Use tor with imacros

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros Firefox add-on.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
Chipuca

Use tor with imacros

Post by Chipuca » Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:44 pm

Possible or not. If not in which browser of tor i must to install imacros like 8.9.2 etc ???
thecoder2012

Re: Use tor with imacros

Post by thecoder2012 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:09 pm

Chipuca wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:44 pm
Possible or not. If not in which browser of tor i must to install imacros like 8.9.2 etc ???
See https://tor.stackexchange.com/questions ... ut-firefox and https://www.ghacks.net/2018/11/26/can-y ... onnection/
Join 9kw.eu Captcha Service now and let your iMacros continue downloads and scripts while you sleep. - Custom iMacros? Contact me! :idea:
Chipuca

Post by Chipuca » Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:53 pm

Yes but one practical example. :) and the second thing could be possible to use palemoon with tor to change proxies using imacros?
thecoder2012

Post by thecoder2012 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:47 am

Chipuca wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:53 pm
Yes but one practical example
Make it and then you have your practical example. :wink:
Chipuca wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:53 pm
and the second thing could be possible to use palemoon with tor to change proxies using imacros?
Tor with palemoon and your tor proxy is in all browsers possible. And imacros has in version 8.9.2 enough ways with javascript (e.g. control port 9151, cmd control/restart tor). But tor is really slowly in most cases. A good proxy list are better in my eyes.
Join 9kw.eu Captcha Service now and let your iMacros continue downloads and scripts while you sleep. - Custom iMacros? Contact me! :idea:
Chipuca

Post by Chipuca » Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:59 am

Yes but proxies are dead nowadays :) and is just running tor running and restarting to get new ip i think? Is possible?
thecoder2012

Post by thecoder2012 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:25 pm

Chipuca wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:59 am
Yes but proxies are dead nowadays :)
In your mind. Example this proxy.list with update every 15 mins.
Chipuca wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:59 am
and is just running tor running and restarting to get new ip i think? Is possible?
Sure but tor is really slowly in most cases (e.g. timeouts).
Chipuca

Post by Chipuca » Thu Aug 22, 2019 2:12 am

Ok i solved the problem with tor. But how i can restart tor with imacros for changing ip by myself ? Some way to restart tor using imacros even if i call script or something like sudo service tor restart
thecoder2012

Post by thecoder2012 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:39 am

Chipuca wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 2:12 am
Ok i solved the problem with tor.
With torproxy in your browser?
Chipuca wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 2:12 am
But how i can restart tor with imacros for changing ip by myself? Some way to restart tor using imacros even if i call script or something like sudo service tor restart
Sure.

Code for iMacros with Javascript (test command "ping google.com"):

Code: Select all

Components.utils.import("resource://gre/modules/FileUtils.jsm");

var env = Components.classes["@mozilla.org/process/environment;1"]
                    .getService(Components.interfaces.nsIEnvironment);
var shell = new FileUtils.File(env.get("COMSPEC"));
var args = ["/c", "ping google.com"];

var process = Components.classes["@mozilla.org/process/util;1"]
                        .createInstance(Components.interfaces.nsIProcess);
process.init(shell);
process.runAsync(args, args.length);
Tested with Basilisk Browser 2019.06.08 (64-Bit), Win8.1 (64-Bit) and iMacros 8.9.7