Where are all the options gone?

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros Firefox add-on.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
zirjeo

Re: Where are all the options gone?

Post by zirjeo » Tue Jul 02, 2019 3:49 am

ok great thanks for the info. I will have to fire up this tablet that's been sitting around useless see if I can't test out new imacros for IE. Ill post back, might be a few days.
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Tue Jul 02, 2019 3:54 am

zirjeo wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 3:49 am
ok great thanks for the info. I will have to fire up this tablet that's been sitting around useless see if I can't test out new imacros for IE. Ill post back, might be a few days.
OK..., and I'll see whenever you post again... :wink:
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
zirjeo

Post by zirjeo » Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:45 pm

Tested out the new IE version and it's limited to 3!VARn and it says no user defined variables available. Also limited to 50 commands. It does still pull data from a local source or csv file at least though. Is there a workaround for user defined variables?
Tom, Tech Support

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:44 am

Hi zirjeo,

Are you still experiencing any crash now that you have upgraded to iMacros for IE 12.5? Did you install 12.5 on the same PC as before, or are you testing it on a different machine?

With regard to variables in the freeware versions, as chivracq mentioned, I have discussed this with the development team but no firm decision has been made yet as to whether this will be changed in the future. I'm personally pushing for it and would like to see this limitation lifted in the freeware versions going forward.

Of course, the 'easy' solution for now is to purchase a Personal Edition license for $99. If you value the time it would take you to rework your 200 or so macros at more than $99, then purchasing a license would be worth it.
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support
zirjeo

Post by zirjeo » Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:19 pm

Oh shoot I didn't even realize it was only $99. But I think I fixed the issue using old version. I got a message at the bottom of the IE window stating something like addons need to be disabled or are not compatible so I hit continue or update whatever it was. It disabled the java addons and it looks like also microsoft window update addons and maybe a few others. It left the imacros addons enabled. This has fixed the issue. It had to have been the java or microsoft addons.

Any more issues Ill just buy it, for some reason I was thinking it was like $1000 or something.
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:30 am

zirjeo wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:19 pm
Oh shoot I didn't even realize it was only $99. But I think I fixed the issue using old version. I got a message at the bottom of the IE window stating something like addons need to be disabled or are not compatible so I hit continue or update whatever it was. It disabled the java addons and it looks like also microsoft window update addons and maybe a few others. It left the imacros addons enabled. This has fixed the issue. It had to have been the java or microsoft addons.

Any more issues Ill just buy it, for some reason I was thinking it was like $1000 or something.
Yeah, well, "recent Windows + IE Updates + disabling all "other" Add-ons one by one" is exactly what I was saying from the beginning... :wink:
But OK, glad to hear it's working again... :D
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
zirjeo

Post by zirjeo » Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:50 pm

Right but I wouldn't think I would have to disable a microsoft or java addon(if those are even considered addons), one would think that is a necessity.
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:40 pm

zirjeo wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:50 pm
Right but I wouldn't think I would have to disable a microsoft or java addon(if those are even considered addons), one would think that is a necessity.
Yeah, well, the May + June (2019) Windows Updates (Win10 + Win7) both had had several (Security) KB's that had updated the IE Core (+ god knows what indeed, as the IE Update Process has always been a bit "obscure"), and your Environment was "working" before with iMacros v11.5 (which didn't get any Update), so there was a pretty "high chance" that one of those Updates was "breaking stg" for iMacros...

And you are "a bit lucky" actually I would think, that it's one Update related to some Add-on/Plugin (that can be disabled) and not one of the Changes to the IE Core which is causing "the Pb", as those Security KB's were probably not reversible or would have exposed your Browser to some Vulnerability, and the next (Cumulative) WinUpdate the next month(s) would have (re-)installed it/them again and again anyway...

If one of the Changes to the IE Core was breaking iMacros for IE v11.5, and also v12.5, only v12.5 would eventually have gotten an Update from Dev, but not v11.5.
zirjeo

Post by zirjeo » Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:24 am

Ya now I am having a different issue, this is getting frustrating. It's hard to tell if it's imacros or not or a combination of things. When I have to go onto a pdf fillable form page for each order for work it's now not loading it sometimes, it will work once or twice and then the next time it freezes up. I'm thinking this is all an adobe issue, I get some error that pops up here and there from adobe when the page won't load properly. I've been having issues with adobe over the last 6months or more, a little while back I would open a pdf doc and after 10sec it would just shut itself down. It eventually fixed itself with one of the windows updates. I'd hate to buy the new imacros and just run into same issues.

If you buy imacros can you only use it on one computer?
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:40 am

zirjeo wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:24 am
Ya now I am having a different issue, this is getting frustrating. It's hard to tell if it's imacros or not or a combination of things. When I have to go onto a pdf fillable form page for each order for work it's now not loading it sometimes, it will work once or twice and then the next time it freezes up. I'm thinking this is all an adobe issue, I get some error that pops up here and there from adobe when the page won't load properly. I've been having issues with adobe over the last 6months or more, a little while back I would open a pdf doc and after 10sec it would just shut itself down. It eventually fixed itself with one of the windows updates. I'd hate to buy the new imacros and just run into same issues.

Ouf..., 'PDF' Forms (Online) have never worked "very well" with iMacros, in my "Experience", which usually sees the whole Page as just one single HTML Element..., but it's possible that iMB and iMacros for IE using the 'DS' Mode (that I have never used, always on FF) might be able to handle such Pages "a bit better"...

But if you already have some Issues in IE with 'PDF' Things with v11.5, I think it will probably be the same in v12.5. :oops:
Only way for you to find out, is to take a 'PE' License, do your Testing, and you have a 30-Day Money-back stg..., there is no 'Trial' for the 'PE' Versions...

Yep, very good Qt, I was wondering as well... (Hopefully TechSup will answer...?)

I am "afraid" it is indeed linked to ONE Computer, as I think it writes some Entries in the Win-Registry, and even if iMacros can be used Offline, I think there must be once some Validation Online...

I had had a look once at the 'PE' Module (for CR and FF at that time) and had decompiled it to have a look and to analyze it a bit, out of curiosity, oops...!, and thinking that if I ever needed to update to some later Version, I would easily be able to hack it, ah-ah...!, and pffff..., it was veeeeeery (and deliberately I think) uglily programmed, with lots of redundant Routines..., and deliberately coded to make it as "obscure" as possible... :shock:
I remember thinking at that time, "Woaw...!, sbd reaaaaaally spent several months writing this piece of crap...!, now I understand why "we" have been waiting for any new Version with any new Functionality for FF or CR since more than one year...!" And "new Functionality" was only "less Functionality", oops...!
(And the previous Version when it came out was v9.0.3 for FF which was completely buggy, so everybody was waiting for the "next" Version..., which oops, was even more limited, and not Free anymore...)
Tom, Tech Support

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:47 am

zirjeo wrote:
That is correct, the license can only be activated on one machine at a time.
chivracq wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:40 am
Only way for you to find out, is to take a 'PE' License, do your Testing, and you have a 30-Day Money-back stg..., there is no 'Trial' for the 'PE' Versions...
There is a 21-day refund policy, no trial version for Personal Edition.
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:49 pm

Tom, Tech Support wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:47 am
chivracq wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:40 am
There is a 21-day refund policy, no trial version for Personal Edition.
Oh, 21-day thus...

Tom, Tech Support wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:47 am
zirjeo wrote:
That is correct, the license can only be activated on one machine at a time.
Then hum, how does this "can only be activated on one machine at a time" work...? :?

- If I have 2 Computers at home, can I switch (and activate the 'PE' License/Functionality) alternatively between the 2...?
=> If a Script starts to run on the 2nd PC while a Script is still running at that moment on the 1st PC, does the Script running on the 1st PC automatically switch to the 'Free' Version...?
- Or is there some kind of "Log in/Log out" Mechanism where both PC's need to be Online at that moment for the User to choose which PC gets the 'PE' Functionality...?
- Does the 'PE' Functionality (still) work if a PC is Offline...?
(Sounds like a "stupid" Qt, but I actually do use iMacros and a few Scripts for some Offline Processing on some Local '.TXT' or '.CSV' Files..., and "Smart Analysis" of some '.LOG' Files (created by other iMacros Scripts) for some "Summary Reporting"... And I have some Scripts launched from my OS (Win10) Task Scheduler, running regularly, but I often lose Internet Connectivity for several Hours, but my Scripts do some Logging (writing to some Local '.LOG'/'.TXT' File), and I want to be able to check those Logs to "know" if the Script ran correctly at that or that time..., to eventually relaunch one Script manually a bit later when my Int. Co. will be working a bit better... Or I also have some Scripts fetching some Content from some Local DataSource before even "knowing" if my Int. Co. is/will be working for some Online "Browsing" a bit further in the Scripts... So I guess I'm probably not the only (Advanced) User using iMacros for Offline Processing..., and Local File-Access is needed for that... That's a very powerful Solution... :twisted: )
['EVAL()' for example was completely broken in v10.0.2 for FF if some previous 'URL GOTO' in the Script had triggered a "the Page cannot be loaded" or "Connection reset by Server" due to Loss of Int. Co.... (That was a blocking Bug in my Opinion... I'm a bit surprised nobody ever complained about it...)]

- Or if I have a Win7 Virtual Machine on my Win10 Laptop, will the same License work for both Environments (at the same time) and/or how can I switch between the 2...?

- Or like in the Thread about several '.VBS' Scripts running at the same time, where a Solution/Workaround would be to create several Windows User Accounts, can the same License be used for 2 different User Accounts on the same PC... (and at the same time...)?
(=> Does the Check on the 'PE' License rely on some Online Server, and/or some Registry Entries, and/or some "physical" File on the PC...? And if 'Registry Entries' and/or 'physical File', can't those Registry Entries and/or File be (manually) copied from one PC/VM/Win User Account to another one...?)
Tom, Tech Support

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:19 pm

chivracq wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:49 pm
- If I have 2 Computers at home, can I switch (and activate the 'PE' License/Functionality) alternatively between the 2...?
Yes
chivracq wrote:
=> If a Script starts to run on the 2nd PC while a Script is still running at that moment on the 1st PC, does the Script running on the 1st PC automatically switch to the 'Free' Version...?
-Or is there some kind of "Log in/Log out" Mechanism where both PC's need to be Online at that moment for the User to choose which PC gets the 'PE' Functionality...
No, there is no automatic switching of the license, and a license can only be activated on one machine at a time. Attempting to activate the license on a second machine will fail, unless of course you purchased a multi-machine license.

FAQ: How do I deactivate my iMacros license in order to e.g. move it to another machine?
FAQ: Is the license key tied to one physical machine?
chivracq wrote:
- Does the 'PE' Functionality (still) work if a PC is Offline...?
Yes. Activation only occurs once, which requires the machine to be online. But you can also perform an offline activation.
chivracq wrote:
- Or if I have a Win7 Virtual Machine on my Win10 Laptop, will the same License work for both Environments (at the same time) and/or how can I switch between the 2...?
The license is machine-specific, regardless of whether it is a physical or virtual machine.
chivracq wrote:
- Or like in the Thread about several '.VBS' Scripts running at the same time, where a Solution/Workaround would be to create several Windows User Accounts, can the same License be used for 2 different User Accounts on the same PC... (and at the same time...)?
Yes, multiple activations on the same machine only count as one.

FAQ: Why does iMacros still run in trial mode even though I've already entered my key?
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:55 pm

Oh, woaw...!, excellent @Tom, Thanks for those Answers... :D
And oops, my bad for not thinking to check the FAQ, as most Qt's were indeed already answered there, but I never had to "deal" with a License, so I never did any "Digging" into it...

The 'Offline Activation' Page could maybe be updated a bit to include/mention if that Procedure "still" works with the v10.0.x 'PE' Versions for FF/CR/IE, as it mentions a v10.[1-4] Version but which obviously only applies to iMB.

And for all FAQ's, "iMacros v10.1 (and later)" is each time mentioned, which is obviously an iMB Version, it's not clear if that also applies to the v10.0.x Versions for FF/CR, which indeed are "much later" than iMB v10.1, but the Version Nb (for CR/FF) is lower than v10.1, as the Version Nb's for FF/CR (current v10.0.2/v10.0.5) are not synced with the Version Nb's for iMB/IE (current v12.5).
Tom, Tech Support

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:58 am

chivracq wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:55 pm
Oh, woaw...!, excellent @Tom, Thanks for those Answers... :D
And oops, my bad for not thinking to check the FAQ, as most Qt's were indeed already answered there, but I never had to "deal" with a License, so I never did any "Digging" into it...

The 'Offline Activation' Page could maybe be updated a bit to include/mention if that Procedure "still" works with the v10.0.x 'PE' Versions for FF/CR/IE, as it mentions a v10.[1-4] Version but which obviously only applies to iMB.

And for all FAQ's, "iMacros v10.1 (and later)" is each time mentioned, which is obviously an iMB Version, it's not clear if that also applies to the v10.0.x Versions for FF/CR, which indeed are "much later" than iMB v10.1, but the Version Nb (for CR/FF) is lower than v10.1, as the Version Nb's for FF/CR (current v10.0.2/v10.0.5) are not synced with the Version Nb's for iMB/IE (current v12.5).
Thanks, I took care of updating the wiki to include mention of iMacros File Access for WebExtensions 10 (Personal Edition).
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support