Reset Tab Numbers?

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros for Chrome extension.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
UltimatePeter

Reset Tab Numbers?

Post by UltimatePeter » Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:43 pm

Hello,
I have created a Macro, and I would like to run it repeatedly, through all the tabs that are open (lets say 30 tabs are open). It works if I hit play over and over, but not if I use the Loop function.
The macro works like this:

Code: Select all

TAB T=1
'Do some stuff
TAB OPEN
TAB T=2
'Do some stuff
TAB T=1
'Do some stuff
TAB T=3 (The tab on which I would like the next round to start, as though it were tab 1)
It seems that when my macro progresses to the second loop, it is still using the same initial tab numbers. So, it jumps back to the initial TAB1, when I want it to count the tab it is sitting on as the new TAB1. Is there a way to reset the tab numbering on each loop?
chivracq

Re: Reset Tab Numbers?

Post by chivracq » Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:39 pm

UltimatePeter wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:43 pm
Hello,
I have created a Macro, and I would like to run it repeatedly, through all the tabs that are open (lets say 30 tabs are open). It works if I hit play over and over, but not if I use the Loop function.

TAB T=1
'Do some stuff
TAB OPEN
TAB T=2
'Do some stuff
TAB T=1
'Do some stuff
TAB T=3 (The tab on which I would like the next round to start, as though it were tab 1)
It seems that when my macro progresses to the second loop, it is still using the same initial tab numbers. So, it jumps back to the initial TAB1, when I want it to count the tab it is sitting on as the new TAB1. Is there a way to reset the tab numbering on each loop?

CIM...! :mrgreen: (Read my Sig...)

Wondering why you opened your Thread in the 'iMacros for CR' Sub-Forum if you don't even mention your FCI...? :?
What is specific to CR...?
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
UltimatePeter

Post by UltimatePeter » Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:48 pm

Hello, I did not include that information because this is not an error. It is a fundamental question about tabs. Are you trying to infer that you believe my post is better suited to another forum area? If so, perhaps you might relay which section you believe it belongs in.
:)
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:06 pm

UltimatePeter wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:48 pm
Hello, I did not include that information because this is not an error. It is a fundamental question about tabs. Are you trying to infer that you believe my post is better suited to another forum area? If so, perhaps you might relay which section you believe it belongs in.
:)

Beh..., pfff, the 'iMacros for FF' and 'iMacros for CR' Sub-Forums are meant for Threads that are specific to FF or CR only, either related to some Command that is only supported in one Browser/iMacros Version, (=> doesn't apply to the 'TAB' Command), or if your Script works in other Browser(s)/iMacros Version(s) but fails in your specific FCI. Then you need to mention your FCI and in which other FCI's you've tested and where your Script works... (Not mentioned...)

Then yep, I think your Thread should have been opened in the 'General' Sub-Forum... (... which is always the "correct" one if you are unsure...).
(But no need to duplicate now..., Thread can be moved "later"...)

And yep, when opening a Thread anywhere on the Forum, (or posting for the 1st time in some existing Thread), you should always mention your FCI, (preferably at the complete top of your OP), I don't react/answer otherwise..., only this time as it is your first Post/Thread... :wink:
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:05 am

+ Duplicate Thread:
- Tab Numbering Reset?
(Duplicate to be deleted or merged...)
chivracq wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:59 pm
UltimatePeter wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:09 pm
Hello,

TAB T=1
'Do some stuff
TAB OPEN
TAB T=2
'Do some stuff
TAB T=1
'Do some stuff
Hum, not a "quick learner", ah-ah...!: FCI still not mentioned and I don't know in which Language I have to say:
(But no need to duplicate now..., Thread can be moved "later"...) :roll:

=> I give up... Good luck with other (Advanced) Users..., but this Duplicate will eventually be deleted..., or merged with your original Thread if other Users post in it... :|
>>>

Extra Tags for Forum Stats:
[FCI_Dfc] [FCI_Ref] [WSF] [WSF_CR] [WSF_Dup] [IPc_NoP/V_US]