE=TD ATTR=TXT:* EXTRACT=TXT
SET !VAR1 {{!EXTRACT}}
SET !EXTRACT NULL

It extracted blank text, please help me for this time, I am running out of time for the task, sorry for disturbing you always. I too want to do it by myself but not able to do due to lack of coding knowledge. I want to learn please tell me from where I should start.
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:30 pm

jyotirmaya wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:22 am
Sorry you are right using for 3 years :) but....

when I tried to Extract

by using this code

TAG POS=1 TYPE=TD ATTR=TXT:* EXTRACT=TXT
SET !VAR1 {{!EXTRACT}}
SET !EXTRACT NULL
It extracted blank text, please help me for this time, I am running out of time for the task, sorry for disturbing you always. I too want to do it by myself but not able to do due to lack of coding knowledge. I want to learn please tell me from where I should start.
Yeah, well, in the Wiki about 'Data Extraction', you have a Section about extracting Cells (=> your 'TD' Element(s)) from a Table using 'Relative Positioning' to be able to identify reliably the "correct" 'TD' Element... :idea:

=> The 'Anchor' for the "INDIA" Element will probably be the 'TYPE=TD ATTR=TXT:Village/Ward/Ward:' 'TAG' Statement and the 'Anchor' for the "HINDU" Element will probably be the 'TAG POS=1 TYPE=TD ATTR=TXT:Caste:' 'TAG' Statement.
=> With 'POS=R1' if the Data is displayed horizontally, or with 'POS=R5' for example if the Data is displayed in a "classic" Table with 5 Cols for example and n Rows and a Table Header.
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
jyotirmaya

Post by jyotirmaya » Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:50 pm

Ok, Thanks I am trying.... :? :)
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:38 pm

jyotirmaya wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:50 pm
Ah...!?, OK, I thought you would have already made a bit more "Progress", it's not very complicated, and again, it's a very basic Functionality of iMacros..., you should really read a bit of the Documentation and a few Threads on the Forum, and not only "at the last moment" when you have a Pb... But OK, never mind... :o

Yeah, well, what you need is stg like:

'Extract 'Village':
'TAG POS=1 TYPE=TD ATTR=TXT:INDIA // (Recorded)
SET !EXTRACT NULL
TAG POS=R1 TYPE=TD ATTR=TXT:* EXTRACT=TXT
SET Village {{!EXTRACT}}
'>
'Extract 'Caste':
'TAG POS=1 TYPE=TD ATTR=TXT:HINDU // (Recorded)
SET !EXTRACT NULL
SET Caste {{!EXTRACT}}
'>
'Debug:
PROMPT Village:<SP>_{{Village}}_<BR>Caste:<SP>_{{Caste}}_
Well, I'm not sure about the 'POS=R1', I don't know how the Data is presented on that Page, you might have to play with the 'R1' => 'R2' / 'R3' / etc..., and to use the correct 'Anchors' as well of course...

And you then reuse the '{{Village}}' and '{{Caste}}' Vars wherever you need them in 'TAB_2'...
And mini-Advice, it's "better Practice" to use User-defined Vars and to give them "meaningful" Names, rather than using and reusing '!VAR[0-9]'.
jyotirmaya

Post by jyotirmaya » Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:11 pm

chivracq wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:38 pm
jyotirmaya wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:50 pm
Ah...!?, OK, I thought you would have already made a bit more "Progress", it's not very complicated, and again, it's a very basic Functionality of iMacros..., you should really read a bit of the Documentation and a few Threads on the Forum, and not only "at the last moment" when you have a Pb... But OK, never mind... :o

Yeah, well, what you need is stg like:

'Extract 'Village':
'TAG POS=1 TYPE=TD ATTR=TXT:INDIA // (Recorded)
SET !EXTRACT NULL
SET Village {{!EXTRACT}}
'>
'Extract 'Caste':
'TAG POS=1 TYPE=TD ATTR=TXT:HINDU // (Recorded)
SET !EXTRACT NULL
SET Caste {{!EXTRACT}}
'>
'Debug:
PROMPT Village:<SP>_{{Village}}_<BR>Caste:<SP>_{{Caste}}_
Well, I'm not sure about the 'POS=R1', I don't know how the Data is presented on that Page, you might have to play with the 'R1' => 'R2' / 'R3' / etc..., and to use the correct 'Anchors' as well of course...

And you then reuse the '{{Village}}' and '{{Caste}}' Vars wherever you need them in 'TAB_2'...
And mini-Advice, it's "better Practice" to use User-defined Vars and to give them "meaningful" Names, rather than using and reusing '!VAR[0-9]'.
THANK YOU SO MUCH, It worked, I did 2,3 types of similar tasks based on this code, thanks for your advice and help, I have started learning :) :) :) :D :D
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:19 pm

jyotirmaya wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:11 pm
THANK YOU SO MUCH, It worked, I did 2,3 types of similar tasks based on this code, thanks for your advice and help, I have started learning :) :) :) :D :D
Yeah, OK, good to hear that it's working now... :D

And yep, never too late to "start learning", after 3 years using iMacros, ah-ah...!, I was already doing more "complicated" things than the basic Functionality involved in this Thread, only 1 hour after I had "discovered" and installed iMacros, some 10 years ago now... :wink: