Cannot run certain .js files

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros Firefox add-on.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
StarFaller

Cannot run certain .js files

Post by StarFaller » Fri Jun 15, 2007 12:02 pm

Hi,

I have a strange problem with iMacros.

I've been using iMacros 802 but 803 has the same problem, FF is 2.0.0.4

All i can say is there are certain .js files, actually every file i ever made, lately that have the play/edit button grayed out,i can't run the javascript.

a few days ago i had a macro, that i did manage to run, but now that same macro is also grayed out. actually is appears un-grayed for a split second, then it's grayed out.
I've been looking at the demo .js files, the buttons are not grayed out with those, and i can run them.

I'm running FF on a limited account on my work pc, but i have no problems running macros, saving files, extracting data using regular .iim files.

What are the checks the iim macros performs on the files in the scripts location folder, in order to determine if a script can be run or not?

btw, i'm using this code, and i get the grayed out behaviour, although i've tried cropping the code and the effect is the same

Code: Select all

var BaseCode, MyMacroCode, j, i , jsNewLine="\n";
var Get_PData, Save_Data;

Get_Player_Data = "TAG POS=1 TYPE=TD ATTR=HTM:*Ballhandling* extract=htm";
Save_Data = "SAVEAS TYPE=EXTRACT FOLDER=C:\\IT OPS\\Ionut Nica\\ FILE=Data.csv";
iimDisplay("Start demo");
i = iimPlay("C:\\IT OPS\\Ionut Nica\\Automations\\CESF\\Generic Header.iim",60)

thanks
Tech Support

Post by Tech Support » Fri Jun 15, 2007 1:30 pm

If I copy this code to a new file it works for me. Please email your orignial *.js file to support1 AT iopus.com so we can test it. In your email, please refer to this forum post. Thanks!
StarFaller

Post by StarFaller » Fri Jun 15, 2007 1:58 pm

ok, i will send another file that also has this issue.

originally these files are placed in a briefcase folder, that i created, that i have full access to, write, read, execute, view contents.

the files are written with a freeware tool notepad++ if that helps, encoding is ansi encoding.
zwollner

Post by zwollner » Sat Jun 16, 2007 3:19 pm

I've found that If i try to edit the scripts using anything other than the "edit Macro" button it won't let me run them.
so if I browse to the folder and open them using wordpad (or something) then edit and save it, I can no longer run them.