iimplay() error

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros Firefox add-on.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
kart4578

iimplay() error

Post by kart4578 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:42 am

i have created .js file by renaming current.iim(Recorded macro) to current.js in Imacro firefox extension(Free Version). I am run the file by clicking on play macro but getting error as "SyntaxError: can not parse macro line 1: iimPlay("Open6Tabs.iim");"

Current.js file having the below code
iimPlay("Open6Tabs.iim");

Can anyone resolve it ?
chivracq

Re: iimplay() error

Post by chivracq » Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:57 pm

kart4578 wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:42 am
i have created .js file by renaming current.iim(Recorded macro) to current.js in Imacro firefox extension(Free Version). I am run the file by clicking on play macro but getting error as

Code: Select all

"SyntaxError: can not parse macro line 1: iimPlay("Open6Tabs.iim");"
Current.js file having the below code

iimPlay("Open6Tabs.iim");
Can anyone resolve it ?

Oh..., good...!, I didn't realize you had opened a parallel Thread from your Thread on SOF...:
- how to use iimPlay() in js file using Firefox Extension(free)
(Hum, Threads actually (plural) as the first one got closed, abusively in my Opinion as "Off-Topic" by "High-Ranking" Users on SOF who very probably don't know anything about iMacros... I've never seen any of them answering any Qt about iMacros...)

Hum, you could better have opened your own Thread rather than posting in some existing Thread from more than 6 years ago..., but OK, never mind... No need to duplicate now, "we" can split the Thread later on...

OK, then we start from/by the beginning, ah-ah...!
=> FCIM...! :mrgreen: (Read my Sig..., and the Forum Rules...)
"Imacro firefox extension(Free Version)" is not good enough, sorry...!

This is a TechForum, and you need to mention your FCI..., and with all 3 Versions...!

>>>

EDIT: "from more than 5 years ago" => "from more than 6 years ago", ah-ah...! I can't count...! (2013->2019 = 6 years!), even if 6>5, so "more than 5" was technically "correct", ah-ah...! [OK, Post edited anyway...] :wink:
Last edited by chivracq on Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
kart4578

Post by kart4578 » Mon Aug 26, 2019 3:22 pm

Configuration: Firefox Quantum 68.0.2(32 bit)
Imacro version :10.0.2.1450
Windows 10
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Mon Aug 26, 2019 4:18 pm

kart4578 wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 3:22 pm
Configuration:

Firefox Quantum 68.0.2(32 bit)
Imacro version :10.0.2.1450
Windows 10

YES...!, finally...! "We" did it...! Hum, 6 days to get the "Basics", eh-eh...! :D
Even if 'Free'/'PE' is still missing, but you had already mentioned 'Free' previously...

Hum, you manage to squeeze 3 Typos in "iMacros" btw, I hope you put a little bit more "attention" when you type Commands in your Scripts, Runtime Engines don't like Typos...

Yeah well, then the Answer/Explanation to your "Issue" is simply documented in the Release Notes for v10.0.2 for FF...! :idea:
The built-in Javascript scripting interface for playing .js files is no longer available.
If you want to use '.js' Scripts, you need to use iMacros v8.9.7 for FF, (rather than v9.0.3), which works on up to FF56 (recommended = FF v55.0.3), or 'Pale Moon' (PM28), or any other Browser forked on FF that didn't adopt the WebExtension Architecture, like 'Waterfox', 'Cyberfox' or 'Basilisk'. (+ iMacros for FF v8.9.7 for all of them...)
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Mon Aug 26, 2019 4:44 pm

... And I've updated/adapted my Answer to your Thread on SOF..., which you'll be able to "accept", once you are "happy" with it... :wink:

(And next time you'll ask a Qt on SOF or our Forum, I hope you'll remember to include your FCI, I won't go again through the trouble of asking you again... :idea: )
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:44 am

Grrr..., and more than 2 days later, still no Follow-up [again]...! (Nor on SOF...) :shock:
Or do we have to wait for 6 days again, @kart4578, before you'll bother following up and posting an Update...!?, even if it's just to mention that you read (and I know you did, 1h after my last Post, same on SOF), and understood my Answer...!? :roll: